Cyberpunk 2077 E3 2018 Trailer Frame by Frame Final Episode 13 - Speed and style

+

Speed is a major theme in Cyberpunk 2077. For many, it’s just a way of life. The city moves fast, so keep up or get blown back. Any edgerunner will tell you: If you stop, you die — Night City waits for no one.

Our protagonist’s well-worn bomber jacket oozes style, but that’s not it’s only purpose. Like most fashion choices in Night City, the jacket is also designed to be functional, offering the ability to connect the character to different forms of tech.

Hmm, does this mean that V's wardrobe will be just jackets or clothing with "slots" for the different tech?

It's maybe "that" jacket that has a feature to link it to device (probably the glowing collar acts as an holographic screen projector)

I don't particularly like the concept of limiting V's appearance options via "this clothing item gives a bonus to X". It promotes wearing items entirely because of their bonuses regardless of their in-game appearance.

Guest 4310777

If the functionality of the clothing makes sense and doesn't defy the laws of physics, then I am all for it, sounds very creative to me

I don't hope they copy the armor system from TW3, I have to admit that I refused to wear certain items even though they were much better than what I had, simply because I didn't like the look.

However in CP I will worry about if you choose a certain play style, that some clothing type is only viable option, because those are the ones that connect to a given tech, using anything else would just not make sense. I really don't hope that is the case. Because then I will have to ignore the stats as in TW3 :D

A. If the clothes come with fixed stats transmogrify can help.
Go to a fashion place and change the appearance of the clothing article you don't like to one you enjoy.

B. If the items come with levels attached to them the game can let us re-roll part of the stats on them, like Diablo 3 does.

But the devs might not want these techs, and if you loot good items too often money might be a problem for the above options.

You're kind of assuming CP2077 is going to be a "shooter-looter" aren't you?
Right now we have zero evidence of this.

Item rarity confirmed is kind of an evidence.

Well, it is - confirmation of item rarity. The perjorative shooter-looter refers to more than rarity however.

Item rarity is a thing both in the real world and more in-depth RPGs like Fallout New Vegas.

I like the idea of it, actually. Customized or rare pieces of gear. I have a pretty custom truck, looks fairly unusual and I enjoy that about it. Also the ability to drive over things.

So rarity in CP2077 might be just fine.

Well, it is - confirmation of item rarity. The perjorative shooter-looter refers to more than rarity however.

Item rarity is a thing both in the real world and more in-depth RPGs like Fallout New Vegas.

I like the idea of it, actually. Customized or rare pieces of gear. I have a pretty custom truck, looks fairly unusual and I enjoy that about it. Also the ability to drive over things.

So rarity in CP2077 might be just fine.
Item rarity works fairly well, as long as it's not overdone, and it usually is.

In most cases there's a table of semi-random traits that are applied to items you loot. The trouble is most of the traits are pretty useless and create nothing more then vendor fodder. In some cases 1 or 2 traits are useful, but since they're randomly assigned to items it really encourages save spamming to get something useful.

So if it's last episode and "now we wait" there's chance we will see something new on Gamescom. Otherwise they must think of something else because there's still 4 months before Game Awards. People will forget about Cyberpunk when they'll only post some fan arts for almost 4 months

Ahaahahaah. No. People didn't forget about Cyberpunk when they posted nothing at all for -years-. And got crazy excited over one small beep.

Hype is not a problem. Over hype might be though.
After about 5 years in November 2017 I did delete my various news alerts for Cyberpunk 2077 & CDPR because I figured this wouldn't ever come to light, it was the "At the Mountains of Madness" movie all over again. I thought I was walking away from it, but then they released a trailer and I couldn't avoid it's siren song. I assume some people would move on if they go too long, but most of those will come back when they do put something out.

Over hype I think could be a big problem, the more people obsess about the game without having anything tangible to temper expectations, the crazier those expectations are going to get.

As @MadqueenShow said the other day in a vid she made, the real problem is conflicting and incomplete information. What little we know for sure is far Far FAR outweighed by what we don't. This leads to speculation and people nit-picking everything we do know to death, speculation on single words used in official comments.

(( Comment deleted due to the below answer from @Sardukhar .))

Last edited:
We still don't know something as simple and basic as "Is CP2077 an RPG using character skills or an FPS using player?"

Sure we do. From the Dev answers:

"Cyberpunk is not an FPS. It's not a shooter with RPG mechanics either. Cyberpunk is a role-playing game with attributes, skills, perks, items and choices with consequences. "

There you go. It's an RPG using character skills.

Now whether those skills are implemented in a way you have decided defines an RPG, that remains to be seen. But that's your - and other people's - definition ( of both RPGs and FPS and again, highly debatable and I think pretty inaccurate) and that definition is very very far from simple or basic.

It has skills. Attributes. It uses those values. So.

CP2077 is an RPG using character skills, according to the Reds. They have even listed a variety of skills and stats for you.

"Cyberpunk is not an FPS. It's not a shooter with RPG mechanics either. Cyberpunk is a role-playing game with attributes, skills, perks, items and choices with consequences. "
Guess I missed that particular comment/quote.
Thanks!

Coming straight out and saying it's not an FPS or a shooter with RPG mechanics makes me feel a LOT better.
I really was getting the feel it would be some sort of bastardized FPS/RPG combo.

Top Bottom