Cyberpunk 2077 - Early Access

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what's your opinion on this idea, what if a year ago CDPR released Cyberpunk as a Early Access game at full price in a state we did get it. With a sobby vid from Marcin how they regret they couldn't do more at this time, but CDPR will continue its work. 2 years later in late 2022 we get the product we dreamed of, with all the cut content. What you think, would this be a acceptable solution that would please fan base as well CDPR board and shareholders?

Im pretty sure sales wouldn't be as good as they where at the start but in the long run this game would sell for years bringing even more profit. Im not usually fan of Early Access but in this case I believe it could work and help CDPR deliver what we wanted and what was original concept and at the same time making it even more profitable.

Hey,
it sounds like a good idea on paper, but probably the impossible one.

Just the scenes/functionality from the E3 trailer and 48min demo would probably take years to complete - that is, optimized well enough for old-gen, with a similar level of detail and graphics, and running at least on 30 fps.

I would say "just don't release it!". If you know that your game is not finished -- DONT RELEASE IT!!

I don't play unfinished games. I hate Early Access because it's just another form of "we don't have the game yet, but we want the money now". How many games moved from early access and turned out to be a fully fledged final releases and how many games stays in early access until the company anounces the sequel and stops supporting the previous game all together?

Also Early Access usually is made out of segments and because development takes a long time and newer elements are of significantly higher quality than the early ones, the game feels like something made out of LEGO brics but some pieces are obviously made of better plastic and some are obviously decades old. The game feels uneven, you can clearly tell which parts were made as separate updates, you can feel the seems.

If you ever played the half life fan remake, Black Mesa, you know what I'm talking about. With early parts of the game feeling like a mod, then the middle parts feeling kind of rushed, then finally the final chapter of the game, extended and of vastly higher quality because the team started being payed all of a sudden.

If Cyberpunk was released as Early Acces, I wouldn't buy it. I would drop all and every delusion about the game ever being any good and I would move on. I don't play unfinished games. Cyberpunk would become just another game I'm not interested about.

I would say "just don't release it!". If you know that your game is not finished -- DONT RELEASE IT!!

I don't play unfinished games. I hate Early Access because it's just another form of "we don't have the game yet, but we want the money now". How many games moved from early access and turned out to be a fully fledged final releases and how many games stays in early access until the company anounces the sequel and stops supporting the previous game all together?

Also Early Access usually is made out of segments and because development takes a long time and newer elements are of significantly higher quality than the early ones, the game feels like something made out of LEGO brics but some pieces are obviously made of better plastic and some are obviously decades old. The game feels uneven, you can clearly tell which parts were made as separate updates, you can feel the seems.

If you ever played the half life fan remake, Black Mesa, you know what I'm talking about. With early parts of the game feeling like a mod, then the middle parts feeling kind of rushed, then finally the final chapter of the game, extended and of vastly higher quality because the team started being payed all of a sudden.

If Cyberpunk was released as Early Acces, I wouldn't buy it. I would drop all and every delusion about the game ever being any good and I would move on. I don't play unfinished games. Cyberpunk would become just another game I'm not interested about.
They really should have adhered to the "coming when it's ready" doctrine, even if it meant a 2023-24 release. I don't mind waiting years and years if that means the game is going to get as polished as possible :shrug:

This entire premise is moot. The game was fully released almost a year ago, which you are aware of.

Plus, we really don't need yet another rant thread about how bad you think the game is or how good it could have been, which this is already becoming. There are, or have been, dozens upon dozens of those already.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom