Cyberpunk 2077 Expansions and Potential Sequels - Let's Discuss Our Preferences

+

What would be your preference regarding the setting and protagonist of the potential sequel?

• I want to stay in Night City and continue V's story.

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • I want to stay in Night City, but play as a completely new character.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • I would rather explore different places then Night City as V.

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • I would rather explore different places then Night City as a new character.

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • To be honest, both are fine by me.

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters
So, I would have it so that CP2077 is the base game on top of which two or three separate "sequel sized" expansions are built, that can be accessed via the main menu.

The protagonist in this first 2077 "episode" - if you will - is V, as we know; the first "expansion/sequel" protagonist might be H, and the protagonist of the third, S.

Now V is - as a baseline - either techie, netrunner or solo, or a mixup of those (all pretty straight forward classes for edgerunning). H might be cop, media or med tech (all pretty "mainstream" classes and mostly on the side of law, but of course corruptable, and still somewhat actiony). S might be nomad, corpo or fixer (all can be prone to lawlessness, selfserviance and opportunism).

Every character has his/her own storylines, side quests, interactions, skillsets, gameplay opportunities and outcomes. Each has their own game, to put it that way, but within one product so that you can access them all at any order you wish (once they're all out).

The storylines happen simultaneously with eachother and might coincide in certain points, they might even be somewhat interconnected with eachother in some ways so that it might seem they all play along, but they'd still be individual stories of those characters.

And as the next "episode" get closer, the core game gets updates accordingly. Maybe even adding some small stuff to the preceding "episodes" in the gameplay front.

So in the end, you'd have three games in one package. All with unique content and gameplay fit for their intended experiences. And those three "episodes" would be Cyberpunk 2077 as a whole experience, practically a trilogy in one.

And if that wasn't too much to ask for yet, they could add a fourth "episode", which would be kind of a Cyberpunk sandbox where you'd have all the skills and character archetypes of V, H and S for a character that's completely open to the player and not predefined in any way (not voiced, no backstory beyond the players choices for lifepath, a blank slate...). And the story for him/her would be the quintessential "saving yourself" exploration happening in Night City. An event based story that has an opening motif and a number of conclusions, but where the path between start and finishline would be completely up to the player (see Fallout or Fallout 2 for example and expand on that idea). Some conclusions might mean game over, and some might let you roam freely around the city doing the sandbox content that'd be the core point of this fourth "episode" (freeroam).

So basically "four" games in one massive, massive product produced through a number of years.

Graphics don't need upgrading form 2077. The city doesn't need to be built all over again for each sequel. Base gameplay and city dynamics only need adjusting between the "episodes". The "episodes" might increase the size of the city at its edges if need be, but that's that.

Now obviously this isn't going to happen the way I explained it, and more likely it won't happen at all, but I think the thematic behind this sort of idea could be interesting, and it would align with CDPR's intent on supporting the game and the franchise for years to come.

A Cyberpunk 2 is wholly other matter which I won't even start to hypothesize.

So there. That's how I'd see expanding CP2077 done if it was up to me. Not in the way of usual isolated and relatively shoebox sized storyexpansions for that one protagonist like Witcher 3, but in a completely different manner.

Maybe, for a sequel they could go the linear route.

Get to play as a cop or a detective since they're not in the Cyberpunk 2077.

I've got some homebrewed stuff from my old 2020 campaign dealing with "Port-Salem" in the Parliamentary State of Oregon. If CDPR would be willing to make a "spin-off", I'd gladly make what I have available.

I can't really vote on this one. I need to play the game first. Would have helped if I could select more than one option.

I voted for option 1 where we stay as V and in Night City and continue the story telling. As a slight side-tangent though one thing I'd love to see CDPR do is sort of go back and forth with a CP game and then make a Witcher game, etc. So as to create some time gaps between the games to keep us anticipating them rather than them feeling overdone, etc.

I vote to keep it in Night City, I'm flexible on keeping V or making a new character, but my ideal DLC would be based off the PnP Cyberpunk 2020 expansion called Night's Edge that adds the supernatural to cyberpunk, more specifically vampires and werewolves.

I really don't know if I want a Cyberpunk 2077 sequel or not. Since you can create your own character, I think that Cyberpunk 2077 should be the only AAA Cyberpunk game CD Projekt Red works on. They can continue to add DLCs or expansions but creating sequels just diverts attention from the original game, the one that we've been waiting so long for. I want Cyberpunk 2077 to be special, a classic, and on its own, and I don't want the game to just get overshadowed by some other sequel.

I really don't know if I want a Cyberpunk 2077 sequel or not. Since you can create your own character, I think that Cyberpunk 2077 should be the only AAA Cyberpunk game CD Projekt Red works on. They can continue to add DLCs or expansions but creating sequels just diverts attention from the original game, the one that we've been waiting so long for. I want Cyberpunk 2077 to be special, a classic, and on its own, and I don't want the game to just get overshadowed by some other sequel.
I agree.

I hope the next Game (Cyberpunk 2/sequel ) will play in the north, we have here in north siberia several months of polar nights, 10 months of snow, northern lights and polar bears
P l..png

Last edited:

I agree this whole-heartedly. If they do another city, then NC becomes a dust, it loses the appeal in the eyes of the players, yeah the magic is gone so to speak. Sucks, they have already released World of Cyberpunk Book. The World of Cyberpunk isnt the way to go, just focus 100% on NC.

Last edited:
NC alone will be "dull" eventually though, I think. It would need expansions and / or changes to keep interesting in sequels.

Utilizing more of the world seems more feasible.

NC alone will be "dull" eventually though, I think. It would need expansions and / or changes to keep interesting in sequels.

Utilizing more of the world seems more feasible.

Resell the city again would be quite difficult task, they would need to add some memorable locations/characters where players wants to go back, show the improvements they have made from first game, lots of cool characters, lots of new lore, new activities, new vehicles etc.

It's not like NC will ever be done scale 1:1 in the first game.

While this is true, notable landmarks will still be covered meaning you could present a bigger city or different parts of it but would be locked out of landmarks or basically just recycle them.

Not that feasible.

They could still do an expansion that is directly continuously connected to the main Night City game world, like a deep underground version of Night City, maybe called "The Underworld" and it could have a bar in it called "The River of Styx" like ancient greek/roman mythology if I got that correct.

They could still do an expansion that is directly continuously connected to the main Night City game world, like a deep underground version of Night City, maybe called "The Underworld" and it could have a bar in it called "The River of Styx" like ancient greek/roman mythology if I got that correct.
That would be as hell man

Both would be great. Best of both worlds kind of thing. But, since Nomad is a life path there is a possibility of additional content about them and their world. It's also an opportunity to use expand the types of vehicles you can use and what can be done with them (adding armor, weapons, etc). A very Mad Max vibe...having snow would be cool too!

Top Bottom