Cyberpunk 2077 Feature Wishlist

+
The purpose of this post is so that maybe a Dev will see it. There are a lot of features that I feel Cyberpunk 2077 needs to be a better game.
Obviously bugs need fixed, so I won't be including any specific examples or mention bugs after this point. This is a list of FEATURE changes.

==============
LEGEND:
White
= Could live without, but would be nice.
Yellow = How is this not already a feature?
Red = For the love of all that is good, HOW was this overlooked?!
==============

1. For Gamepad, either reassign the "Skip Dialogue" button, or the Sneak button. It's VERY annoying when I am sneaking (or want to sneak) and I end-up skipping story dialogue instead.
  2. Include Objective distance directly within the Journal menu. It's very annoying when I can't see at glance which missions are closest to my current location. Example: The various Delamain missions spread across the city.
  3. Include a vehicle image directly within the Journal menu when viewing an available Ride for purchase.
  4. Figure out a way to retain the ability to Block while wielding a knife if the player has purchased the Knife Throw ability. Perhaps an additional/different button will need to be pressed in order to activate throwing.
  5. Thrown knives should be retrievable. If they miss their target, the knife disappears into the ether. It just feels so wrong. Alternatively, make thrown knives deal like 3x damage or something, or 5x from stealth. They way the player won't feel entirely cheated when the knife is lost. Suggestion: Maybe make an entirely new type of knife, classified as "Throwing knife" which can be crafted at a lower resource cost and can be assigned like grenades.
  6. Gamepad button reassignment options. This may solve the issue with item # 1.
  7. Different "Grab" animation for grabbing an NPC from behind a couch or other object they're sitting on. Currently, the NPC just clips through the object when grabbed. It feels so bad.
  8. "Kill and Carry" / "Takedown and Carry" feature when sneak grabbing an NPC. If the player HOLDS the Kill or Takedown button, then V will automatically carry the body after the first animation is complete.

===========================

That's all for the list of features.
Now I'm moving on to just a few SUGGESTIONS, which I feel warrant separation from the Feature Wishlist. These suggestions are all themed around the "cops and robbers" concept. I fully understand the scope of these suggestions would require some kind of additional DLC. These suggestions are likely not something the Devs will implement via regular game patches.

SUGGESTION 1: After activating the "talk" button with any random NPC, it would be cool if the player were given the option to "rob" the NPC. This would encourage some more interaction with the game's police system. Once the player selects "Rob", V will say something telling the NPC that they're being robbed, and the player is required to draw a weapon to complete the robbery. The NPC will then either drop some Eddies and cower is fear, OR, the NPC will run if there are Police or gang members near by. Gang members in the most immediate vicinity (meaning within line of sight) will be alerted and attack V. It's like a "Nobody robs on MY street except for me!" kind of thing. Police from within a few blocks will be alerted as well.​
SUGGESTION 2: Police bounty permanence. Once V reaches a certain "wanted" ranking, a bounty will be placed on V's head. The player can either pay the bounty themselves, or ignore it and occasionally encounter a random interaction with a bounty hunter. Additionally, if V stands directly in front of a group of "idle" police officers for too long, they will start to recognize V and eventually realize V is wanted and start to pursue.​
SUGGESTION 3: More aggressive Police pursuit. Its WAY too easy to run away from the cops right now. They should pursue V in vehicles for longer distances before giving up.​
SUGGESTION 4: Police do NOT kill V. Instead, all police NPC weapons are non-lethal. Once V's health reaches zero (caused by police), V will pass out and wake up in a jail cell. The player can choose to either pay their bail/bounty, or break out via various methods.​

I can think of a few things that I would love to see in a DLC or possible expansion pack... For one thing this is Cyberpunk 2077 and there's no plastic surgeon??? Would love the ability to be able to re-customize or at least a Barber feature, tattoo shops with new and updated tattoos. The ability to toggle between third and first person so you can see yourself walking around not just driving.

I am with OP on these suggestions!
We just have to be careful about too much faction / police area reaction. Else we might end up with impossible situations where police and gangs are after us in certain city areas...

Here's my wishlist: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/cyberpunk_2077_features

• More granular map filters (e.g. show only weapon shops or clothing shops; show only thievery jobs or saboteur jobs etc.) as well as the ability to select filters by clicking with the mouse on a given entry in the legend
• The ability to rotate the map while in fixed camera mode
• Ability to change appearance post character creation
• A garage for owned vehicles or at least a dedicated parking spot in megabuilding H10's car park
• More minigames (e.g. play snooker with that guy in Afterlife, use some of the arcades, more variants of the hacking minigame etc.)
• An additional vendor filter for crafting specs only
• The ability to craft items in batches
• Hide already purchased crafting specs from vendor lists
• The ability to get rid of old, low-quality cyberware (dismantle / sell / drop / give to ripperdoc for a discount on new version)
• A dedicated inventory filter for quest items
• The ability to upgrade the quality of mods, cyberware, quickhacks and grenades, similar to what we can do with weapons and clothing
• Loot level scaling based on character level, street cred and health
• Enemy level scaling based on V's stats
• The ability to toggle the visibility of clothing items on and off
• Make clothing matter for role-playing. Examples:
- Wearing <gangName> jacket/cap/pants while strolling through a <gangName> hideout is considered a disguise (increased detection time?)
- Donning a hazmat suit increases chemical resistance or provides DoT reduction like the Resist! mod
- Ocusets have a built-in bonus to Range similar to scopes
- Gas masks have a built-in bonus to Oxygen akin to the Osmosis mod
- Netrunner suits provide bonuses quickhack duration
• NG+ either with static bonuses or bonuses based on the way with acted during our other playthroughs

This is just what was "promised".
And a bunch of QoL improvements...
Basically an update that is so good and so game changing that going back in and starting over is worth it.

compound sentence much?

One thing that I really want is cosmetic cyberwar. If you look at tons of different NPCs, they have dope cyberwar that really doesn't serve a purpose other than looking cool. Like Johnny's arm, or Mitch's arm, or Takemura's neck. I hope they add that kind of stuff in the future.
Post automatically merged:

The purpose of this post is so that maybe a Dev will see it. There are a lot of features that I feel Cyberpunk 2077 needs to be a better game.
Obviously bugs need fixed, so I won't be including any specific examples or mention bugs after this point. This is a list of FEATURE changes.

==============
LEGEND:
White
= Could live without, but would be nice.
Yellow = How is this not already a feature?
Red = For the love of all that is good, HOW was this overlooked?!
==============

1. For Gamepad, either reassign the "Skip Dialogue" button, or the Sneak button. It's VERY annoying when I am sneaking (or want to sneak) and I end-up skipping story dialogue instead.
  2. Include Objective distance directly within the Journal menu. It's very annoying when I can't see at glance which missions are closest to my current location. Example: The various Delamain missions spread across the city.
  3. Include a vehicle image directly within the Journal menu when viewing an available Ride for purchase.
  4. Figure out a way to retain the ability to Block while wielding a knife if the player has purchased the Knife Throw ability. Perhaps an additional/different button will need to be pressed in order to activate throwing.
  5. Thrown knives should be retrievable. If they miss their target, the knife disappears into the ether. It just feels so wrong. Alternatively, make thrown knives deal like 3x damage or something, or 5x from stealth. They way the player won't feel entirely cheated when the knife is lost. Suggestion: Maybe make an entirely new type of knife, classified as "Throwing knife" which can be crafted at a lower resource cost and can be assigned like grenades.
  6. Gamepad button reassignment options. This may solve the issue with item # 1.
  7. Different "Grab" animation for grabbing an NPC from behind a couch or other object they're sitting on. Currently, the NPC just clips through the object when grabbed. It feels so bad.
  8. "Kill and Carry" / "Takedown and Carry" feature when sneak grabbing an NPC. If the player HOLDS the Kill or Takedown button, then V will automatically carry the body after the first animation is complete.

===========================

That's all for the list of features.
Now I'm moving on to just a few SUGGESTIONS, which I feel warrant separation from the Feature Wishlist. These suggestions are all themed around the "cops and robbers" concept. I fully understand the scope of these suggestions would require some kind of additional DLC. These suggestions are likely not something the Devs will implement via regular game patches.

SUGGESTION 1: After activating the "talk" button with any random NPC, it would be cool if the player were given the option to "rob" the NPC. This would encourage some more interaction with the game's police system. Once the player selects "Rob", V will say something telling the NPC that they're being robbed, and the player is required to draw a weapon to complete the robbery. The NPC will then either drop some Eddies and cower is fear, OR, the NPC will run if there are Police or gang members near by. Gang members in the most immediate vicinity (meaning within line of sight) will be alerted and attack V. It's like a "Nobody robs on MY street except for me!" kind of thing. Police from within a few blocks will be alerted as well.​
SUGGESTION 2: Police bounty permanence. Once V reaches a certain "wanted" ranking, a bounty will be placed on V's head. The player can either pay the bounty themselves, or ignore it and occasionally encounter a random interaction with a bounty hunter. Additionally, if V stands directly in front of a group of "idle" police officers for too long, they will start to recognize V and eventually realize V is wanted and start to pursue.​
SUGGESTION 3: More aggressive Police pursuit. Its WAY too easy to run away from the cops right now. They should pursue V in vehicles for longer distances before giving up.​
SUGGESTION 4: Police do NOT kill V. Instead, all police NPC weapons are non-lethal. Once V's health reaches zero (caused by police), V will pass out and wake up in a jail cell. The player can choose to either pay their bail/bounty, or break out via various methods.​
I agree with literally every point you made besides the last. I think that should be in effect on 1 or 2 star rating, but after that they go full lethal. The NCPD couldn't care less if a murderous psycho dies.

Top Bottom