"Cyberpunk 2077 Flatlined" crash after playing 10-15 minutes

+
Hi. So, I have this issue and my issue is not like many other players. I researched this problem all over the internet and almost everyone says "game won't launch and I get flatlined error".

But mine is different. I can play the game like 10-15 minutes without any issue. But everytime, after 10-15 minutes, game crashes with that flatlined error. I've been playing the game for 40 hours and I didn't have any problem. It started to appear after 40 hours and it is frustrating.

I tried to reinstall GPU drivers, downgrade to the old GPU drivers, disable Steam overlay, close background apps, verify/reinstall the game, reset my settings and even format my PC... Nothing worked. I also saw that Nahimic solution but I don't have Nahimic on Task Manager. I also couldn't find it in services.

All my drivers are up to date and I'm using Windows 10.

Hi. So, I have this issue and my issue is not like many other players. I researched this problem all over the internet and almost everyone says "game won't launch and I get flatlined error".

But mine is different. I can play the game like 10-15 minutes without any issue. But everytime, after 10-15 minutes, game crashes with that flatlined error. I've been playing the game for 40 hours and I didn't have any problem. It started to appear after 40 hours and it is frustrating.

I tried to reinstall GPU drivers, downgrade to the old GPU drivers, disable Steam overlay, close background apps, verify/reinstall the game, reset my settings and even format my PC... Nothing worked. I also saw that Nahimic solution but I don't have Nahimic on Task Manager. I also couldn't find it in services.

All my drivers are up to date and I'm using Windows 10.
Have you checked that your system is sufficiently cooled and the airflow through it is not blocked? Is the front panel free of dust?

Annoying :(
Stupid question (and to know), but can you try on a new save/game. If the game generally/always crash after 10-15 min, you won't be able to pass the intro/lifepath.

I tried to play my older saves but the problem is still there. I haven't tried a new game though. I'll try that.

Have you checked that your system is sufficiently cooled and the airflow through it is not blocked? Is the front panel free of dust?

Yeah, I often check my system's temperatures and there isn't any problem. My GPU hardly reaches to 70 degrees and the CPU is around 55-60.

Thanks for the responses.

I tried to play my older saves but the problem is still there. I haven't tried a new game though. I'll try that.
When you say "40 hours", it's in 1.5 ?
Because there is definitely something who have change, it remains to figure out what/why :(
Post automatically merged:

An Antivirus update ? Have you try to disable any kind of antivirus (temporarily) ?

Last edited:

Yeah, I often check my system's temperatures and there isn't any problem. My GPU hardly reaches to 70 degrees and the CPU is around 55-60.

Thanks for the responses.
You could consider to delete the Cyberpunk 2077 folder, and reinstall a clean one. this is its address.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077

If there are no mods installed, Should report these crashes to CDPR Support. Think they would want to examine your game save, which you can find here.

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

This is the link to CDPR Support.

When you say "40 hours", it's in 1.5 ?
Because there is definitely something who have change, it remains to figure out what/why :(
Post automatically merged:

An Antivirus update ? Have you try to disable any kind of antivirus (temporarily) ?

Yeah. I've played 40 hours in 1.5 version. Actually, 1.5 patch was the reason I started to play the game again. I can't find any reason. I literally tried everything I saw on the internet. I don't use any Antivirus except Windows Security. I disabled it and it also didn't help.

By the way, I tried to start a new game and game crashed after 10 minutes like always. So, the problem is not the save files I guess... It is so annoying... I probably cannot even be able to refund the game because it's been +40 hours.

You could consider to delete the Cyberpunk 2077 folder, and reinstall a clean one. this is its address.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077

If there are no mods installed, Should report these crashes to CDPR Support. Think they would want to examine your game save, which you can find here.

C:\Users\username\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

This is the link to CDPR Support.

I reinstalled the game, didn't help. Then, yesterday I formatted the PC, problem's still there. I reported the issue with my DxDiag file, to CDPR Support. It's been 3 days I'm still waiting for their response.

Yeah, very, very annoying :(
(unfortunately, I'm out of idea...)

With the release of the 1.5 and the next-gen patch, I think that the support must have a fair amount of reports to deal with. It's definitely not the best period to receive a quick answer/help.

Yeah I can understand that. I'll wait for CDPR to respond and if they can't help me I'll probably try to refund the game... I don't think they will accept it though. :/

Thanks for your help. :)

Yeah I can understand that. I'll wait for CDPR to respond and if they can't help me I'll probably try to refund the game... I don't think they will accept it though. :/

Thanks for your help. :)
Very unfortunate you can't play. Especially when it's your weekend off.

About Support, that it takes a while for them to respond, does not mean that from the moment they respond, they started addressing you issue. I've seen evidence and experience it which convinced me, that all issues are immediately taken into account the moment they're received. So even if it takes a month for them to respond, like in one of my cases, the ticket was already taken into account for a month.

So please bare with them.

I have exactly the same problem. I played >100h on 1.31 (or 1.34 version, can't remember exactly) before 1.5 release and it was all good. After 1.5 upgrade i could play C77 for only few mintues and then it crashes. I have alos updated my drivers etc. but it didn't solve the problem. I have windows 11. It also crashed some of my saves, luckly i had many saves so i could you different ones. and still, every time i launch the game after couple of mintes it crashes, even after 1.5 hotfix. The game just hangs and frozes with this annoying noise of stuck sound.

I have exactly the same problem. I played >100h on 1.31 (or 1.34 version, can't remember exactly) before 1.5 release and it was all good. After 1.5 upgrade i could play C77 for only few mintues and then it crashes. I have alos updated my drivers etc. but it didn't solve the problem. I have windows 11. It also crashed some of my saves, luckly i had many saves so i could you different ones. and still, every time i launch the game after couple of mintes it crashes, even after 1.5 hotfix. The game just hangs and frozes with this annoying noise of stuck sound.
If the game still crash, if you have an NIvidia GPU, can you try to rolling your drivers back on a previous version ?
(at least it can't be worse...)

If the game still crash, if you have an NIvidia GPU, can you try to rolling your drivers back on a previous version ?
(at least it can't be worse...)
The problem appeared for the first time before I updated the drivers. I have updated the drives as an atempt to fix the problem as per advise I found on the tech support page. So I guess going back to the previous versions of the drivers won't change anything?

The problem appeared for the first time before I updated the drivers. I have updated the drives as an atempt to fix the problem as per advise I found on the tech support page. So I guess going back to the previous versions of the drivers won't change anything?
I read that someone who rolled back his drivers saw all his problems of memory and huge FPS drops solved.
(it's to take with grain of salt obviously and I don't know which version it was...)

@LeKill3rFou @Bartinga2077 @janaka85

The support replied my ticket a couple of days ago and I figured that I forgot to update this post since I solved the problem. Firstly, the support said "we released a hotfix for that problem, make sure you updated your game". but the problem is, my issue is not the issue this hotfix solves. It fixed the launch crash issues, I get those crashes after ≈15 minutes gameplay.

But the good thing is, I didn't really need the support's reply. ≈1 week after I created this post, I found a solution myself but forgot to add here.

2 months ago, I added 16GBs more RAM to my system. After that, Overwatch started to crash but it wasn't as often as Cyberpunk crashes. So I didn't really care. But after a short time, I also get blue screens and I thought maybe something wrong with the RAMs.

I tried to play CP with only 16GBs RAM and I didn't get any crashes. The problem is not the new RAMs though. I could play the game with new 16GB RAMs or the old ones. But when I add 8 or 16GB more, the game started to crash again.

I tried a lot of things like trying different slots, different RAMs and I thought maybe the motherboard's RAM slot is the problem. I was going to contact with my motherboard's technical service but finally, as a last hope, I tried to change frequency to 2933 from 3200MHz and magic happened. Since then, I've been playing the game without any crash issues.

FYI, I bought the exact same RAMs with my old ones to not have a compatibility issues. RAMs support 3200MHz frequency speed but I cannot use them together in 3200MHz. I tried also 3000MHz but it didn't work. 2933 is the magic number for a reason I don't understand. But anyways, there isn't any huge FPS gap between 3200 and 2933. So I don't mind using 2933MHz.

I'll research about this RAM issue later, but looks like my problem wasn't about Cyberpunk at all. I didn't think about other possibilities when I created this post, since a lot of people had crash issues with this game. After all, problem solved and I can play the game. I'm happy. :D

TL;DR = The problem is my RAMs. I set my frequency speed to 2933 from 3200MHz and problem solved! :)

@LeKill3rFou @Bartinga2077 @janaka85

The support replied my ticket a couple of days ago and I figured that I forgot to update this post since I solved the problem. Firstly, the support said "we released a hotfix for that problem, make sure you updated your game". but the problem is, my issue is not the issue this hotfix solves. It fixed the launch crash issues, I get those crashes after ≈15 minutes gameplay.

But the good thing is, I didn't really need the support's reply. ≈1 week after I created this post, I found a solution myself but forgot to add here.

2 months ago, I added 16GBs more RAM to my system. After that, Overwatch started to crash but it wasn't as often as Cyberpunk crashes. So I didn't really care. But after a short time, I also get blue screens and I thought maybe something wrong with the RAMs.

I tried to play CP with only 16GBs RAM and I didn't get any crashes. The problem is not the new RAMs though. I could play the game with new 16GB RAMs or the old ones. But when I add 8 or 16GB more, the game started to crash again.

I tried a lot of things like trying different slots, different RAMs and I thought maybe the motherboard's RAM slot is the problem. I was going to contact with my motherboard's technical service but finally, as a last hope, I tried to change frequency to 2933 from 3200MHz and magic happened. Since then, I've been playing the game without any crash issues.

FYI, I bought the exact same RAMs with my old ones to not have a compatibility issues. RAMs support 3200MHz frequency speed but I cannot use them together in 3200MHz. I tried also 3000MHz but it didn't work. 2933 is the magic number for a reason I don't understand. But anyways, there isn't any huge FPS gap between 3200 and 2933. So I don't mind using 2933MHz.

I'll research about this RAM issue later, but looks like my problem wasn't about Cyberpunk at all. I didn't think about other possibilities when I created this post, since a lot of people had crash issues with this game. After all, problem solved and I can play the game. I'm happy. :D

TL;DR = The problem is my RAMs. I set my frequency speed to 2933 from 3200MHz and problem solved! :)
Very glad you figured it out. Happy gaming.

Top Bottom