Cyberpunk 2077 Forum Short Story Competition - Discussion

+
Can we submit stories to more than one language forum?
No.

4.You may provide only one submission containing only one Story. The submissions containing multiple Stories or subsequent submissions of the same Participant will not qualify.
5.You may only provide a submission containing a Story in one language section of the Forum.

En, de, br/pt, ru, pl and fr

1594418761955.png

Thanks anyway.

I just hope mine doesn`t suck to much , i wanted to give it a go (y)

Not as much as a black hole. No, more like a... vacuum cleaner? But I guess that's a good thing. Because they suppose to suck.

Damn, that reminds me. You know what a vacuum cleaner is called in Dutch when you literally translate it back to English?

dust sucker

It actually makes sense, unlike vacuum cleaner.

God, what am I doing with my life?

Last edited:
Not as much as a black hole. No, more like a... vacuum cleaner? But I guess that's a good thing. Because they suppose to suck. Damn, that reminds me. You know what a vacuum cleaner is called in Dutch when you translate it back to English, literally?

dust sucker

It actually makes sense, unlike vacuum cleaner.

God, what am I doing with my life?

you should be ashamed of yourself.

ughhh I wish I wouldn't have submitted mine. I keep finding problems with it! the life of a perfectionist is a hard one :(

I'm just curious here, is there any particular reason why most people seem to prefer writing their story in first person rather than third person? (at least so far)

I'm just curious here, is there any particular reason why most people seem to prefer writing their story in first person rather than third person? (at least so far)

Oh, please, tell me you did [ask] that on purpose!?

That being the game is in first person

ughhh I wish I wouldn't have submitted mine. I keep finding problems with it! the life of a perfectionist is a hard one :(

Although technically not against the rules, changes are best done before submitting/posting. Fixing typos is ofc not a problem but changing/adding/removing whole paragraphs is not recommended since depending on the number of submissions it might be in vain because people won't read the same thing multiple times in order to "spot the differences"

Take your time people, there's plenty left.

Fixing typos is ofc not a problem but changing/adding/removing whole paragraphs is not recommended since depending on the number of submissions it might be in vain because people won't read the same thing multiple times in order to "spot the differences"

Take your time people, there's plenty left.
^This.

What was your writing process like?

Things I would like to know about your short story submission.

1: Formulation of concept ideas.

2: Length of time it took to write a short story.

3: Writing process/ (was there any trouble you came across when writing your short story)

4: Final feeling regarding your submissions

Reason for submission of short story.
I work in a high end hotel and duo to cov-19 it's been very slow lately, sometimes we have stretches of 5 hours of inactivity so naturally you start to look for things to do to avoid boredom.

I chose to kill time by reading random things on "cyberpunk 2077 forum" one of the first things that pops up when you enter the forum is the "short story competition" but there was nothing submitted yet so I though "ah hell why not"

Work with what you have.
I am in no way shape or form a writer, I have never attempted to write a short story or any story for that matter other than a few shit ones I wrote in high school. This became very apparent to me as I stared to write.

Initially my story was going to be longer but the more I wrote the more I realized things didn't make any sense. It took me about an hour to formulate a concept idea but putting it into words in a way that made sense and was enjoyable to read was going to be difficult.

What I wanted to write vs what I wrote.
Originally my story was going to be about a character having to deal with his 60lb/27kg cybernetic leg not working in a middle of a get a way and what he had to do to in order to buy time until trauma team arrived.

Final feelings.
All in all it was a good time, learned a few things, Killed some time at work which was my original goal and found a new hobby/ interest "short stories" am happy with how my story turned out given I had never written a story before.

Side notes.
Am enjoying reading other contestants stories as well as learning from them so thumbs up to you guys!

Also am at work again, is slow so I wrote this…

Top Bottom