Cyberpunk 2077 FPP/TPP confirmed

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyberpunk 2077 FPP/TPP confirmed

I don't like this, you can't do a great and deep melee combat with a lot of variations with fist person camera, in third person you can do this and you can do a good gun combat too, i hope the melee combat will be in third person...

1st/3rd mix means we can have worthwhile gunplay. Shooting a rifle is absolutely pointless in third person. Give me iron sights or give me death.

Mmmm that a bad new for me, i don´t like the FPP idea. I hope that does not neglect the TPP view by this introduction.

No, it's not, as proved by Max Payne 3.

Exactly. Or the third person shootouts in Deus Ex HR. Those worked great.

All in all, I'm really happy to finally read something new about the game, some information that looks official. Plus, I like what I read.

Only real question is, will we have the choice to switch freely between first and third person? Or will it be implemented together with a cover system?

Anyway, I'm happy to see that sloooooowly...... slooowly something happens.

No, it's not, as proved by Max Payne 3.

Well, does it have iron sights?

Here's you behind a gun:

Here's you behind a guy with a gun:

But OK, to each their own. To me, the former looks like a shooter, and the latter looks like a console game, but that's my opinion. There were quite a few of us though, who wanted a 1st/3rd hybrid, and not a too insignificant a number of those who wanted just a 1st person game. The majority of people according to a poll on this site should be happy now, and that's what's important.

To me, the former looks like a shooter, and the latter looks like a console game, but that's my opinion.

Neither of which is a bad thing :]

I like the idea of a mix perspective game, I wonder how it will be executed; the statement in the picture doesn't say anything about execution, so let's not assume the worst.

So does this news mean we don't have to sacrifice Redge now? Lucky.

on one hand i hope it's context sensitive because in really liked how deus ex handled combat, it worked perfectly fine
on the other, with all the customization c77 will have, i was really hoping to have a good look at my character all the time, so toggle would be way better for that, but not if the combat has to suffer (see fallout 3)

If you use a scope, it switches to TPP view, like this:

So it would be a nice compromise if the game was TPP in general, but switched to FPP in certain situations (like using scopes, binoculars etc). Shooting from the hip or without scopes could be handled in TPP.

But OK, to each their own. To me, the former looks like a shooter, and the latter looks like a console game, but that's my opinion. There were quite a few of us though, who wanted a 1st/3rd hybrid, and not a too insignificant a number of those who wanted just a 1st person game. The majority of people according to a poll on this site should be happy now, and that's what's important.

CP2077 will not be a shooter but an RPG, so IMO they should be looking for compromise between TPP and FPP.

OOH! BRing up the Redge-Frying Engine! Heat the Redge Basting Oil! Redge! Prepare for basting!

I'll just wait for some kind of CDPR confirm before getting excited or updating the fAQ, I guess? Wasteland bit looks good. TPP/FPP sounds fine, although I found Max Payne 3 didn't prove anything to me other than it was a good TPP shooter.

I did find some fun FPP melee combat in Chivalry, though, so that's encouraging.

Yeah, I'd agree - don't update the FAQ/Known Facts for this. Regardless of the authenticity of the source, it wasn't a press release/interview to the fans/customer base, so it doesn't represent a commitment, just an intention.

Here's you behind a gun:

Here's you behind a guy with a gun:

I'd like to point out ironsights are precisely meant to make fps games more playable on consoles. They both look like console games :p unless we are talking about simulators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom