Cyberpunk 2077 FPP/TPP confirmed

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Great anime, too.

Awesome episode!

Thanks for the replies guys! I think I'll enjoy my limited time here very much indeed!

OK. I've been dying to ask. Why "limited time?"
I must admit, we have been considering banning people automatically once they reach a certain post count, but we've been keeping that quiet so that Sard wouldn't get alarmed, so you couldn't possibly have known.

I am sure many members of the forum would be more than willing to agree with me, (just this once,) when I say they aren't...
But thank you :D

I've warned you before about claiming to speak for everyone.
Oh, wait...
OK.

Regarding the "Awareness/Notice", there's been a lot of discussion over at TW regarding the "Witcher Sense" that CDPR are planning for TW3, and there's starting to be assurance coming through from CDPR that it's not going to be something that just makes the game ridiculously easy by highlighting clues.

I'm hoping for something similar in CP77, but I'm a little nervous that the pointy-arrow device in that Alpha Protocol screenshot is just a little bit too obvious. How did they avoid that?

I must admit, we have been considering banning people automatically once they reach a certain post count, but we've been keeping that quiet so that Sard wouldn't get alarmed, so you couldn't possibly have known.

HAhahahah.....wait. What?

I've warned you before about claiming to speak for everyone.
Oh, wait...
OK.

Regarding the "Awareness/Notice", there's been a lot of discussion over at TW regarding the "Witcher Sense" that CDPR are planning for TW3, and there's starting to be assurance coming through from CDPR that it's not going to be something that just makes the game ridiculously easy by highlighting clues.

I'm hoping for something similar in CP77, but I'm a little nervous that the pointy-arrow device in that Alpha Protocol screenshot is just a little bit too obvious. How did they avoid that?

It was pretty obvious - they didn't avoid it, iirc.

I saw Witcher Sense and am equally worried. Detective Mode in Arkham meant I spent a lot of time abusing super-vision. What kind of reassurances are coming through from CDPR? Because more HUD stuff = less ability for me to pretend it's not just a computer game, ( ITS LIFE DAMN IT). I almost always turn off quest markers where possible. Unless it's thematic - I liked Clairvoyance in Skyrim and couldn't abuse it too much because it ate huge amounts of mana.

A faint glow or flicker might be cool, if it was temporary and simply assisted - you'd still have to spot it and it wouldn't be overwhemling.

In CP2020, Aware/Notice lets you spot ambushes, followers, wake up when people are sneaking up on you, realise that the samurai is hiding in the darkened doorway and just laugh, which later means you have to fight like a billion bandits for some rice you get gypped on anyway..never mind.

Ideally I'd like to see A/N applied with audio cues - crunching sounds, people breathing, etc - as well as suddenly much sharper vision. No arrows or glows.

Edit: Nice find, Chris - I was just chasing that on Netflix. Been years.

It was pretty obvious - they didn't avoid it, iirc.

In that case, I don't like it.

I saw Witcher Sense and am equally worried. Detective Mode in Arkham meant I spent a lot of time abusing super-vision. What kind of reassurances are coming through from CDPR? Because more HUD stuff = less ability for me to pretend it's not just a computer game, ( ITS LIFE DAMN IT). I almost always turn off quest markers where possible. Unless it's thematic - I liked Clairvoyance in Skyrim and couldn't abuse it too much because it ate huge amounts of mana.

The reassurances are still vague, but mainly at the level of "you still have to think for yourself". I like markers the way they were in TW2, on a crappy map, in the wrong place, don't indicate the height above sea-level, or are completely missing if the protagonist doesn't have a good reason for knowing where to go.

A faint glow or flicker might be cool, if it was temporary and simply assisted - you'd still have to spot it and it wouldn't be overwhemling.

In CP2020, Aware/Notice lets you spot ambushes, followers, wake up when people are sneaking up on you, realise that the samurai is hiding in the darkened doorway and just laugh, which later means you have to fight like a billion bandits for some rice you get gypped on anyway..never mind.

Ideally I'd like to see A/N applied with audio cues - crunching sounds, people breathing, etc - as well as suddenly much sharper vision. No arrows or glows.

Yup, I like audio cues. Especially those where you know when there's going to be an ambush because the soundtrack changes to the "Danger!" motif. (Well, OK, maybe not that kind of audio cue)

A combination of (admittedly healing) mental illness, poor social skills, a tendency for profound profanity, a warped and often offensive sense of humor and a proven track record of lasting no more than six months on any given forum (though I did manage to have Facebook for a couple of years before it all went south).

That said, this place has yet to show the early-warning signs I've learned to look out for, such as unreasonable or unexplained moderation of my posts, accusations of trollhood flung at me by trolls, and other such things that set off my Spidey-sense. Combine that with the ongoing efforts I've been making at self-moderation and general re-integration to society, and I might just last all the way to Alpha testing!

In that case, I don't like it.

The reassurances are still vague, but mainly at the level of "you still have to think for yourself". I like markers the way they were in TW2, on a crappy map, in the wrong place, don't indicate the height above sea-level, or are completely missing if the protagonist doesn't have a good reason for knowing where to go.

Yup, I like audio cues. Especially those where you know when there's going to be an ambush because the soundtrack changes to the "Danger!" motif. (Well, OK, maybe not that kind of audio cue)

I floated the idea in the HUD thread of having skill-triggered character statements as a means of danger-awareness...

That said, this place has yet to show the early-warning signs I've learned to look out for, such as unreasonable or unexplained moderation of my posts, accusations of trollhood flung at me by trolls

Goddamn troll. I fucksplurting hate them. MODERATOR! Have this man removed inmediatamente!

Alpha testing. There's a thought. I wonder how they'll pick the testers?

I would just like to volunteer all of us.

Except that one girl. Hoo-ee. Not her, please.

I think audio cues in First Person would be especially potent. Really heighten the sense of about-to-be-ambushed. 5.1 sound systems are pretty common, right?

Goddamn troll. I fucksplurting hate them. MODERATOR! Have this man removed inmediatamente!

I think audio cues in First Person would be especially potent. Really heighten the sense of about-to-be-ambushed. 5.1 sound systems are pretty common, right?

You know how you asked before:
It's at times like this I ask myself, "DO dragons poop?"
Well...

Nope. He's too well camouflaged, I can't tell him apart from the rest of you.

I'm pretty sure it isn't like that.

I'm pretty sure there's more than one.

Seriously, I do want audio cues. Not sure about making 5.1 mandatory though, so they may need an alternative. I've no idea how common 5.1 is - maybe you should set up a poll :p

He -is- well camouflaged.

I wonder if sane people pop in here, see nearly any one of our topics or posts and go, "hmm. No, no pretty obviously these people are completely loo-loo."

We need to get someone sane posting. FIND ME THAT PERSON.

I have made polls! GO NOW.

A tad of necrophilia right here :)

I loved the original Deus Ex, even Invisible War and was honestly pretty disappointed with Human Revolution and Mankind Divided. I did like most of the stuff but they went towards the every-action-is-a-press-this-button-right-here sort of thing. Like Thief, having shattered glass just in one place or a breakable wall just there. Like some logical game for toddlers.
So basically I'm looking forward how CPR will show them at Eidos how it's done.

As in I like the idea of First Person View. Game will most likely feature ample amount of shooting so even more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom