Jobs Support Register

Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay demo from E3

+

Cyteen357

User
Man, that would be great! All journalists who saw the demo are completely bats about it.

But two months to go... and I guess the game itself won't be released before 2020.

Sneky

CyberPsycho
Is there any chance that the gameplay demo presented at E3 this year will be released to the public as a video?
Maybe during Gamescom.. CDPR is probably still afraid about downgrade backlash. They should take time with this game, and show it when they will have full game created and implemented imho.

lol I highly doubt it.

They didn't even want the public SEEING it. And the reason is almost certainly to build up hyped for the game, but that has backfired massively because people in interviews said things they didn't think the community would be upset about and they were wrong.

Sketchboy

User
Fingers crossed for Gamescom, hopefully in whatever format it is they can show us all what everyone has been blown away by behind closed doors.

If anything showing the gameplay as presented in the demo might go along way to winning over any naysayers and people who are dissapointed with the FPP gameplay. I for one cannot wait to see what they have in store, regardless... i have absolute faith in CDPR and the skill and talent they have working behind the scenes to give us the best possible cyberpunk game.

GHOSTMD

Booster
Yes YES please :D let us see the awesomeness ^^ guys.
I am with you here ^^ (already wished for this in several other threads though)

No, BUT. Looking at Cyberpunks E3 presentation, there was a GK video below the E3 trailer here:

Screen-Shot-2018-06-15-at-11.53.17.jpg

There is speculation that the gk_WIP file is the gameplay video which hopefully will be shown at Gamescom Koelnmesse, and not the Geoff Keighley interview like everyone thought first. But this is all just speculation.

davihc

Poser
lol I highly doubt it.

They didn't even want the public SEEING it. And the reason is almost certainly to build up hyped for the game, but that has backfired massively because people in interviews said things they didn't think the community would be upset about and they were wrong.

What was said won't change anytime soon though, I assume they're keeping things to a minimum because they want to spread fresh information among all these gaming events (e3, Gamescom, whatever comes next), instead of keep showing the same thing over and over again until they have something new or release the game. I just hope they don't go silent until the release.

Aedan2

Tourist
i dont think it will be graphicly downgraded, at least not a lot, I mean look at other games, there are games out there that have amazing graphic now, and CP2077 is at least a year away, probably a year and a half or two years, and it will run on ps5, so I dont believe that downgrade will occur, maybe for ps4 and xbox one

dimonicus92

Tourist
I'm sure they are giving away gameplay at Gamescom. It seems they'll be joining major gaming events,like TGA in December etc

HellKnightX88

CyberPsycho
I recall reading an article discussing the demo that mentioned it had a few technical issues with dropping some frames/stuttering and some animations oddities. They probably don't want to show it in this state to the general public just yet especially seeing how the more... ehm... passionate fans react to these things.

Yuli-Ban

I don't mind waiting a bit longer to see anything. We've been waiting six years just to get to this point anyway, so what's a few more months?

minicrom

Booster
Apparently the press think it can't run on curents consoles... Not that I think they are all competent in hardware (most probably have no clues whatsoever) but I don't want them to risk it for my own sanity. I barely overcame my Witcher 3 release trauma ha ha.

Release them when you are sure it will run CDPR please^^ Beside as a PC gamer and after W3 release I know if see a downgrade that we won't get a PC version with uncut graphics content. It's not as the market works anymore.

ReeseNE

User
No, BUT. Looking at Cyberpunks E3 presentation, there was a GK video below the E3 trailer here:

View attachment 10971467

There is speculation that the gk_WIP file is the gameplay video which hopefully will be shown at Gamescom Koelnmesse, and not the Geoff Keighley interview like everyone thought first. But this is all just speculation.
Looks to be like an accurate guess there, WIP being 'work in progress' most likely so likely to be a more polished version or something completely different but based on the E3 feedback to how press reacted to different scenes. Can't wait!

Shaamaan

Poser
lol I highly doubt it.

CDPR building hype?!

Well, sure, some hype, perhaps. But at this point CDPR releasing ANYTHING will be amplified to over 9000 by everyone, so they really don't need to do much to generate "hype", if that is what they want. But I'd argue that they don't need and shouldn't want hype, as that's what leads to people moaning and whining about the smallest discrepancies from what said hyped-up people will envision in their minds.

I'm more inclined to believe the demo was for press only because they didn't want to show a pre-rendered cinematic, but don't actually have a demo they could release to the public. Plus there's the possibility of the visuals getting a downgrade if performance ends up being a problem, which would cause people to freak out as well.

delverion

User
CDPR building hype?!

Well, sure, some hype, perhaps. But at this point CDPR releasing ANYTHING will be amplified to over 9000 by everyone, so they really don't need to do much to generate "hype", if that is what they want. But I'd argue that they don't need and shouldn't want hype, as that's what leads to people moaning and whining about the smallest discrepancies from what said hyped-up people will envision in their minds.

I'm more inclined to believe the demo was for press only because they didn't want to show a pre-rendered cinematic, but don't actually have a demo they could release to the public. Plus there's the possibility of the visuals getting a downgrade if performance ends up being a problem, which would cause people to freak out as well.
Agreed.