Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bummed by the first person at first...
But the more they explain their vision of the game, the more I dig it.
This game is gonna be to Cyberpunk what Alien Isolation is for Alien.

"For example, a specific jacket might raise it by 5%, allowing you access to new places "... mandatory fashion choices? Me sad... :(
The choices are not mandatory; street cred works like a secondary form of XP and is accumulated via side missions; it is not solely determined by clothing

I have the motion sickness problem too, but this game is to awesome to past up I have learned to play for shorter periods, or stop at the first signs of it happening. Third person view would have been great, but a lot of games use the First person view which isn't easy for players who have to deal with motion sickness. Still the game features , and the size of the city, the interaction with the NPC is to awesome to pass up this game, can't wait to explore the mega buildings that are like a huge areas to explore with hundreds of rooms, and many quests in each mega building. A city you can explore most of the buildings is something players have always wanted in a RPG.

All faith in cdpr is dead. None of it matters. I won't buy it if it stays first person. Work harder.

At first it was a supposedly "leak" from the studio which could've been fake.
So it's confirmed (and most probably, due to orbital footage in the trailer, Moon level too and wall jumping aswell were actually true)

Truly disappointing that cdpr chose to alienate us by making a loved genre into a wack FPS game. Lost my respect.

So, bit of news - they aren't discussing any sort of "empathy" system or the potential impact of going too far with augmentations right now. Essentially, the CDPR employee seemed surprised that somebody finally asked that question, and went on to say its too early to talk about it since they're still balancing and such.

They did say it'll absolutely be in game for NPCs, they just aren't sure if it will be something players need to worry about or not.
I noticed that myself.
I have to wonder, will the amount and type of augmentations the game permits you to get be such that it's a non-isssue? I.E. no full body replacement available.

So, bit of news - they aren't discussing any sort of "empathy" system or the potential impact of going too far with augmentations right now. Essentially, the CDPR employee seemed surprised that somebody finally asked that question, and went on to say its too early to talk about it since they're still balancing and such.

They did say it'll absolutely be in game for NPCs, they just aren't sure if it will be something players need to worry about or not.

This is one of the things that worry me so far. I'd say a mechanism for going too far with augs and losing your humanity should definitely be there. Maybe not in form of stats or anything, but the way the story develops, dialogue choices, how certain people ract to you etc.

mhm.....don't know what to say now.
Well that trailer dont got me.

The First teaser trailer was miles ahead in my opinion.
This looks too much like GTA.

and pop up dmg numbers ? Really ? C'mon.... that's not borderlands
The trailer was an engine footage and was quite well made in my opinion. I am not saying it is the best trailer I've ever seen, but it's quite well made.

As of gameplay, I don't think that we can say that it looks or feels like GTA, because we haven't seen any gameplay yet. Besides, the genre is still a cyberpunk game from first person perspective - even if the product has some similarities in the end, GTA can't even be close to that.

Btw. nothing is wrong on pop up damage counts. I actually like that because I want to see how much damage I deal to my opponents so that's quite a good implementation in my opinion. Knowing CDPR I am pretty sure that they'll also give the option to disable or enable it.

Cyberpsychosis and its consequences was at the center of the teaser trailer, so I'd be really surprised if the PC couldn't go through several stages leading up to that. Stages during which you'll become less and less emotional/empathetic and more calculating/rational/cold, properly reflected in the amount and the type of dialogue choices you can choose from. Kind of like a way more sophisticated and intricate version of ELEX's system, for example.

Cyberpsychosis and its consequences was at the center of the teaser trailer, so I'd be really surprised if the PC couldn't go through several stages leading up to that. Stages during which you'll become less and less emotional/empathetic and more calculating/rational/cold, properly reflected in the amount and the type of dialogue choices you can choose from. Kind of like a way more sophisticated and intricate version of ELEX's system, for example.

If you think the announcement trailer from 2013 will tell you anything about the final game you are in for a bad time. it was announcement for their next game. not "this is what the game will be"

This is one of the things that worry me so far. I'd say a mechanism for going too far with augs and losing your humanity should definitely be there. Maybe not in form of stats or anything, but the way the story develops, dialogue choices, how certain people ract to you etc.

In the twitch interview it is confirmed that the problem it will be in the game, but not sure if it will affect the players.
I want it to be affecting the player, to have the 'oh, shit!!! Psycho squad is on my ass now'.

If they are afraid to not make it into a forced feature for new players to this setting, make it at least so you need to take medical treatment at regular time intervals, and check with a doc from time to time.

I was wondering why we see only the Trauma Team in the trailer but not get a glimpse of a Max-Tac.

If you think the announcement trailer from 2013 will tell you anything about the final game you are in for a bad time. it was announcement for their next game. not "this is what the game will be"
Well, I'd be REALLY surprised then, if even something as integral as Cyberpsychosis should not be a thing in Cyberpunk 2077.
I can handle bad surprises, don't you worry.

I was wondering why we see only the Trauma Team in the trailer but not get a glimpse of a Max-Tac.

I think the reason behind it is the fact that:

1) Trauma Team has a presence in behind the scenes demo.

2) They wanted to focus on other aspects of the world then what they shown in the original teaser. They already covered Cyberpsychosis and Psycho Squad with that, so they didn't feel the need to repeat themselves.

Man, that would be great! All journalists who saw the demo are completely bats about it.

But two months to go... and I guess the game itself won't be released before 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom