Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, BUT. Looking at Cyberpunks E3 presentation, there was a GK video below the E3 trailer here:

Screen-Shot-2018-06-15-at-11.53.17.jpg

There is speculation that the gk_WIP file is the gameplay video which hopefully will be shown at Gamescom Koelnmesse, and not the Geoff Keighley interview like everyone thought first. But this is all just speculation.

Or am I seeing things. I cliked on link, then cliked on see deal and took me to another window, amazon . showed price for xbox one and pre-order. And something about Dec. 28, 2018. Am I seeing things?

I see the same thing!
We can hope that Amazon have let the release date slip...although it would be a very weird date to release. It is after Xmas so thus misses out on all that frenzied spending, which means people will have empty wallets.
Likely that someone at Amazon has just made up a date...but we can dream.

For me I think it has to release in 2019. If anyone remembers in some financial report/general meeting thing they stated that they would release TWO AAA games by 2021. I know their studios are growing in size but I feel if they released CP2077 in 2020 they may struggle to get another one out by 2021 (At least the size of W3 or CP2077).

EDIT:
It was the Management Board Report for 2017.
"2017-2021 timeframe... release of Cyberpunk 2077. Release of another triple-A story-driven RPG"
Although this is a goal they're aiming for so we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
lol I highly doubt it.

They didn't even want the public SEEING it. And the reason is almost certainly to build up hyped for the game, but that has backfired massively because people in interviews said things they didn't think the community would be upset about and they were wrong.

What was said won't change anytime soon though, I assume they're keeping things to a minimum because they want to spread fresh information among all these gaming events (e3, Gamescom, whatever comes next), instead of keep showing the same thing over and over again until they have something new or release the game. I just hope they don't go silent until the release.

i dont think it will be graphicly downgraded, at least not a lot, I mean look at other games, there are games out there that have amazing graphic now, and CP2077 is at least a year away, probably a year and a half or two years, and it will run on ps5, so I dont believe that downgrade will occur, maybe for ps4 and xbox one

> Ah, oh wait...
> That is the guy that said it is a blend of Cobowbebop and Blade runner and Ghost in the Shell from that tweet is going on about the internet. [God I love that movie.]
> When I saw that tweet from CDPR, I was like, wow at that level. @gregski. I don't know those guys are but will be listening.

> Ah, oh wait...
> That is the guy that said it is a blend of Cobowbebop and Blade runner and Ghost in the Shell from that tweet is going on about the internet. [God I love that movie.]
> When I saw that tweet from CDPR, I was like, wow at that level. @gregski. I don't know those guys are but will be listening.

Yes, it's that guy from the tweet. Some good observations in there, it's worth listening to.

I'm sure they are giving away gameplay at Gamescom. It seems they'll be joining major gaming events,like TGA in December etc

I recall reading an article discussing the demo that mentioned it had a few technical issues with dropping some frames/stuttering and some animations oddities. They probably don't want to show it in this state to the general public just yet especially seeing how the more... ehm... passionate fans react to these things.

A shit spelling of the name Deckard. Harrison Ford's character in Blade Runner and its protagonist. The guy who did the article is not a Blade Runner fan I guess.

It's a legitimate surname in real life. Same as Deckard. Both are very similar in pronunciation, too.

Doesn't excuse getting them wrong given how easy it is to google, but it does explain how someone can initially make that mistake.

"She also has a bum, which the cinematic really, really likes to focus on." From the RockPaperShotgun article, referring to V.
Oh come on CDProjektRed, I don't want to leer at my own character's backside, I want to see their ugly face dammit! If male V doesn't also get the cinematic, camera, arse caress then I'm gonna be miffed. Okay, motion sickness aside, I'm now less disappointed about the game being in first person.

RPS is unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom