Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the press think it can't run on curents consoles... Not that I think they are all competent in hardware (most probably have no clues whatsoever) but I don't want them to risk it for my own sanity. I barely overcame my Witcher 3 release trauma ha ha.

Release them when you are sure it will run CDPR please^^ Beside as a PC gamer and after W3 release I know if see a downgrade that we won't get a PC version with uncut graphics content. It's not as the market works anymore.

No, BUT. Looking at Cyberpunks E3 presentation, there was a GK video below the E3 trailer here:

View attachment 10971467

There is speculation that the gk_WIP file is the gameplay video which hopefully will be shown at Gamescom Koelnmesse, and not the Geoff Keighley interview like everyone thought first. But this is all just speculation.

Looks to be like an accurate guess there, WIP being 'work in progress' most likely so likely to be a more polished version or something completely different but based on the E3 feedback to how press reacted to different scenes. Can't wait!

lol I highly doubt it.

They didn't even want the public SEEING it. And the reason is almost certainly to build up hyped for the game, but that has backfired massively because people in interviews said things they didn't think the community would be upset about and they were wrong.

CDPR building hype?!

Well, sure, some hype, perhaps. But at this point CDPR releasing ANYTHING will be amplified to over 9000 by everyone, so they really don't need to do much to generate "hype", if that is what they want. But I'd argue that they don't need and shouldn't want hype, as that's what leads to people moaning and whining about the smallest discrepancies from what said hyped-up people will envision in their minds.

I'm more inclined to believe the demo was for press only because they didn't want to show a pre-rendered cinematic, but don't actually have a demo they could release to the public. Plus there's the possibility of the visuals getting a downgrade if performance ends up being a problem, which would cause people to freak out as well.

CDPR building hype?!

Well, sure, some hype, perhaps. But at this point CDPR releasing ANYTHING will be amplified to over 9000 by everyone, so they really don't need to do much to generate "hype", if that is what they want. But I'd argue that they don't need and shouldn't want hype, as that's what leads to people moaning and whining about the smallest discrepancies from what said hyped-up people will envision in their minds.

I'm more inclined to believe the demo was for press only because they didn't want to show a pre-rendered cinematic, but don't actually have a demo they could release to the public. Plus there's the possibility of the visuals getting a downgrade if performance ends up being a problem, which would cause people to freak out as well.
Agreed.

Based on what's said about it, I'm not sure if I want to see the E3 demo.

It's really frustrating... Most of what's said about the game sounds really good. I even saw a quote on another site saying that while you can travel around the city with the metro (or some such), you can also interact with the fellow passengers. I've suggested that interaction for years... Now obviously it's not on my account, but very good news in that regard nonetheless.

But the thing that bothers me to no end is the purported FPS combat and the lack of explanation on the character systems and their impact to the game. How the character systems work through gameplay is my chief concern and hope for the whole game as they are the all encompassing guidelines that dictate how the package as a whole feels. For example, Dying Light 2 promises lots of reactivity, which is really good, but I can't get interested - like at all - in parkour zombie bashing for the main draw and activity of the game.

Damn. I was at E3 this past week and every day I would go up to the cyberpunk room and ask if the viewing was invite only and sure enough, every time it was a yes. There was no way general public was getting in there. I asked every cyberpunk dev I saw walking around if I could get a glimpse but they kept strict to the invitees only. It’s been 5 years of teaser u kno? I’m just so hyped.. after this game possibly never coming out back then, it’s finally come to reality. I am so excited to see what CDPROJEKT brings us with this cyberpunk masterpiece

I think players were disappointed hearing it was FPP because they are making their judgement about FPP from what other FPP games have done with that mode of gameplay. CD Projekt Red sounds like they have taken the FPP mode of game play to another level of immersion, and development so it will be interesting to see the demo, and how that camera view plays out in gameplay. I do get motion sickness from FPS, and FPP games, but I still play Dying Light, Mirrors Edge, Far Cry games, Bio Shock games they are all good games. If developers put slider bars in to adjust the camera sensitivity settings, it helps greatly in limiting the motion sickness players can get in FPP. Showing the demo, or releasing a demo of the game ahead of game launch will help players who get motion sickness from playing FSP, or FPP games a chance to see how the gameplay effects them. The game sounds incredible from those who saw the demo at E3, they said it was game changing for RPGs and FPP games, can't wait to play it.

But the thing that bothers me to no end is the purported FPS combat and the lack of explanation on the character systems and their impact to the game. How the character systems work through gameplay is my chief concern and hope for the whole game as they are the all encompassing guidelines that dictate how the package as a whole feels. For example, Dying Light 2 promises lots of reactivity, which is really good, but I can't get interested - like at all - in parkour zombie bashing for the main draw and activity of the game.
I don't think it'll be the main draw, but I'm afraid it'll be a major activity.
Admittedly it would be hard as hell to incorporate many of the skills from CP2020 into a video game, so trimming the fat was to be expected.
But at this point it seems it's been trimmed to:
1) Character stats (6) which can be raised more easily then then they could in CP2020
2) A "skill tree" with a single branch for each major role (Solo, Techie, Hacker)
3) Cyberware that gives you "special abilities" mostly centered around combat (seeing opponents thru walls and their "level")
4) Several varieties of firearms each with a unique mechanic
5) Clothing/Armor that boosts stats and/or "reputation" (Street Cred) in addition to providing armor
6) Speed healing (inhalers)

I don't think I need to say what this sounds suspiciously like.

YES, there will be CDPR style quests, story, and interactions in addition to the standard FPS fare and they'll be an important part of the game. But a good part of what makes CP2020 what it is it's consequences. OK, there are consequences for how you deal with people during quests, but combat? I don't see any, blaze away with every expectation you'll complete the game with a kill count that would make a "Doom" player envious.

The girl that plenty of people mention here is not really impressed with the game.

Well she said before that after 10 minutes of looking at it she had motion sickness or something so im not suprised. This is what u get when you are for years so passionate and over-hyped about single game and universe making tons of videos, lore and creating own game in head that it will never meet u expectation.

TLDR: Basically combat is not brutal and savage enough for her.

Last edited:

I don't think I need to say what this sounds suspiciously like.

It sounds pretty depressing, is what it sounds.
I already have medication for that that's wobbly to say the least.

I have no doubts, as I've been saying for years, that the writing and narrative direction will be top notch. But christ, I want to also have fun playing through those exemplary moments, not endure it. I don't give a damn about perspectives, I just want interesting gameplay that I can have good honest to god RPG fun with which ever way I go within the game. And so far it's both unclear and disheartening, how it seems to work (just seems, since the whole picture hasn't been opened up yet - and it's frustrating).

The girl that plenty of people mention here is not really impressed with the game.
Looking forward to her detailed observations when she gets back to Spain.

I know I've harped on it a lot, but I really want more details on the character skills/perks.

> She seems bummed out by the fact of her knowing what she knew beforehand.
> Subconsciously or perhaps even consciously she made her decision already, if she properly prepare her self for the game, she might even enjoy what she thinks she might not if she do it properly, by her having that issue. [as to many others]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom