Cyberpunk 2077: Gangs of Night City board game on Kickstarter

+
So, uhm, I can't believe that the KS has been up for a couple of days and no one has posted this.

1-4 player (5 if you buy the badlands expansion) competitive boardgame. Tons of KS exclusives, and it looks like a buttload (not sure if that is a metric buttload or an imperial buttload) of plastic minis.

The minis alone are worthwhile if you have a use for them (e.g. for pen-and-paper RPG).

But shouldn't there also be a card game at some point? Would almost like better, after the Android: Netrunner TCG was unfortunately discontinued.

The minis alone are worthwhile if you have a use for them (e.g. for pen-and-paper RPG).

But shouldn't there also be a card game at some point? Would almost like better, after the Android: Netrunner TCG was unfortunately discontinued.
Agreed on both counts.

For the first, there are a variety of Cyberpunk tabletop miniatures games for which these would be suitable. Honestly, I wish they had some sort of STL bonus tier because I print most of my tabletop minis these days - being able to print more of their sculpts for other games would make me very happy. That said, I understand why they do not.

As for a card game, yes - though I'd prefer a fixed deck game like Epic or Sentinels of the Multiverse, rather than a CCG. Opening those little bags of card crack is a young man's game.

And the minis strike again!
Don't get me wrong, I have roughly 150 board games at home and so many of them have minis I just can't look at another one. :D
I came to appreciate cardboard standers lately.

And the minis strike again!
Don't get me wrong, I have roughly 150 board games at home and so many of them have minis I just can't look at another one. :D
I came to appreciate cardboard standers lately.
I have about that many board games, many of them being miniature heavy ones (Aliens: AGDITC, Of Mice and Mystics, etc.) and my lead mountain from miniatures games is even larger (I have sealed 40k stuff from the 90's just sitting on shelves). And then I go and make my own games and rules and remix "official" miniatures for those from thingiverse and 3D print them, plus I have 800+GB of models for miniature wargames (terrain, etc).. and I only have about 2 hours per week to paint. So, my lead mountain just grows.....

I have about that many board games, many of them being miniature heavy ones (Aliens: AGDITC, Of Mice and Mystics, etc.) and my lead mountain from miniatures games is even larger (I have sealed 40k stuff from the 90's just sitting on shelves). And then I go and make my own games and rules and remix "official" miniatures for those from thingiverse and 3D print them, plus I have 800+GB of models for miniature wargames (terrain, etc).. and I only have about 2 hours per week to paint. So, my lead mountain just grows.....
Bit of an off topic, but if you don't have the expansion pack for Aliens: AGDITC, I would definitely recommend it, it elevates the game to a whole new level.

So, uhm, I can't believe that the KS has been up for a couple of days and no one has posted this.

1-4 player (5 if you buy the badlands expansion) competitive boardgame. Tons of KS exclusives, and it looks like a buttload (not sure if that is a metric buttload or an imperial buttload) of plastic minis.
I didn't know about it and found it just in time cuz of the thread. Really lookin forward to all of the minis! Especially Delamain!

Top Bottom