Cyberpunk 2077 Gwent.

+
As you are no doubt aware Cyberpunk 2077 is based off Cyberpunk 2020. Many may not be aware that there is also are really good card game in the vein of Gwent and MTG called Android Netrunner, also originally based off the Cyberpunk 2020 universe.

I am hoping CDproject can get the rights to this as it could be Cyberpunk 2077's version of Gwent. Not really sure if they are aware of it or not though I image they are?

I believe fantasy flight games will no longer be publishing the game as of the end of 2018 so it could be a possibility.

Highly recommend you guys check it out.

At the moment the goal can only be to get Gwent on the right track. Besides, there is no release date for CP2077 yet (it's probably still a long way to go) and we have no idea if a card game like that would really fit to this version of CP.

Also keep in kind that releasing a different card game can create competition for Gwent. Splitting your audience like that is probably not something you want here.

Rather just add a Cyberpunk theme, or some limited time (?) Cyberpunk cards to Gwent, for promotional purposes.

I don't think you have idea how much work it is to make a card game. Its not just spawning few art pieses ( whitch is plenty of time consuming ). You need a lot of experienced people in order to develop a game smoothly. And this is not something projec red had done in the past. Its much easyer to make something when you have done something like it in the past.
We have yet to have a official launch of GWENT and a official launch of CP2077. in any case it wil ltake quite some time. But in order to have another game like gwent the other project must be 110% successfull. And why would anyone take time and resourses to create another free to play game. That is a lot of work for a thank you. If people do not realize the value of the years of hard work put into games like that. And if the support is low its not going to happen.

Top Bottom