Cyberpunk 2077 in 2020, and my thoughts.

+
Merry Christmas, everyone. Stay safe and happy gaming.

My name is Angel, I'm a hospital pediatric oncology pharmacist by trade practising in Canada, and a digital artist mostly painting portraits of my client's cats and dogs on the Internet. And I play video games with fascinating stories as a way out of this cold country and lonely society. Things getting worse and worse at year 2020 becuase of the pandemic and the poor handling of the situation by the local government. I've seen friends staying at home for 8 month straight with fear of getting COVID, I've seen my oncology kids COVID positive three times within 3 months and his parents still refuse wearing a mask inside the hospital, I've heard my neighbours quarrelling for the tiniest little shit due to stress of getting laid off from work, I've seen this once beautiful and prosper city going downhill yet hope is still nowhere to be found.

I was just like lots of you guys here.

Thought cyberpunk 2077 and night city will be this fantastic living breathing world that I can immerse myself in to it completely and forget all the crap that is going on in the real world right now.

But, no. Guys....... no.

We forgot that CD Project Red's first quote on quote open world RPG is the Witcher 3, CP 2077 is merely the second one they're attempting to create, and it tooks Rockstar 5 games and more than 10 years to finally made a somewhat believable city of Los Santos. With all the loves and respects I have for Witcher 3, my favorite RPG of all time, sorry CD Project Red, the level of liveness and responsiveness in Night City is no where near Los Santos, the level of immersive and player engagement is nowhere near Metro Exodus. I know, I shouldn't use any game to compare with CP 2077, I shouldn't have the mental preset that how CP 2077 suppse to be like, but man. There were so many good features that will make Night City so much alive and believable from so many previous offical videos, there were so many awesome mechanics and ideas that will make the gameplay so much immersive and engaging, why they are not in the game now? NPCs full day & night behavior cycles, the Metro light rail trains, the third person perspective little cut scenes here and there, the actual hacking and counter hacking, the actual well organized and well trained crime oragnizations, you name it...... where are they?

I'm not a game developer, and honestly I don't even know if the devs will ever listens to players' thoughts like mines, but I'm still gonna present it here for the love I have for this game.

Lots of you were complaining about the police system. I have some thoughts about it too.

photomode_23122020_193448.jpg

Dredd-and-Blonde-Judge-Looking-at-city.jpg

Night City has very similar vibe as Mega City 1 in Dredd the movie (2012), an easy fix for NCPD will be design it like Dredd, same currapted police system, same futuristic dystopia, same organized crime and clans, gangs. I'm actually mad that CDPR didn't copy paste the idea from Dredd into Night City, like, come on, I know it's your first time making a open world game with morden police system, I know you're frustrated at how to make the co-exist of NCPD and all those gangs make sense, very simple, look at that moive Dredd, that's how you do it! And V lives in mega building 10, which is pretty much a copy of mega residential building peach tree from the movie Dredd, you're on the right track, just keep going. And you can make so many side stories with it, and it will be so much easier to make them too, since Judges usually work alone or in very few numbers versus large number of crimes happens in Night City, thus making V a helper of Judges is just seems making so much sense, or the player V could choose to help the gangs for a better reward, hints the hero and villain system that missing from this game (or reputation system).

And that's just one example from so many.

Others like being able to get a part-time job in Tom's restaurants as a chef to play mini games like mixing ingredients into Pizza or burger then serve to customers, yeah, little things like that, mini games like that, will make Night City so much alive, and replayability of the game will be so much better.

Because you know what? CD Project Red.

In year 2020, the Pandemic, the Trump administration, the whole world is a mess, that makes lots of players living in a very depressed environment, and you guys poured so much money into advertising this game, all those trailers, all those interview with devs, all those promised features, made cyberpunk 2077 looks like a world will fulfill players' dreams of immerse themselves into the game and don't have to worry about the shitty real world crap that they have to deal with! But the actual product, doesn't deliver that, made all those players' dreams poofed like Johnny's smoke. That's why the disappointment and anger are so big so harsh. If CP2077 comes out at any other years, it wouldn't be this bad. But sorry, CDPR, it's 2020, with a pandemic, Cyberpunk 2077 suffered overwhilming unessesary treatment from players, media, investors, that's true. Fans of witcher and all other games from CDPR loves Cyberpunk 2077, that's also true. So now, CDPR, it's your time to help players walk out of the depression of 2020, by make Cyberpunk 2077 the game it supposed to be.

And to all my fellow players, it's just a game, you can't living in it forever no matter how immersive the game is, we all got real shit to deal with outside the screen.

Once again.

Merry Christmas and happy gaming.

屏幕截图 2020-12-25 121813.png

As I think, CP has a good foundation, with mediocre direction and (mechanical) design. Again, the interaction at the center, immersion. The direction of the game, disappoint. Made, absolutely - I am convinced - by those who hate games and have no idea what they do.

[The developers, those who are not the 'bureaucrats', these do deserve applause, they were the geniuses who saved the foundations of CP (I speak of modelers, illustrators, animators, sound engineers, etc.).]
Post automatically merged:

Just a tip:

"And to all my fellow players, it's just a game, you can't living in it forever no matter how immersive the game is, we all got real shit to deal with outside the screen."

They could - yes - live the 'eternally', as long as the 'eternally' was the time which - secondly - would like to be immersed and, first, I highlight: they could be immersed. A simple design decision (very simple indeed) would suffice. But the idea is 'commercial fast food', nothing more or less than that.

Who wants to live forever? :) (Queen, love u)

Last edited:
As I think, CP has a good foundation, with mediocre direction and (mechanical) design. Again, the interaction at the center, immersion. The direction of the game, disappoint. Made, absolutely - I am convinced - by those who hate games and have no idea what they do.

[The developers, those who are not the 'bureaucrats', these do deserve applause, they were the geniuses who saved the foundations of CP (I speak of modelers, illustrators, animators, sound engineers, etc.).]

Just a tip:

"And to all my fellow players, it's just a game, you can't living in it forever no matter how immersive the game is, we all got real shit to deal with outside the screen."

They could - yes - live the 'eternally', as long as the 'eternally' was the time which - secondly - would like to be immersed and, first, I highlight: they could be immersed. A simple design decision (very simple indeed) would suffice. But the idea is 'commercial fast food', nothing more or less than that.

Who wants to live forever? :) (Queen, love u)

I see you in pretty much all threads, like, for a couple weeks too, after the game released.

I like your avatar picture.

Thanks.

I have almost 200 hours in game in CP and I find little time. But what measures time? I think differently about games, they can serve or be something 'constructive'. Dear Esther - a first person game. Awarded worldwide. It had just a stunning narrative and scenario, easily done with what we have today in terms of technology. Life Is Strange, another, relatively simple. Linear history and like these, many others, in particular I call attention to Korean, Japanese and Chinese games or their 'novels' (anime / manga). It is not artificial time that should dictate rules, for that, we have our real time. It was supposed to work in reverse, to dare to the point of saying to the fictional time: this time is mine, I determine it as I want.

We're talking about fantasy. Life is born, lives and dies, fantasy is one of its common, collective products. This should be eternal for those who proclaim to the four winds: 'we are a different company'. They proved, with CP, that they were just like the rest ... just as bad as the rest and because they want to be. I insist, the game has foundations, but who wants to dare?

I will quote two animes that deal with the 'virtual / real' issue

One, in a destructive way, the other, in an absurdly constructive way: the first is Sword of online - which I think deals with the virtual world in a destructive way. Another, Itai no wa Iya nano by Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu (I hate being in pain, so I think I'll make a full defense build) that looks at the virtual world as a complement. In time, that last 'anime' is adorable, I watch it, over and over, whenever I can. When I speak of destructive, I speak of the character relationship with the virtual world in 'Sword of Online'. If the first addresses the relations from the game (in vogue) the second, the relations exist outside the virtual world, only intensified with the virtual.

For me games work like that. I have a real loathing for 'shooting' games, I find them empty, with no purpose ... real advertising pieces or free hate propaganda. GTA is one of those types of games. CS, etc ... I think another way is possible.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I have almost 200 hours in game in CP and I find little time. But what measures time? I think differently about games, they can serve or be something 'constructive'. Dear Esther - a first person game. Awarded worldwide. It had just a stunning narrative and scenario, easily done with what we have today in terms of technology. Life Is Strange, another, relatively simple. Linear history and like these, many others, in particular I call attention to Korean, Japanese and Chinese games or their 'novels' (anime / manga). It is not artificial time that should dictate rules, for that, we have our real time. It was supposed to work in reverse, to dare to the point of saying to the fictional time: this time is mine, I determine it as I want.

We're talking about fantasy. Life is born, lives and dies, fantasy is one of its common, collective products. This should be eternal for those who proclaim to the four winds: 'we are a different company'. They proved, with CP, that they were just like the rest ... just as bad as the rest and because they want to be. I insist, the game has foundations, but who wants to dare?

I will quote two animes that deal with the 'virtual / real' issue

One, in a destructive way, the other, in an absurdly constructive way: the first is Sword of online - which I think deals with the virtual world in a destructive way. Another, Itai no wa Iya nano by Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu (I hate being in pain, so I think I'll make a full defense build) that looks at the virtual world as a complement. In time, that last 'anime' is adorable, I watch it, over and over, whenever I can. When I speak of destructive, I speak of the character relationship with the virtual world in 'Sword of Online'. If the first addresses the relations from the game (in vogue) the second, the relations exist outside the virtual world, only intensified with the virtual.

For me games work like that. I have a real loathing for 'shooting' games, I find them empty, with no purpose ... real advertising pieces or free hate propaganda. GTA is one of those types of games. CS, etc ... I think another way is possible.

I like both of the anime, yeah !!

I recommend one for you, Netoge no Yome wa Onna no Ko ja nai to Omotta ( And You Thought There Is Never a Girl Online? )

this one is awesome too, you should watch it!

Top Bottom