Cyberpunk 2077 installation size!

+
I came across that url...,

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077s-install-size-is-80-gb-on-ps4/1100-6468096/

It states that he installation size of the game would be 80+ GB on PS4, and i guess that applies to the XBOX One and PC as well.

Now i have a very limited internet speed of 640KB/sec download speed.

I have not the luxury of downloading a huge amount of data per month either.

And if something goes wrong and i will be forced to re install the whole game, that means i must download all the additional installation files too.

Let alone the patches and additional DLC's.

So, my question...

Would it be possible to include 2 (50GB) BD Rom discs in the package.

II would not mind to pay more for the game!

Otherwise i must pass on this one. Oh well...

Thanks for reading my post.

Regards
MaRK from Greece.

They went with the decision of no discs for pc.
Lowers production costs, thered be too many dvds and not enough of the market have bluray drives.

How do you rip your blurays, people!? Watching compressed, streaming buffoonery for the loss.

In this day and age a large internet data limit for gaming (installs) is a must. Also, Windows store is absolutely effed with no backup/restore function. Never again.

Last edited:
I'd imagine the PC version be even larger.

As for your question... is it possible to include the game on 2 BD's? Yeah, I'd imagine it would be. Are they going to do that? Nope... at least not for the PC. I'm not familiar with the PS/XBox ecosystem, however.

Option 2: updated your internet for the day, download the game, enjoy the awesomeness

Well, i will most probably not get this one, but thanks for the replies anyway. :D

AAA games are huge these days and no one does discs any more so you're living on borrowed time.

Like Grummond suggested, up your data plan temporarily. Not sure with Greece but id be surprised if they didnt have flexible data allocation for the month (i.e. if youre on ADSL up it to unlimited, then next month drop it back. Usually around $10-$20 more). Check with your ISP.

It's the same for me, and there's no magical dataplan thing where i live (trade off, good air or good internet ?).

A bluray drive for pc can be had for about $10 at OEM shops over here... i would love for PC games to come on disc.
The game comes on 2 bluray discs on consoles from what i've read.

Guest 4211861

You can come over here to Romania to download it, I have 28MB/s+ download speed at home.

Take a weekend here, if you don't mind the complete lack of gyros and souvlaki.

I am 90% sure that size is not final, and is just what the ps store pulls up from its hat. Its big, because its a guess and its on the safe side. I would be happy if it indeed was that big though. Lots of content :) I don't think Ive seen installation sizes that big yet on pretty much any game I have...

I am 90% sure that size is not final, and is just what the ps store pulls up from its hat. Its big, because its a guess and its on the safe side. I would be happy if it indeed was that big though. Lots of content :) I don't think Ive seen installation sizes that big yet on pretty much any game I have...

I agree with you, you can't find many examples. But, for exemple :
Call of duty black ops 3 : 100 GB.
GTA V is big too. 80gb it's already seen for a game, yes. But don't forget CBP 2077 will have Add-on.

They cpuld give (at least for PC users) the option to download the game without the high and extreme end graphical features, bells and whistles (and allow downloading them freely as a patch later on if one wants).

I don’t know how much smaller that would make the game, but I’d guess 4K features, ray tracing and the like being left out would do something to the file size. And it would allow people without top of the line machines or 100+ mb connections a bit leeway on waiting the downloads to complete.

They cpuld give (at least for PC users) the option to download the game without the high and extreme end graphical features, bells and whistles (and allow downloading them freely as a patch later on if one wants).

I don’t know how much smaller that would make the game, but I’d guess 4K features, ray tracing and the like being left out would do something to the file size. And it would allow people without top of the line machines or 100+ mb connections a bit leeway on waiting the downloads to complete.

I do hope that's the plan. Although, I'm not sure that ray-tracing is that "size" intensive. It seems to be a hardware processing technique for handling lighting data (similar to how PhysX chips work). A lot of data for stuff like that can be stored in a file of 50-100 megabytes.

Most of the huge installations for games nowadays come from the sheer number of high quality sound / music files and uncompressed textures. I do hope that we have the option of skipping the download for things like High-Res texture packs. On my 1080p display, the difference is so subtle that it's barely noticeable in most cases, and serves to do little other than slow down performance. But those files still take up an additional 5-10 gig on my drive, even if I don't want to use them. I hope that stuff will be modular, like it's handled for many games through Steam.

lol, don't tell my about.
It's the same for me, and there's no magical dataplan thing where i live (trade off, good air or good internet ?).

A bluray drive for pc can be had for about $10 at OEM shops over here... i would love for PC games to come on disc.
The game comes on 2 bluray discs on consoles from what i've read.

>The game comes on 2 bluray discs on consoles from what i've read.

Wow, really?

These are good news. You just made my day.

Hopefully CDPR can confirm that.

Thanks for your reply. :D

You can come over here to Romania to download it, I have 28MB/s+ download speed at home.

>Take a weekend here, if you don't mind the complete lack of gyros and souvlaki.

I don't think that would be possible, but thanks for the invitation. :D
Post automatically merged:

Yeah at 80 gigs it probably has to be 2 blue rays, just like RDR2.

Great!

Thanks CDPR! :cool:

lol, don't tell my about.

>The game comes on 2 bluray discs on consoles from what i've read.

Wow, really?

These are good news. You just made my day.

Hopefully CDPR can confirm that.

Thanks for your reply. :D

https://www.cyberpunk.net/us/en/pre-order
If you open the "see what's inside" link it says
"CASE WITH GAME DISCS"

It could be a typo... but yeah, i think it follows RDR2 and FFVII remake, and other2BRs releases that fly over my head.

Excellent!

I hope until the game comes out, we will know for sure about that matter.

Thanks again and have a nice day. :)
Do you have an Xbox One or PC? If it's PC, there are no discs, it's a GoG code only. If it's on Xbox One, then you will get discs, so no worries. Same with PS4.

Do you have an Xbox One or PC? If it's PC, there are no discs, it's a GoG code only. If it's on Xbox One, then you will get discs, so no worries. Same with PS4.

Yeah I'm on PS4 Pro.

Damn, i even had in mind to save up for the PS5 if it comes out, only for that game. :p

Yeah I'm on PS4 Pro.

Damn, i even had in mind to save up for the PS5 if it comes out, only for that game. :p
Oh, then no worries! You'll be just fine.

The only concern might be a day one patch of some sort -- I don't play on consoles so I'm not sure if those are included on game discs. Assuming not. Hopefully it'll be small for your sake, though.

Best of luck, hope you get to enjoy the game along with the rest of us. :)

Top Bottom