Cyberpunk 2077 Interactive Map Update: Community Feedback

+
For the past couple of weeks, I have been continuing to work on the Cyberpunk 2077 Interactive Map and there have been quite a few changes in this version which should hopefully help the community.

While the previous version of the map was essentially functional, aesthetically it was not brilliant. When you zoomed in the landscape, road, buildings etc would end up blurring. This is due to the fact I was using an image which was not ideal. To improve things I have converted the whole map to an SVG which means now when you zoom everything should remain crisp. It also means I can move things around on the map individually should there be changes needed later on.

This was a mammoth undertaking but well worth the effort. The good news is, the map should also load faster now. It's worth noting that the map will continually evolve over time with visual additions/changes.

Key and other Tweaks

The next thing that I wanted to add was a map key which was suggested in comments. As more types of locations/NPCs etc come to light when the game is released, they will have their own icons and it could get busy. The key will help to identify what each is if needed, You can view that by clicking the little key icon at the bottom.

For fun, I also added a slide-up view of Night City which you can see by clicking the magnifying glass icon at the bottom.

More information has also been added to the database for locations and NPCs. I have also added videos into some object descriptions if there was one that was relevant. More of these can be added later to help players visualise locations in-game when trying to find them. Great for easter eggs and secret locations.

Coordinates

The most important thing that has been added to the map today is the coordinates. While there were coordinates available if you clicked and icon or object, you had to go into that to see them and the object would already have to be in the DB. From today, wherever you move the mouse, the pointer will give you a set of coordinates on the tooltip.

When the game does come out, more objects, characters, and locations will be added to the DB and now you can use the coordinate system to share their locations with other players. It will also be useful for telling me where you have found any object in Night City. You can use the comments system to do that to make life easier.

To summarise, this is what's new...

Cyberpunk 2077 Interactive Map v1.1 Update Notes
  • Added Map Key to identify object/location types
  • Added City overview image
  • Map recreated from scratch and converted to avoid blurring on zoom and sharper objects.
  • Map load time speed increased
  • Addition of visible coordinate tooltip system.
  • More Locations/NPCs added
  • Videos added to some descriptions.
That's it for now in this update but as always I am open to further suggestions and ideas for the map. With the game release a couple of months away, I would like to get as much done as possible in advance. When the game is finally released in November, I will want to be spending time filling the map up with data so the more solid the system is at launch the better.

With that in mind, if anyone wants to help with the project please do let me know and drop me a message. The more information we can add, the more complete the map will become for everyone to use and enjoy. Hopefully, there will be plenty of cool stuff to discover and share with the community so others can read more about different aspects of the game whether that's NPC/Location lore or other relevant info worth pointing out to fans.

Right! Head to the Cyberpunk 2077 Interactive Map and check out the updates.

Last edited:
Looks great , thank you for this good work !
Will it be maintained by you alone or anyone will be able to add new entries?

Very Cool, I wonder if there will be something like this in-game, other then the Mini map.

Question, I noticed that in the last Night City review they did not have Orbital Air Space station (in the bay) in the map. Are you going to leave it on yours just as a place holder?

I assume once CP2077 is released you'll include specific buildings (i.e. Afterlife, Arasaka HQ, ect.), "correct" the streets to match what's in CP2077, add street names, etc. ?

Cheers for the work. These type of fan made sites are great for equipment planning and finding hard to get items like +10 elf boots of falling.

A quick update and will answer some questions from you guys above.

With regards to future updates. Right now it's just me doing it all including recreating the map and adding all DB objects. There will be a stack of stuff to add considering how many NPCs there are and every single street has a street name :)

I intend to be right on it though and put some new stuff in place to help with that which will also help the community point stuff out thanks to the new coordinates system I added and anything can be shared in the slide out comments. I am also looking at adding a quick submissions form for folk who may want to help. The new update just went live a couple of days ago and the map has been recreated to match the map from Night City Wire Episode 3 which as far as we know is the final map. Below are my notes on the new changes to the map.

-------------------------------------------------------------

V2.0 Update Notes

Last week I started working on all the suggestions and implementing bug fixes. Then, during Night City Wire we finally got a better look at the final in-game map which meant finishing up the fixes and cracking on with v2.0 of the interactive map. Below I have detailed what’s changed on the new map and below that all the fixes.

NEW MAP LAYOUT
  • Updated road/ building layout to reflect in-game changes.
  • Changed map to reflect game styling.
  • Orbital Station left on map but opacity reduced as it’s now not connected to the city. I am leaving it there because we do see it in the videos but it appears it is now not connected. Plus, it may appear as DLC at some point so it’s worth leaving.
I want to point out that until the game is released and we get more than a glimpse of the map with closer zoom, it’s incredibly hard to get all the road junctions/layout. This is especially tricky where roads pass through buildings.

I have thought hard about this, and there are two ways to show roads passing through buildings. One way would be to change opacity on where roads pass through. The other is to show the building but split in two so you can see the complete road path. Both have benefits because ultimately we all want to know how to get around. This also applies to roads passing under roads which again will be difficult to get 100% correct until we see the full map with height changes.

Also, some of the smaller roads may not be visible from the videos due to the angles in the video. Roads may be tucked behind larger structures so some have been removed where it’s obvious they have been removed.

Placing buildings accurately right now is not really possible because of the image quality of the maps shown. However, I have done my best to remove/add buildings where possible at the moment. These will be tweaked when we see a decent hi-res map that can be rotated and height can be changed.

IMPROVEMENTS/FIXES
  • Removed chat window to show by default to help mobile users. This can be toggled by clicking the chat icon in the top right.
  • The map now scales correctly for mobiles when viewed in portrait mode.
  • Map now positioned better at the center of a mobile device screen.
  • Map lists now display correctly when selected in mobile.
  • Users are now able to switch between List View and Map View on mobiles.
  • New filters button for mobile users to select filters and improve usability..
  • A few typos sorted from data entry input (thanks Virtenax).
These tweaks should make life easier when viewing on a smaller screen.

This work so far has taken a few days to complete on the road changes alone. Attempting to get the scale right as well as angles has been a challenge without messing up all the object markers. Annoyingly there was no way to work around some of the changes so some markers had to be repositioned on the map. Keep the feedback coming and I’ll crack on with further updates should they be needed in the days ahead. The plan is to get the map layout as complete as possible before release.
Post automatically merged:

I assume once CP2077 is released you'll include specific buildings (i.e. Afterlife, Arasaka HQ, ect.), "correct" the streets to match what's in CP2077, add street names, etc. ?

Yes to all of the above :)

More updates added this weekend. More NPCs, Mega Buildings, some cleaning up and adding in stuff that's been missing from the map that has been worked on offline.

More stuff to come as we lead up to release. Hopefully, we can get as much in as possible as the info database on map objects is slowly but surely building up too. New points such as NCART and Street name markers are ready to go also when we have the info.

If anyone wants to help out such as gathering info/locations of stuff drop me a PM. There's going to be a lot to cover and the more hands on deck the better.

Last edited:
Another update today...

Interactive Cyberpunk 2077 Map Update Notes V3.2

A new version has gone live today with the following changes and additions since our last update on the site.

• Right click to add a marker anywhere on the map. This copies coordinates link to your clipboard so you can share it with others. Whoever uses the link will be taken to that exact spot and shown the marker. Example...
https://www.purecyberpunk.com/map/?....75,180.625&zoomlevel=4&coords=2435.44,942.13

You will now see the green marker exactly where it was placed.

• First stage of map being changed to reflect the game more accurately. This includes road and building changes.
  • Map has been further optimised for speed. (More will be done on this as we continue to rebuild it for accuracy.
  • New NPCs/locations have been added to the database.
  • Buildings have all been enhanced and anomalies removed.
  • Roads have been enhanced
  • Map can be dragged to scroll around.
  • Improved Interface
As the game launches on Thursday, the map will be continually tweaked and improved for accuracy with smaller incremental updates going live over the next few days.

Oh yes! I am also giving away 3 copies of the game. If you're wanting one or know a friend who wants one, the competition is here!

Last edited:
Looking good!
Keep up the excellent work.

My only suggestion would be to make the map markers smaller, it's going to be VERY cluttered.

Top Bottom