Cyberpunk 2077 Interview

+
I don't understand the logic of how "He" "His" "Him" makes it right to think the protagonist is male.

"He" is usually the placeholder for anybody. It's not very often you hear of a hypothetical person called, "she".

Yes, exactly.

I don't understand the logic of how "He" "His" "Him" makes it right to think the protagonist is male.

"He" is usually the placeholder for anybody. It's not very often you hear of a hypothetical person called, "she".
Usually we say "he" when we don't know someone's gender as well. For example, it's like when you're talking to a friend about driving and say, "this guy/he cut me off," when really you don't know who the driver in the other car was.

CDProjekt could have used "they" in the singular sense, but then the text would have been confusing.

Actually 'they' and 'their' easily replace the 'he' or 'his' without causing confusion in the interview. I mean that's what the terms exist for.

Anyway, I don't want to bog this thread down with a derailing grammatical discussion.
I'm getting weirded out though that CDProjekt are being so coy about this aspect of character customisation. Don't they know whether choice of gender is included yet?

My hit is not enough? Don't worry about character customisation. Really.

Well I'll try and have faith. :) I've just been disappointed so many times when I haven't had the opportunity to play a female character in a science fiction setting and Cyberpunk is one of my favourite themes. My husband and I even have one of the old Cyberpunk 2020 source books around somewhere. We mainly roleplay cyberpunk themed settings with a loose interpretation of the GURPS rule set these days though.

I think there is going to be a choice of gender. The possible hint for it is at the end of the teaser, show the lady max-tac officer get ready...

Would be good imo if they made a standard male and female character, and you could change their featuress. Like in Mass Effect for example. I think that would be pretty easy to implement i think.

Well if they make it like PnP the should be 9 base classes and all gender/race etc combination. I just hope that at least the begging will be different for all of them (something like in Dragon Age 1 - I think it would be perfect for this game) and the gamestyle will aslo be different and not focus only on some sort of simple minigames for netrunner (hacker character) etc.

Strong SP experience with the most amazing story and brilliant setting and characters is what I care about, not much of a MP person

I think there is going to be a choice of gender. The possible hint for it is at the end of the teaser, show the lady max-tac officer get ready...

I hope so. Most games give you this feature now. I think the way Mass Effect implemented this was very clever, actually..

It wouldn't be the end of the world if it didn't happen, but I sure am crossing my fingers until we get some confirmation.

I'm kinda worried about the last fragment:

Cyberpunk 2077 will be an awesome game about a hero from the streets, from very dangerous streets. Raised from the gutter, he uses ultra-modern technology to stand against large corporations and others who exploit the underprivileged. The lonely rider takes his chopper, tech and the slaughter begins (laughter)

So, a typical story about noone becoming someone? A hero from nowhere set out to save the world? Not from the archdemon/big-evil this time but from corporations? SRSLY CDPR? You can do better than that.

I'm kinda worried about the last fragment:

So, a typical story about noone becoming someone? A hero from nowhere set out to save the world? Not from the archdemon/big-evil this time but from corporations? SRSLY CDPR? You can do better than that.

The game isn't out for another two years. Have a little faith and give the fine ladies and gents at CDPR time to breathe and create before airing concerns. You know nothing about the story besides a little interview blurb that includes "(laughter)"....it really isn't anything to go on at all.

Gamers are so quick to write things off these days before even seeing the whole picture...:confused:

The game isn't out for another two years. Have a little faith and give the fine ladies and gents at CDPR time to breathe and create before airing concerns. You know nothing about the story besides a little interview blurb that includes "(laughter)"....it really isn't anything to go on at all.

Gamers are so quick to write things off these days before even seeing the whole picture...:confused:

Other interview confirms this:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/11/38...taying-true-to-cyberpunk-roots-with-printable

The story that unfolds in that world, however, will be entirely of CD Projekt Red's creation — a rise-to-power story about "someone who rises from a filthy gutter to stand against a hostile world."

'Rise to power' is an unfortunate choice of words, but I'm confident that the themes and dialog will carry the day. Hell, a synopsis of TW2 can seem fairly generic at a glance. It's not until you get into the meat of the game when the story shines. Besides, Sebastian Stepian is lead writer. The guy has proven his writing chops.

Top Bottom