Good?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Refund pre order and wait for stadia.

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

We’re coming to Stadia, the cloud-based gaming platform from Google!

Go behind the scenes of Cyberpunk 2077 – see the new developer video:

Google Stadia version of the game will be released in 2020. Additional details will be made available at a later date.

For CDPR - probably. For me - nope. Anything that promotes services like Stadia...
CD Projekt Red kinda promised us that they will make sure Cyberpunk 2077 will be available on as many gaming platforms as you can find.

I don't like Stadia but I like Cyberpunk 2077 being on Stadia. I like the thought of playing the game at 60 FPS, possibly with RTX, on my iPad while I sit in the kitchen making dinner.

Why should we (personally) care about any other platforms than what we use ourselves? They are irrelevant to our experience.

I explained above why I care. I'm not planning to use Staida, but Stadia will help CDPR to unstick from MS lock-in and gain Linux and Vulkan expertise. That's one step closer to proper Linux version.

Marcin Iwiński said in the past in regards to Linux release (though that was about TW3 that was cancelled):

we would love to have our game there, because the more people play our games, the better for us.

You should care because it means CDPR can have a larger reach and sell more copies of the game. Their success will impact the games they put out in the future.

Not really my concern until there’s a game from them to which I wish to see continuation, or which implies something good in the future.

I explained above why I care. I'm not planning to use Staida, but Stadia will help CDPR to unstick from MS lock-in and gain Linux and Vulkan expertise. That's one step closer to proper Linux version.

That’s a fair point.

Not really my concern until there’s a game from them to which I wish to see continuation, or which implies something good in the future.

I was about to say precisely this for you. I think we've both been here too long.

Marcin Iwiński said in the past in regards to Linux release (though that was about TW3 that was cancelled):

Let's hope for the best. I'm happy to see more games using Vulkan. By the way, how's the Witcher 3 on Linux project going so far? Are most of the bugs gone, and is performance up to par?

By the way, how's the Witcher 3 on Linux project going so far? Are most of the bugs gone, and is performance up to par?

There is no project per se, just general progress of dxvk and Wine. TW3 in particular is very good. Fully playable with great performance. But any such solution is just a workaround for lock-in issue. Once CDPR are already releasing CP2077 natively for Linux (for Stadia), there is very little for them to do to release for all Linux users, and finally fulfill their "because the more people play our games, the better for us."

Let's see how their management will handle this one. I'm giving them the benefit of a doubt and wouldn't assume they'll again ignore Linux users like legacy publishers in the same situations do (i.e. Bethesda and the like who release for Stadia, but refuse to release for desktop Linux).

I was about to say precisely this for you. I think we've both been here too long.

Way too long. I’ve been pretty predictable for some time now and it’s become habit forming.

If I had called the shots, CDPR would’ve gone for a lot smaller game (production wise), and aimed mainly for a focus group or a niche, so that there’d not be that much of a need for that ”wider reach”.

Top Bottom