Cyberpunk 2077 is now back on the PlayStation Store!

+
Don't expect the next gen version to be better than that. Or par to the pc ultra version.
Why not? Texture streaming is quite slow despite having 24gb of vram. It feels like playing the console version on higher resolution and more FPS. Raytraced lighting is the only benefit, as of now. Quite honestly, the RTX 3090 has been a waste of money, if Cyberpunk is the only game you play. You don't need RayTracing for this game. RT shadows in it's current state is a joke, as it causes flickering and noticeable pop-ins.

Last edited:
Shame playtesters didn't notice anything wrong with past gen versions. It happens.
They noticed, they noticed... (I know you're sarcastic) https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4497-CUSA16579_00-0000000000000001
Why not? Texture streaming is quite slow despite having 24gb of vram. It feels like playing the console version on higher resolution and more FPS. Raytraced lighting is the only benefit, as of now.
I have both PS5 and series X, they don't have 24gb of vram even combined. Anyway, of course playing on pc feels like a console game at higher resolution and graphics, it's the same game as it has always been and always will be.

Last edited:

"CYBERPUNK 2077 IS NOW BACK ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE!"

Grats! Good to see the game has improved by a great deal.
Are we playing the same game?
I sometimes have to wonder given the bemusing praise some people say about it. It hasn't changed much at all on XB1 in the past 6+ months - the only overtly noticeable thing is that it doesn't crash as much. Hardly something worthy of a medal since it shouldn't be an issue in the first place on a AAA.

it's the same game
Well, everybody should expect more or less the same quality for the money, no matter if you're on PS4 or a high-end PC, but those extra features (RayTracing) which have been advertised especially for PC players, just aren't in a good state right now. The PC version suffers from the transition of an epic next-gen game to the level of stone age consoles, and it's all because of the chip crisis, which will probably continue in 2022. If you want to buy a PS5 as a Xmas gift, do it right now. I don't think that scalper prices will go down in December.

Last edited:
I sometimes have to wonder given the bemusing praise some people say about it. It hasn't changed much at all on XB1 in the past 6+ months - the only overtly noticeable thing is that it doesn't crash as much. Hardly something worthy of a medal since it shouldn't be an issue in the first place on a AAA.
Answered your own question yourself in bold. Cyberpunk 2077 was removed from the PlayStation Store, because it kept crashing, and couldn't be played at all. CDPR has been working hard to improve the game, maybe Sony tested it, and seemingly CP77 passed the test, and thus returned to the store. That's a major improvement.

Answered your own question yourself in bold. Cyberpunk 2077 was removed from the PlayStation Store, because it kept crashing, and couldn't be played at all. CDPR has been working hard to improve the game, maybe Sony tested it, and seemingly CP77 passed the test, and thus returned to the store. That's a major improvement.
Not really, Sony themselves suggest not to buy the game if you have a PS4 :shrug:

Post automatically merged:

Well, everybody should expect more or less the same quality for the money, no matter if you're on PS4 or a high-end PC, but those extra features (RayTracing) which have been advertised especially for PC players, just aren't in a good state right now. The PC version suffers from the transition of an epic next-gen game to the level of stone age consoles, and it's all because of the chip crisis, which will probably continue in 2022. If you want to buy a PS5 as a Xmas gift, do it right now. I don't think that scalper prices will go down in December.
No version is in a good state tbh, if you take RT on PC as a reference. Anyway, I already have a PS5 from launch, as I said.

They should have kept it off until it was fixed properly on base consoles, and Xbox should have gone the same route. They must have set a low bar if they're letting it back on in it's current state. Nothing motivates a company to fix something properly than losing £$.
Some people didn't bought the game in December, but they want to play it, even if it's not properly fixed yet. Performance wise, the game wasn't that terrible since 1.2 patch, a lot of people like the game story wise. If I had PS5 digital, I would've been pissed at CDPR for taking so much time to bring it back.

Why not? Texture streaming is quite slow despite having 24gb of vram. It feels like playing the console version on higher resolution and more FPS. Raytraced lighting is the only benefit, as of now. Quite honestly, the RTX 3090 has been a waste of money, if Cyberpunk is the only game you play. You don't need RayTracing for this game. RT shadows in it's current state is a joke, as it causes flickering and noticeable pop-ins.
The RTX 3090 won't change much, it's more of a card made for creators and streamer, not gaming entirely. Hell most games run at under average 5% FPS difference with a 3080.

As for Ray Tracing? I find the implementation for gaming to be needing a lot of changes from Nvidia, it's great on Paper but in term of performance it's hell for barely anything, I don't expect it to become finalized, ready and to exit "Beta" testing until 2023.

Not really, Sony themselves suggest not to buy the game if you have a PS4 :shrug:
I dont think they have little choice but to make that notification, although from what I hear this notification could be tagged for every platform if you aim to be generic.
By now we know performance and playability are stretched far between them all.
Its basically a heads up to inform the customer that you can suffer from bugs and glitches or whatever (I cant help but notice they call it 'problems', means little from where I stand) but its not a guarantee whatsoever.
No version is in a good state tbh, if you take RT on PC as a reference. Anyway, I already have a PS5 from launch, as I said.
The funny thing for me is that I experience more issues on PC version than PS4 version.

No offense, but the XBOX ONE S was dated when it came out. It's now a glorified toaster. CDPR's probably hit a wall in terms of further optimization. Those on console including myself have witnessed the cost of the visuals trying to get this to work on last gen XBOX/PS4.
Post automatically merged:

So they're selling the game with a massive disclaimer because it's still not fixed. This is quite the business strategy they have going here.
I think it's more that they need people to understand there's no more optimization that can be done. They've hit a wall as I said before.

I think it's more that they need people to understand there's no more optimization that can be done. They've hit a wall as I said before.

I too think there's very little that can still be done to improve the experience further on old-gen consoles. They did what they could, including somewhat downgrading the experience for PS5 and Series X players in order to make it work better on PS4 and XBOne. As a Series X owner i'm actually fine with that, because i know things will get better once the next gen patch finally arrives, so it's just a matter of waiting and i'll finally be able to enjoy the game in all its graphical grandeur. I just hope that eventually DLCs and additions will start rolling out, because a cosmetic overhaul can only do so much to keep me interested, since I basically did everything the game offers at the moment, and i'm waiting for more content while i play other games.

I think it's about time CDPR start releasing the real stuff, not just patches and hotfixes. Now that the "Sony case" is closed, i see no more reasons to keep them from work hard on dlcs (even small ones) and actual gameplay improvements. I mean, six and a half months after release i think it's the right time for CDPR to show the community they still actually intend to expand the world of CP77.

I dont think they have little choice but to make that notification, although from what I hear this notification could be tagged for every platform if you aim to be generic.
By now we know performance and playability are stretched far between them all.
Its basically a heads up to inform the customer that you can suffer from bugs and glitches or whatever (I cant help but notice they call it 'problems', means little from where I stand) but its not a guarantee whatsoever.

The funny thing for me is that I experience more issues on PC version than PS4 version.
Still, it's the only game which has that disclaimer on PS store. The base PS4 version is not even mentioned in the OP of this thread. :shrug:

Might've missed it but I haven't seen anybody describe their experience on base PS4 (base storage too?) as of the new patch.
How substantial are the performance differences? All I know so far is visual pop-in is more frequent/noticeable, which is fine.

What about getting into fights? Do enemies still take considerable time to realize that I'm engaging them? (presumably due to the game loading stuff)
Getting in/out of vehicles - does it still take the game ~5 seconds to fully register this? Previously I experienced really jarring audio (and other) problems related to this.
Using mainmenu/character/inventory/skills UI? It was pretty typical that accessing/using these UIs could take a while to load & exit. Any changes in this department?

I'm contemplating reinstalling. But the game being as big as it is, I'm hesitant since I'll need to uninstall at least one game. If my personal biggest issues are still as bad as they were, I'll probably just hold off for now.

Congratulation Guys !

Let's hope this is just the beginning for you and you will now focus on delivering the same game as you have promised.
Let's the "No Man's Sky" path be the best example for you guys of how to regain the good reputation about your game and your studio back, as right now is all time low.
There is a chance still so don't waste it.

Top Bottom