Cyberpunk 2077 is now back on the PlayStation Store!

+
Might've missed it but I haven't seen anybody describe their experience on base PS4 (base storage too?) as of the new patch.
How substantial are the performance differences? All I know so far is visual pop-in is more frequent/noticeable, which is fine.

What about getting into fights? Do enemies still take considerable time to realize that I'm engaging them? (presumably due to the game loading stuff)
Getting in/out of vehicles - does it still take the game ~5 seconds to fully register this? Previously I experienced really jarring audio (and other) problems related to this.
Using mainmenu/character/inventory/skills UI? It was pretty typical that accessing/using these UIs could take a while to load & exit. Any changes in this department?

I'm contemplating reinstalling. But the game being as big as it is, I'm hesitant since I'll need to uninstall at least one game. If my personal biggest issues are still as bad as they were, I'll probably just hold off for now.
I'm on base ps4 reinitialised it in February so the os and hard-drive are fairly clean, after 1.23 the main change I've noticed is that they've changed the nighttime lighting a little (like they've removed some ambient light) which has removed some of the screen space reflection artifacts (weird sandpaper effect that was quite distracting)
The game is stable for me, actually only had one crashs since March, which I think was something to do with Skippy, haven't used him again since the patch yet.

Pop ins are still a thing, but they probably always will be on ps4 I think. For example, if you drive in to the afterlife car park at speed it will be pretty empty, once you stop the barriers and parking meters etc will appear.
Walking around the NPC outfits don't change every time you turn around any more.

Not noticed any audio issues getting in and out of cars or with the menus.

Enemies definitely react to you and engage just fine,

Which version did you last play on?

Which version did you last play on?
1.22 more or less immediately as it was released. Albeit, that was around about when I started dropping off from the game. My current issues with the game feel (maybe felt, haven't played again yet) more like inconveniences at the time compared to the game-breaking bugs etc. Thankfully I wasn't faced with any(?) extreme bugs. But I do hope the "inconvenient" bugs on my end are somewhat fixed up.

I did finish the game once, that feels like a huge factor in my hesitation to install the game again. Been there, done it. I'll be happy to do it again if aforementioned inconvenient bugs are remedied. In the meantime there are some other games less inconveniencing.

To clarify, by "inconvenient bugs" I mean literally bugs that are just slight inconveniences to my experience. I think it's worsened by them piling up after one another.

1.22 more or less immediately as it was released. Albeit, that was around about when I started dropping off from the game. My current issues with the game feel (maybe felt, haven't played again yet) more like inconveniences at the time compared to the game-breaking bugs etc. Thankfully I wasn't faced with any(?) extreme bugs. But I do hope the "inconvenient" bugs on my end are somewhat fixed up.

I did finish the game once, that feels like a huge factor in my hesitation to install the game again. Been there, done it. I'll be happy to do it again if aforementioned inconvenient bugs are remedied. In the meantime there are some other games less inconveniencing.

To clarify, by "inconvenient bugs" I mean literally bugs that are just slight inconveniences to my experience. I think it's worsened by them piling up after one another.
Vacuum the machine and reinitialise it if you can face it. That's what made the biggest difference to mine. (if you've only got one user account and ps-plus it's pretty easy just make sure you back up your saves. If you have more than one user you'll have to back up the extra accounts' saves to USB manually)

If 1.22 was your most recent play then the lighting is probably the only thing you'll massively notice. I've only played about 3 hours since the latest patch though.

Might've missed it but I haven't seen anybody describe their experience on base PS4 (base storage too?) as of the new patch.
How substantial are the performance differences? All I know so far is visual pop-in is more frequent/noticeable, which is fine.

What about getting into fights? Do enemies still take considerable time to realize that I'm engaging them? (presumably due to the game loading stuff)
Getting in/out of vehicles - does it still take the game ~5 seconds to fully register this? Previously I experienced really jarring audio (and other) problems related to this.
Using mainmenu/character/inventory/skills UI? It was pretty typical that accessing/using these UIs could take a while to load & exit. Any changes in this department?

I'm contemplating reinstalling. But the game being as big as it is, I'm hesitant since I'll need to uninstall at least one game. If my personal biggest issues are still as bad as they were, I'll probably just hold off for now.
Base PS4 player here. I'v not yet been able to try 1.23, and in 1.22 the loading of the UI menu such as map and inventory can indeed take a few seconds before it visible as it should.
The car-thing you describe I'm not quite understanding. Yes it takes a few second because there's an animation for it, not sure what the sync-up is about?
The thing about enemies I do not recognise.

Are we playing the same game?
I sometimes have to wonder given the bemusing praise some people say about it. It hasn't changed much at all on XB1 in the past 6+ months - the only overtly noticeable thing is that it doesn't crash as much. Hardly something worthy of a medal since it shouldn't be an issue in the first place on a AAA.

this. a not crashing game is the bare minimum i expect from a AAA title - me as well cant understand the praises people are giving now... it took them 6 month to make it "stable" on the cost of asset, light and crowd quality - is that a reason to be happy now? Quest-Bugs, Ai, collision-issues and broken gamesystem (iconics, crafting specs, perks, Ui menues, physics etc.) errors from day one still exist. I see no reason to pat cdprs shoulders yet tbh.

What they have done the last 6 month arent improvments - it was the bare minimum must have. Its far away from improving anything....

At least the next gen update is free for last gen users - the only thing i can give a thumb up for now.

Last edited:
Any news bout patches, dlc etc?

They've stated that the game is now "satisfactory" so I foresee an end to any more changes to the game.

The stability has now reached a satisfactory level and they are continuing to work on bugs and glitches

1624841469305.png

you know if would really help if they put out a statement like this on their official channels and not during an interview with a Polish outlet that then gets machine translated and published by English speaking media only to get quoted by fans who didn't read the complete article. Cue confusion.

you know if would really help if they put out a statement like this on their official channels and not during an interview with a Polish outlet that then gets machine translated and published by English speaking media only to get quoted by fans who didn't read the complete article. Cue confusion.
and the press not rely on google translate for their click bait headlines

It's been months since CDPR started to avoid direct and meaningful communication with us gamers. I know the reasons behind this decision, but honestly, there has to be a happy medium between talking too much and not saying a single word.

I believe that statement was referred to crashes, which has been improved.

While true, I also note that the bug fixes and other matters are probably now a much lesser priority and they'll be moving onto DLC.

The car radio is still pretty horrible on base ps4, for me at least.

The music, news and everything skip turn off after some point in the game. Meanin I'm driving in my car, especially in the city not so much in the badlands, the music suddenly pauses for minute or so, then a news broadcast starts and even that one stops and different news cast starts and doesn't play all way through.

I'd like to listen to the radio, but outside badlands it just goes haywire

The car radio is still pretty horrible on base ps4, for me at least.

The music, news and everything skip turn off after some point in the game. Meanin I'm driving in my car, especially in the city not so much in the badlands, the music suddenly pauses for minute or so, then a news broadcast starts and even that one stops and different news cast starts and doesn't play all way through.

I'd like to listen to the radio, but outside badlands it just goes haywire
It's weird indeed :(
If you haven't already, you can report this problem > here ;)

Congrats, good work. Honestly I've played on PS5 since day one so I have the main story and lots of side quests finished, I don't play it that often anymore but I'd for sure like to see how REAL PS5 version could look like instead of running in "limited" mode. I stick to what I've said before, they screwed people with removing the game from PS Store for so long. I had zero issues after first ~3 months and still it needed another 3 to get back into the store. For some reason. A total mistake to remove it for PS5 owners. Maybe they should have split the cases. Btw, always nice to have a good laugh while reading people's posts about PS4 game looking worse than on a top tier PC for thousands of dollars. Nice to have that daily reminder not to get into any arguments on the Internet.

Top Bottom