"Cyberpunk 2077" is "System Shock 2 in a big city"

+
I mean that in a good way. The gameplay reminds me so much of System Shock 2, the atmosphere is great in both titles, according to their settings.
The character system in CP is more flexible, but the basic builds come down to the three from SysShock. Maybe a little bit more melee options, but just the gameplay is just as clunky.

And both worlds have this special sort of techno/body horror that just gets me and stresses me in a subtle way.

Both games have way too many menus and sub menus, but once you "get" them, you feel like a true Cyberpunk who knows his sh*t.

And Johnny Silverhand is like an edgy version of SHODAN, always commenting and nitpicking until you kind of like it:
“L…l…look at you, hacker: a p-pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you r-run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?”

Yeah, you filthy b**ch, talk dirty to me.
(Goes for you, too, Johnny.)

So, what do you, my fellow System Shock 2 players think?

Reminded me first Deus Ex actually.
System Shock was more claustrophobic and almost without NPC interactions

I mean that in a good way. The gameplay reminds me so much of System Shock 2, the atmosphere is great in both titles, according to their settings.
The character system in CP is more flexible, but the basic builds come down to the three from SysShock. Maybe a little bit more melee options, but just the gameplay is just as clunky.

And both worlds have this special sort of techno/body horror that just gets me and stresses me in a subtle way.

Both games have way too many menus and sub menus, but once you "get" them, you feel like a true Cyberpunk who knows his sh*t.

And Johnny Silverhand is like an edgy version of SHODAN, always commenting and nitpicking until you kind of like it:
“L…l…look at you, hacker: a p-pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you r-run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?”

It is not only system shock. I felt reminded to so many things I remember from my childhood. The main story line can be compared to the shadowrun SNES game which I liked a lot. Of course, also the whole cyberpunk setting is related and I love it.

I also had some terminator 2 moments driving with jackies motorcycle through the north of the city.

And then there is the obvious connection to Deus Ex, although CP is of course so much better. Cant stop playing, unfortunately. I had this the last time when Baldurs Gate 2 was released :)

Guest 4406876

you wish it was system shock

There may be some similarities but the athmosphere of system shock 2 agh... I just haven't experienced it again. Absolute horror.

Top Bottom