Votes: 23 18.4%
  • ...B) Anthem

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • ...C) Warcraft 3 Reforged

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • D) The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

Votes: 32 25.6%

• Total voters
None of the above. I don't remember a similar case. I could say it is the next Duke Nukem Forever (due to the hype, lack of focus, overambitious goals, forced restarts of the project) but at least industry veterans 3DRealms admitted they fucked up, they decided to quit development and sold the assets to a third party (which pushed the game out anyway, but that's another story...)

Simply put Badowski refuses to acknowledge that anything is wrong with the game, insisting that the game is exactly what was promised us, so that cuts out A and D. He won't allow it to change significantly, in order to save face, especially as long as he's CEO, and one of the major stock holders.
Sad but true, in fact CDPR is now on an hiring spree to bring forth the multiplayer.

Now it's up to us customers to 'vote with the wallet' and send a clear signal.

Cyberpunk 2077 is next coming of lord and savior, but seriously it's mix of Deus Ex, Skyrim, Far Cry and Vampire Bloodlines, so it's doing it's own thing, ironically.

Cyberpunk 2077 is next coming of lord and savior, but seriously it's mix of Deus Ex, Skyrim, Far Cry and Vampire Bloodlines, so it's doing it's own thing, ironically.

Should have put up Vampire Bloodlines with massive Community Patches up as an option...

That would be unfair for VTMB community, game is only playable thanks to them. Cyberpunk community is not compareable.

Sorry, I didn't mean to disrespect the VTMB community, I am absolutely thankful to them for making the game what it is.
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Without any idea what/if they plan to deliver in terms of expansions i find it impossible to answer the question.

The game its the next turd in the list of turds after Postal III, Aliens Colonial Marines, The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, Alone in the Dark: Illumination, No Man's Sky, Star Wars Battlefront II, METAL GEAR SURVIVE, Fallout 76, Anthem, Warcraft III: Reforged.

What's the difference between A) and D) ?
I didn't play No Man's Sky...
NMS creators promised lots of things and failed to deliver almost all of them. After some time they start to rework the game almost from the ground up and at this point you could say that they even over-delivered. They continue to improve the game and add new content.
In the case of Witcher: Enhanced Edition they just fixed bugs, add some QoL improvements, and that it.

Let's be honest: The ruthless calculus of capitalism knew Anthem was dead all along. It was only about preserving what little was left of BioW(EA)re's reputation. It's not by chance that first the Mass Effect Remastered and a new Shepard-Mass Effect were announced, then well received by most fans and are now the scapegoat for poor Anthem, that has to go – now that the data analysts from EA have already estimated by clicks and algorithms that most players will buy the new Mass Effects anyway and ignore the Anthem desaster...

Let's be honest: The ruthless calculus of capitalism knew Anthem was dead all along. It was only about preserving what little was left of BioW(EA)re's reputation. It's not by chance that first the Mass Effect Remastered and a new Shepard-Mass Effect were announced, then well received by most fans and are now the scapegoat for poor Anthem, that has to go – now that the data analysts from EA have already estimated by clicks and algorithms that most players will buy the new Mass Effects anyway and ignore the Anthem desaster...
Do people still purchase games from EA?

Do people still purchase games from EA?
  • Digital net bookings* for the fiscal year was $4.052 billion, up 9% year-over-year and now represents 78% of total net bookings.
  • FIFA 20 has more than 25 million unique players to date.
  • Madden NFL 20 reached the highest engagement levels in franchise history.
  • Apex LegendsTM was the most downloaded free-to-play game on PS4 in calendar 2019.
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen OrderTM has more than 10 million unique players to date.
  • In every quarter of fiscal 2020, monthly average players in The Sims 4TM were higher than the comparable period in the prior year.
  • Net cash from operating activities was $498 million for the quarter and $1.797 billion for the fiscal year.
  • EA repurchased 2.7 million shares for $291 million during the quarter, bringing the total for the last twelve months to 12.3 million shares for $1.207 billion.

Years of anti Ea clickbait on youtube did nothing peopls still buy their games :shrug:

Read the poll.
The game names stand for...
A) means: it will get to the point where it' the great game we expected
B) after many promises it will seize to exist
C) CDPR will wait until nobody talks about it anymore. They won't, too.
D) Two Years later, the Cyberpunk they wanted and we deserved.
That's a difficult one to answer at the moment I think. Given that only one real patch have been released and no responses have been made in regards to all the missing content.

Them releasing patches to fix bugs is expected, so that doesn't really say anything.

Where it gets difficult to guess about it, is because of how much content is lacking, but also the content that is in the game is very generic, it's not a complex RPG, you have the basic armor and a few categories of weapons. You also have some resistances against different things like fire and electricity, but how important they are when it comes to it, I don't know. Seems like armor is handling damage just fine on its own and these resistances are of little importance. Weapons we have 3 basic types, not counting the melee ones. Smart, Tech and Power and most of the stuff you find are the same guns with some different skins on them. So even the customization of gear is somewhat limited I think. As the mods themselves, again are pretty generic.

The whole skill system and skill progress is also a bit basic, a lot of them are purely +3% damage, a bit faster movement etc. There might be a lot of them, but overall very generic.

Point being that a huge amount of effort needs to be put into CP2077 if they really want to make it shine, because a lot of the very basic mechanics in the game are actually rather poor or to simple to really keep the excitement going as a shooter game.

What keeps CP 2077 from not being a another Anthem in my opinion, is Night city, the Cyberpunk genre and the storytelling, which is really good for the most part, if it weren't as linear.
But as a game within this GTA genre and from a technical and game mechanic point of view, it is very very basic, and is really not bringing anything new to the table as I see it.

So if they want to commit to it and to the fans and pull a No man sky, I think will be determined based on how radical the changes will be once they have fixed the bugs. If they don't want to change any mechanics, the game will probably die off, in a few DLCs and one or maybe two expansions, if they are lucky.

But Im pretty sure that they shouldn't expect any expansions to sell even remotely as many copies as CP2077 did, if they don't change anything and turns to game into one that can hold its ground for the long run.

Again, they are in a lot of shit to be honest, because they have disappointed SOOO many of their fans, that any new announcement from them, I think will be met with a lot of skepticism, especially if they just patch up CP2077 and move on.

Top Bottom