Votes: 11 8.8%
  • D) The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

Votes: 32 25.6%

• Total voters
Read the poll.
The game names stand for...
A) means: it will get to the point where it' the great game we expected
B) after many promises it will seize to exist
C) CDPR will wait until nobody talks about it anymore. They won't, too.
D) Two Years later, the Cyberpunk they wanted and we deserved.

Last edited:
Nice poll my Choom. I won't participate in the poll because the only ones who can answer this question are CD Projekt, the same way they question us at the beginning of the game with Dex. I'll up your topic though.

Guest 3847602

None of the above.
I don't see them adding cut features back, but fixing bugs, improving AI and working on a content which would enhance the existing experience, not change it dramatically. Which is something they've been doing with TW series from the start.

Nice poll my Choom. I won't participate in the poll because the only ones who can answer this question are CD Projekt, the same way they question us at the beginning of the game with Dex. I'll up your topic though.

Thanks!
None of the above.
I don't see them adding cut features back, but fixing bugs, improving AI and working on a content which would enhance the existing experience, not change it dramatically. Which is something they've been doing with TW series from the start.

Based on your answer I added option D. Thanks for giving me this idea!

D is most likely imho.

This is new franchise they put millions into and it honestly feels like their first CP game as the witcher did when they made that. Same kinda jankiness, eventually will be good with some quirks.

No Man's Sky is still getting major game updates which significantly improve the game with new and free content while CDPR has done next to nothing to improve Cyberpunk 2077 from the bare bones mess it was at launch. I wanted the NMS treatment for CP2077 but I've given up on that at this point and expect very little from CDPR going forward.

No Man's Sky is still getting major game updates which significantly improve the game with new and free content while CDPR has done next to nothing to improve Cyberpunk 2077 from the bare bones mess it was at launch. I wanted the NMS treatment for CP2077 but I've given up on that at this point and expect very little from CDPR going forward.
I get you, but its only been two months man. Things could still happen.

FkzAz

Forum regular
C)

Because no matter what they will do, they will never invest full 2years of dev into bringing all the missing content, like story branching.

NMS would be great, but I do not think it will happen. The questionable implementation of the most hated systems (police, city AI, traffic) seems to be the result od some technical problems with the engine, streaming data and storing them all at once in memory.

That's why the engine is unable to keep track of AI once out of sight (not to be confused with standard rendering techniques) and simulate some random interactions between NPCs (drivers, pedestrians, police etc.). That's why many car sprites spawn and despawn in the distance, random AIs materialize out of thin air in back-alley portals, follow scripted paths, then dematerialize (if the player turns his/her head around) not to be seen ever again in the exact same form (and I do no mean the model or outfit only). That's why CDPR decided to implement these severely outdated systems that would be considered merely as placeholders by some other AAA developers.

Solving RED engine problems would probably require many, many additional working hours, some massive redesign of the game and quite long testing (QA) process. I doubt if it is possible considering well-known problems with the last-gen consoles. So... do not expect it to be done any time soon. Frankly speaking, I do not think that they will ever address these issues.

I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
C)

Because no matter what they will do, they will never invest full 2years of dev into bringing all the missing content, like story branching.
What they could do is rework streetcred. As in that you earn rep with each gang /district and or fixers. Reaching a certain lvl with one faction locks you from working with another. And some regulations when playing a certain lifestlye(If you play Corpo, Nomads should hate you). It sure would make the replay value a bit more than zero at the very least.

What they could do is rework streetcred. As in that you earn rep with each gang /district and or fixers. Reaching a certain lvl with one faction locks you from working with another. And some regulations when playing a certain lifestlye(If you play Corpo, Nomads should hate you). It sure would make the replay value a bit more than zero at the very least.

Per faction street cred is a great idea. High street cred and they are friendly and do you favors, zero street cred they attck you on sight.

As far as post-release work goes, they're not even off the starting blocks yet. It's way too early to make predictions.

The problem with our expectations as gamers is that we drive our imaginations and expectations like flooring the accelerator pedal in a Caliburn, but then grim reality in the RL delivery of games sh*ts hard on the brakes, like we're driving a lumbering freight truck...

I voted B.

Simply put Badowski refuses to acknowledge that anything is wrong with the game, insisting that the game is exactly what was promised us, so that cuts out A and D. He won't allow it to change significantly, in order to save face, especially as long as he's CEO, and one of the major stock holders.

That leaves us with B and C.

But remember that multiplayer is coming out. I think what they will do then is simply put in small DLC and disappoint "river raid" style DLC, then let the game die. No major changes, no major updates, just install what's pretty much already created and let it fade away.

Any major changes they'll try and save for the multiplayer game, swearing that was always Badowski's plan, and that we just were stupid for not trusting them.

Top Bottom