Cyberpunk 2077 is too short!

+

Do you believe CDPR should take the effort to make the main story of CP2077 longer (45h+)?

• Yes, they should make it a core improvement part of the next free DLCs and patches.

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • No, main story is long enough as it is.

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • They should make both the main quest much longer and also make side quest chains much longer.

Votes: 87 56.1%
  • I like short Call Of Duty single player, this game is too long, they should shorten it to 5~10h.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The main story is short, no doubt about it. Johnny turns a 180 in what seems like record time when it comes to his behavior. It seemed like just 2 missions ago he was a terrible guy, it doesn't feel so earned. It's so very obvious they cut so much content out if it, some of the missions are short and have barely any player input either. Kerry's mission with the van is one example, I enjoyed it but there could have been more.

Mind you I did all of his side-mission and all of the other character side-missions aswell, and I still think the game is too short and shallow. They went from too much in W3 to too little in CP2077. There is such a thing as a golden middle.

I have finished the game in 39 hours, though admittedly I was holding off doing the main story for the longest time because I wanted to experience more of the side stories.
Unfortunately the game has that fake sense of urgency and being rushed that didn't help with wanting to put the main quest off for too long.
And after the ending I don't even wanna start a new playthrough.

If you rush the main story you are basically playing a demo.
Most part of the game and complexity is present in the side quests.
People complained about how W3 was too long, more than 100hours in a single run if you play the DLCs.
They made the world more optional, condensed and compact, and yet people complain too. Amazing.

If you rush the main story you are basically playing a demo.
Most part of the game and complexity is present in the side quests.
People complained about how W3 was too long, more than 100hours in a single run if you play the DLCs.
They made the world more optional, condensed and compact, and yet people complain too. Amazing.
Hey you never heard me complain about the lenght of the witcher. In fact my only complaint about the witcher series is that the 2nd one is too short. But at least you have 2 completely different storylines. The first and 3rd Witcher was just right for what I expect from an RPG.

Hey you never heard me complain about the lenght of the witcher. In fact my only complaint about the witcher series is that the 2nd one is too short. But at least you have 2 completely different storylines. The first and 3rd Witcher was just right for what I expect from an RPG.
Yes i know, i was talking about a general impression, not judging you. I think the length of CP2077 is fine, maybe we still have DLCs and a multiplayer. Its ok for now. I think the sides stories here have a better construction than some The Witcher 3 quests. I have 36hours of gameplay, chapter 2, i'm doing all sides and buying all vehicles...i will take more time.

I'm about just over half way through main missions and done a few side missions. I do wonder if i can unlock most of these perks and abilities in one play through as I dont think I've unlocked much as it is. Will there be much left to do in the game by the time I unlocked these abilities and get much use out of them ?
Probably where a story/map expansion will come in.

I agree with this.
45 hours in. Have done the main quests, and almost all the side quests, really not much left, just roaming around.
Maybe 10-15 hours of content left but I'm down to finding some lost delorian cars and the boxing fight sidequests I'm not really speced to take on.

The game is way too short. Short main quest, very few legit side quests that aren't "gigs". The game is definitely missing the narrative fullness equivalent to the Witchers.
Watson is definitely the most "gig" heavy area in the game, whereas other areas are quite empty of "gigs" ie. City Center & Pacifica.
The game gives off an unfished vibe, leaving much quests to be desired.
I really could care less about "new" areas for DLC ,ie Crystal Palace. Night City needs to be done justice. Setting bugs aside, this game does not feel completed yet, in terms of main story, characters, side quests, and "gigs". And no, 1 free DLC won't fix this.
Maybe the game should have been delayed another year.

I agree to say that the game is too short. I finished the main story 2 times in 45 hours and I did many decondary quest. On the other hand the secondary stories are more rich than in Witcher 3.

Is this a joke?

I'm 130 hours in (main quest completed) and I have at least 10-20 more hours to play.

Don't believe the lies that the game is short. Every game is 'short' if you strictly play the main quest and only that.

Is this a joke?

I'm 130 hours in (main quest completed) and I have at least 10-20 more hours to play.

Don't believe the lies that the game is short. Every game is 'short' if you strictly play the main quest and only that.

then u doing something different then everybody else. im out 80 hours in total with the 3rd play trough

For me, the main campaign is too short. Especially the Pacifica part, which seems to be very rushed.

It would be better if we have some fixer in Pacifica, or if we could work for Placide, Sasquatch or the Netwatch agent and have to choose between them in the end.

It would be better if we get to know the fixers and the gang leaders better. Their lore seems to be very rushed too.

The content with Rogue is too limited. All we know is that she had a crush on Johnny and he uses her because of that.

There's too many cool characters lacking the proper development, like those I mentioned and "Padre", Saul, Blue Eyed guy, and there's too few information about the gangs, like 6th street, Animals (aka Sasquatch and the gymn boys), Voodoo Boys (only Placide, Bridgitte and generic computer mobs), Valentinos, and so on.

The main story was formed basically by what was showed on the snipets of the promotional material and that's it.

The side quests, gigs and other activities, despite being good, felt a little lacking on lore and development department.

Some of them was just the repetitive cicle: go there, kill all/be stealth, rescue person/object, and collect prize. And lacked the importance in the main context.

We knew too few about Kang Tao, Militech and other Companies.

The main story can be completed in less than 20 hours. CDPR lied saying that Cyberpunk 2077's main story is only slightly shorter than The Witcher 3. For a game that's been in development for 8 years, the main story should of been at least 30-40 hours long which would of been a lot more acceptable. This is so upsetting. :/

I just completed main storyline in 17 hours 5min. Kinda upset how it ended so fast. After my chosen ending was so boring and it just ended. I cant be really bothered to play anymore. Feels like I just wasted money on this game. sure the gameplay was fun and all but it just ended too fast :D maybe this isnt my type of game. I just cant be bothered to play games again for different endings. Maybe there will be something more in future. who knows

The two main things I would do to make the game long are:

1.) increase the prologue to about 30 minutes instead of 15. Let it be a full quest with choice and consquences down the road, ala dragon age origins.

2.) make the montage in the beginning playable. Let this be our introduction, and make the first half of the game lead up to the heist and the second half the fall out. One may need to rebalance a number of quests and open up the city earlier, but this would show more progression. Going from rooming with Jackie to having your own apartment.

This I think I would go a long way into extending the game's length. add in some better quests(such as something comparable to reason of the state from the witcher 3) with a major quest chain for the lifepaths, then I think it would do a lot to improve things. :)

I would rather have a main quest that is short vs grindy. I don't have time to spend doing things that are repetitive, or boring, just give me the good stuff and let my decisions and level make the difference.

As everyone has said here, the side quests are, most of the time, a joy to play through.

Top Bottom