Cyberpunk 2077 is too short!

+

Do you believe CDPR should take the effort to make the main story of CP2077 longer (45h+)?

• Yes, they should make it a core improvement part of the next free DLCs and patches.

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • No, main story is long enough as it is.

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • They should make both the main quest much longer and also make side quest chains much longer.

Votes: 87 56.1%
  • I like short Call Of Duty single player, this game is too long, they should shorten it to 5~10h.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The main story can be completed in less than 20 hours. CDPR lied saying that Cyberpunk 2077's main story is only slightly shorter than The Witcher 3. For a game that's been in development for 8 years, the main story should of been at least 30-40 hours long which would of been a lot more acceptable. This is so upsetting. :/

Keep in mind that side quests tie into the main story opening up more options on how you want to tackle it. You can basically go through it as fast or slow as you want which is fine by me. People that played it said there's a ton of great content in the game so I really don't see the issue.

Guest 4211861

Well there's the main story, perhaps 25 hours, then there's another 100 hours at least in side quests, which are well done by all accounts so far (from youtubers who actually have the game).

Ya know what, I think it's gonna be a great game, doesn't have to be perfect.

Guest 3847602

Meh, one of the common complaints about TW3 was that the story was dragging on at times, particularly during Novigrad portion of the game. Some people used to call it Novi-drag.
Doesn't seem like a serious issue to me, at all. 20 hours is about how long it takes to beat the original Deus Ex and you can do a lot worse than that game when it comes to quality of the main story.

Stop with that, I think those who claim to rush the game without enjoying it without savoring it I can't even understand, possibly the journalists ... personally I will savor every corner of the game! And when I'm going to finish it, I'm going to be disgusted and wonder how many years I will have to wait again to find a new game like this!

You have to take in to account that right now the game is mainly being completed by reviewers who want to get their reviews in so need to play through it as quickly as possible... or by people who just got their hands on the game and want to be "first!" to beat it so they can run around forums spoiling the ending. Lots of games out there with extremely short main stories that you can end up spending 100's of hours in. It mainly depends on the individual player and what they can get out of the game. Skyrim, Fallout, Sleeping Dogs, GTA.. all fairly linear short games if all you do is bolt through the main story.

The main story can be completed in less than 20 hours. CDPR lied saying that Cyberpunk 2077's main story is only slightly shorter than The Witcher 3. For a game that's been in development for 8 years, the main story should of been at least 30-40 hours long which would of been a lot more acceptable. This is so upsetting. :/

Your evidence is based on 25 players who had the game pre-launch (many will be influencers and reviewers) who are more likely to have banged through the game in order to talk about it.

I think it's likely that average length playing the game at leisure will be a good bit longer.

In any case, if you want to play all three origins over time, that's three times the length. :)

Side quests can affect the main quests so your MQ length will depend if you choose to partake in those side quests and see the interesting branches or miss out and get the most basic, bare-bones variation of the story. One guy could zip through 20hrs while another guy could take it all in and get a lengthy 60hr campaign.

Most reviewers who are still playing it are already on their 2nd-3rd playthrough now anyway. So you could tell that the branching structure and replayability of this game is far more extensive than TW3. CP2077 is basically designed to invite you to replay it more times than TW3 and take slightly or drastically different routes.

There's an article about how one person is 200 hours into the game and has not completed it yet, so until I experience it myself when the game is released, I'm not trusting any claims about how long it is and neither should you.

Bare in mind that the majority of the people who finished the game at this moment are reviewers who blazed through the game just so they can publish their review in time.

If ALL you want to do is power thru the main story line then 20 hours seems OK.

Now if you want to explore the world and perform many/most/all of the side missions it seems 150+ hours is about what's needed.

I really don't understand the controversy, play the game the way you want, it's a single player game.

JexN7

Forum regular
For me, one person's "hour" in the main story translates to 5 hours for me. So looks like 100 hours for me. Aw, yeah.

Not to mention the three background arcs almost give you 3 games in 1, and I plan on doing all three so I'm anticipating ~300 hours.
I'll probably spend the most time on the Corpo arc.

And, supposedly, Skyrim only takes 30-40 hours to complete. I've never finished a playthrough in under 100.

I've never finished a playthrough of TW3 in under 50.

The original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is one of my favorite games of all time, and that can be played through, beginning to end, in only 4 hours.

Game length is in no way a deciding factor for how enjoyable the experience will be for one person or another. And besides, I am very sure the replayability of CP2077 is going to be through the roof.

how can the game be determined "too short" when you haven't played it yet?
[...]
[Edited for...c'mon... -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom