Cyberpunk 2077 is too short!

+

Do you believe CDPR should take the effort to make the main story of CP2077 longer (45h+)?

• Yes, they should make it a core improvement part of the next free DLCs and patches.

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • No, main story is long enough as it is.

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • They should make both the main quest much longer and also make side quest chains much longer.

Votes: 87 56.1%
  • I like short Call Of Duty single player, this game is too long, they should shorten it to 5~10h.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I finished story when I had about 120 hours and currently up to about 200 hours after story... so you can spread out story sessions by doing a ton of other things

I finished story when I had about 120 hours and currently up to about 200 hours after story... so you can spread out story sessions by doing a ton of other things

That's completely besides the point. The main story was longer but some geniuses at CDPR decided to cut it because "so few people finished the main story of W3"

Has to be the dumbest shit I've heard, ever. Look CDPR, most people are casuals, casuals don't finish games, that's NOT who you design games for. It has never worked and it will never work.

That's completely besides the point. The main story was longer but some geniuses at CDPR decided to cut it because "so few people finished the main story of W3"

Has to be the dumbest shit I've heard, ever. Look CDPR, most people are casuals, casuals don't finish games, that's NOT who you design games for. It has never worked and it will never work.

What the hell is the point doing the story 20 hours straight ?? and that is no where near the average time for doing the story anyway.... and there are tons of other things to do and that is not besides the point.....

I do savor the game, every little thing, I spend extra hours on everything. Yet the game is still way too short. Witcher 3 is great. It's medium lenght, not even that long. RPGs and open world adventures need to have a huge triumphant journey for me. 50h of the main quest and at least 100h of side activities is like the very bare minimum.
Post automatically merged:

No one here is talking about rushing the game. Main story should be longer for many because it just feels too short, side quest chains are quite short un CP2077 too. That is all without rushing. I never liked short games.

Witcher 3 to me is very close to the bare minimum lenght I expect for this kind of game, actually.

Please check the three attached images, thank you.

If you rush the main story you are basically playing a demo.
Most part of the game and complexity is present in the side quests.
People complained about how W3 was too long, more than 100hours in a single run if you play the DLCs.
They made the world more optional, condensed and compact, and yet people complain too. Amazing.
No one whom trully liked the game ever complained about Witcher 3 being too long. That's just CDPR trying to justify cutting important parts of CP2077 beforehand. They themselves always said all of their games and any good RPG or open world adventure should alwyas have AT LEAST at 50h+ main story and 100h+ of main content.

Fact is: Witcher 3 is not too long at all.

Attachments

• IMG_20210102_091645_976.jpg
    IMG_20210102_091645_976.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20210102_091652_064.jpg
    IMG_20210102_091652_064.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20210102_091655_752.jpg
    IMG_20210102_091655_752.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Recently finished the game, only did the final mission after finishing every single side quest, event and buying every vehicle... 66h... I mean, i did play a melee berserker build that really turned into an immortal cakewalk after 12h, but still 66h for everything there is in the game without skipping any dialogue? Damn, was hoping to really play this game for a while, now I've got nothing to play

I have to agree.

Recently finished the game, only did the final mission after finishing every single side quest, event and buying every vehicle... 66h... I mean, i did play a melee berserker build that really turned into an immortal cakewalk after 12h, but still 66h for everything there is in the game without skipping any dialogue? Damn, was hoping to really play this game for a while, now I've got nothing to play
Yup, too short.

CP2077: A Telltale action adventure game.
God, how I miss the RPGs of old. Baldur's Gate 2, hell, even Dragon Age Origins... Final Fantasy 8 and 9, just some examples. Now THOSE were proper long journeys.

Good thing it isn't an RPG then, isn't it? ;)
Exactly. Anyone whom likes a good RPG wants it always to be extra long, and for the main story to trully explore to the maximum every single aspect of that world. They want it all.

Cyberpunk 2077 main story should actually be a long side quest chain. It's just way too rushed by script and linear to be the main story of the game.

Last edited:
The main story can be completed in less than 20 hours. CDPR lied saying that Cyberpunk 2077's main story is only slightly shorter than The Witcher 3. For a game that's been in development for 8 years, the main story should of been at least 30-40 hours long which would of been a lot more acceptable. This is so upsetting. :/
I agree in that the story is quite short.With my mind I was still just at the beginning of Act 2 when all of a sudden I had to say my goodbyes because I was going on a suicide mission.

i've completed the entire game, all quest, mark everything possible on the map buyed all cars and max lv in 82 hours. the game it's really too short
In terms of pure hours, it's only shorter than Witcher 3. CP77 is longer than any other CDPR game (on top of having the most detailed presentation). And it's without DLCs and expansions, which will probably add another 20+ hours. If Witcher 3 is anything to go by, since they promised to expect "nothing less".

In terms of pure hours, it's only shorter than Witcher 3. CP77 is longer than any other CDPR game (on top of having the most detailed presentation). And it's without DLCs and expansions, which will probably add another 20+ hours. If Witcher 3 is anything to go by, since they promised to expect "nothing less".
Yea, they did prove themselves wrong there, though, since this game is "less" then W3 in almost every aspect...

Yea, they did prove themselves wrong there, though, since this game is "less" then W3 in almost every aspect...
Yup. A much worse unfinished game in every single aspect except graphics (which are currently buggy and very poorly optimized). That is specially including the main story: quality, lenght, script, peaceing, choices, ending...

Guest 4529090

The main story can be completed in less than 20 hours. CDPR lied saying that Cyberpunk 2077's main story is only slightly shorter than The Witcher 3. For a game that's been in development for 8 years, the main story should of been at least 30-40 hours long which would of been a lot more acceptable. This is so upsetting. :/

The main story is definitely too short .
I absolutely love the writing and think it's what makes this game worth buying but the main storyline doesn't even last for 20 hours and it surely doesn't justify the 8 years worth of developement for this game .
I would have liked a longer storyline...something more like TES Morrowind talking about the size of the story .
The secondary quests are nice but let's be honest....there are only a few of them which actually feel unique ( Panam's , Rogue's , Kelly's , The Peralez' , the investigator dude's , ecc... ) , the others you get from your fixers or from the NCPD are the same copy-paste missions you just have to play for 200 times and they get boring fast .

The main quest is long enough. What it does wrong, is it hurries the player to finish it and is kinda detached from the rest of the world and what V does there.

It’s a main quest that’s seeminly not really designed for an open world game with a lot of content.

Fixing that with additional mission branches might work, but might also prove too big a task.

Last edited:
The main story is definitely too short .
I absolutely love the writing and think it's what makes this game worth buying but the main storyline doesn't even last for 20 hours and it surely doesn't justify the 8 years worth of developement for this game .
I would have liked a longer storyline...something more like TES Morrowind talking about the size of the story .
The secondary quests are nice but let's be honest....there are only a few of them which actually feel unique ( Panam's , Rogue's , Kelly's , The Peralez' , the investigator dude's , ecc... ) , the others you get from your fixers or from the NCPD are the same copy-paste missions you just have to play for 200 times and they get boring fast .
Feels like a good side quest chain, right? Nowhere near the type of experience I expect for a main storyline...

Yeah. Somewhere during the developement things got too mixed up and the goal obfuscated.

And yes, it’s not all about the story either. The whole direction is kinda off.
Like many on these forums I've been gaming a long time and we've all seen hit and misses just being gamers, most of us have seen some disasters but for me personally, after the heart break subsides from being so close as a fan, I can't recall a gaming train wreck as fascinating as this one and I think it's clear so many feel the same.

If I were a part of CDPR I would work towards putting together a film documentary showcasing the rise and fall of CP2077 and ending with the commitment to hopefully creating the rise again of Cyberpunk 2077 i.e. No Mans Sky style. Show the amazing plans and ideas from the start, talk about and show what they wanted to create as well as the struggles along the way and how it all fell apart. So many people are just mind blown with how it all went so wrong and I think explaining it from a heartfelt, genuine and honest place with transparency would go along way towards rebuilding trust and the image/reputation that was lost.

I like so many others had so much invested into CP2077 from an emotional and gamer perspective years before even seeing footage of the game and as things are it just leaves such a bitter and sour taste. Humans love a good story, even ones that involve their own suffering if it ends well or has some kind of lesson or redemption arc and ultimately that's what I see here, the hero's journey or at least the potential for it. I wish I could do more than yell like a scorned fan from the stands but we all have our roles.

Top Bottom