Cyberpunk 2077 is too short!

+

Do you believe CDPR should take the effort to make the main story of CP2077 longer (45h+)?

• Yes, they should make it a core improvement part of the next free DLCs and patches.

Votes: 41 26.5%
  • No, main story is long enough as it is.

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • They should make both the main quest much longer and also make side quest chains much longer.

Votes: 87 56.1%
  • I like short Call Of Duty single player, this game is too long, they should shorten it to 5~10h.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
One thought I had was that it'd be helpful if there was a crazy wall in V's apartment that kept track of what you've done and showed how they are interconnected and provided contextual links to all the messages and shards.

Of course if there isn't really much interconnection then not as interesting but it'd be more fun than just mass of data that piles up in your inventory.

I thought main story was long enough.
However, a game in development this long and felt like we were waiting for it so long.... I feel like I "finished" it way too fast. I've played 170+ hours, but just think I got it mid December and a month later and it's done.
I heard estimate times just before it came out and was very disappointed.

Maybe I'm just not use to off line single player games anymore.

The game is an open world RPG, a normal playthrough involves exploring most of optional dialogue options (not skip them of course), read documents, completing secondary quests and arcs, and exploring the world. Thus, you need 50 hours for a normal playthrough minimum. If you beat the game in 15 hours, you are playing wrongly, the game is not for you.

Too short, I never understand why the Devs prefer to please the majority who never finished TW3...

There is no attachment to the characters, little example : the dead of Jackie, how can I be sad when I barely know him ( I don't care how longer V know him... ) or the Jackie's mother, even if she considers us a son / daughter, she is a comlete stranger in the funeral...

The only moment when I felt emotions :
-Fustration when someone else kills Dexter (seriously the Devs could have made it a main quest, a very long search before we finally get revenge ....) (Besides I am more than frustrated I am very disappointed...)

Even I never player TW1 and TW2 , I cared Ciri because the long quest and story in the TW3 made gradually grew an attachment...

Sorry to say but I think the Devs lost their magic touch in CP2077....

Just for info, I stopped playing CP2077 a few hours ago (completely lost interest), I will come back maybe in a few months or not, it will depend on the Devs and the DLCS (at least it made me want to play it again at the first WatchDogs )

These are the facts to me. Not intending to beat up on any devs or CDPR; just stating what I'm seeing and experienced.

It does looks like Cyberpunk is significantly shorter than TW3 per HowLongToBeat data. Median for Cyberpunk is at 20hrs for main story, 50hrs + extras. For perspective, TW3 median is 50hrs not accounting for DLC or extras.

As more players are polled for Cyberpunk, we'll get closer and closer to the true median. I'm expecting the time to complete to converge around 20hrs. Simple stats.

Disagree that players were intentionally lied too; we were told it would be shorter. But it is much shorter. My anecdotal experience: in relation to time, when I got to the point of no return in CP2077; it did feel like I had just gotten through midway to
finding Ciri in TW3
Didn't expect at all that I was only 1.5 hours from completing the whole story! Woah!

Yes, there's plenty side quests to do in CP2077. In that regard, it did feel like quantity beat out quality in a lot of cases. And in the really cool quests (you probably know the exact ones), there was much to be desired. I'll leave it at that. :shrug:

i love the storyline, more is always better
but im also opposed to crunch, so i think it shouldnt be longer

i hope they expand the story via dlc :)

I am soo angry with the storyline of this game. The prologues were great after seeing the opening credits after 6 hours. But in Act 1 should of been longer. Act 2 the game went downhill fast soo boring. Thought this game was going to be about defeating corporations, owing big houses and being rich. But no instead the whole Act 2 is about getting johnny out of your head and surviving the END. This campaign can be finished in 15 hours. This should of been 40-45 hours long main campaign for 8 years of development. I would of rather them get rid of all the boring gigs and side quests for main storyline.

I've been taking my time going though night city and I managed to do all the side quests, gigs etc. I only managed to get 80 hours out of this game.

I was honestly shocked that main story is so god damn short. Its literally like 7 missions and you are done.

There's so much potential in this game and I would rather have same story length as Wither 3 and not reach it than just play 7 missions and be done.

Please make game longer as currently even if I was defending you guys [...], I literally feel betraid and disapointed regarding game lenght...

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
Game is very good and i love to play it despite the bugs. But... the plot and characters are very well done and that's why it made me very sad how ridiculously short the main plot is! I thought that I am only at the beginning of the main story when ''Point of no return'' came and i was like WTH, this is it?!! The main plot really is quite ridiculously short!

Last edited:
Im fine with the length but thats not to say they could've done better with what was offered in the base game

I typically complete a playthrough anywhere between 30 -50 hours depending on the character/build i've done and for a base game thats more than satisfying for me with no doubt dlc/expansions extending that to possibly 70 - 100hours non completionist runs.

W3 time/length never bothered me either though i do recall alot of the main quests being put behind recommended lvls so even if i didn't want to i'd need to do side content to get myself up there, if it wasnt for them recommended lvls i have no doubt i'd complete the MQ just as fast

Skyrim MQ is easily complete in sub 6 hours

DAO easily sub 25
ME 1, 2 and 3 easily sub 25
DAI easily sub 30

Length of the MQ aint a problem, the "problem" is what surrounds it, for some its the world and the lack of features present for others the characters and the lack of interactivity or pure underdevelopment.

Fill the city in and develop the characters more and MQ wont be a problem in terms of length, how ppl perceive the MQ in its narrative form or how they liked/disliked it or characters involved is a different subject.

It took me around 120 hours of playing in CyberPunk (street kid character) in order to complete most of the missions, I did not complete only the fight missions because my hero could not win with other fighters

The main story can be completed in less than 20 hours. CDPR lied saying that Cyberpunk 2077's main story is only slightly shorter than The Witcher 3. For a game that's been in development for 8 years, the main story should of been at least 30-40 hours long which would of been a lot more acceptable. This is so upsetting. :/
The CoD cold war is even shorter and yet cost crazy stupid money

I also felt the game is too short. Main story is a handful of missions. They are long and complex but it's too little of them. I did 330 hours to complete RDR2 100%, and only 120 hours to finish everything in Cyberpunk 2077.

The main story is just too short. This whole “we shortened it so people could finish it” quote is bull crap. Those people shouldn’t play an immersive game like Witcher 3 if they only complain about it. Cyberpunk is one of the best games ever made in my opinion, other than the story is too short. It’s literally like 5 parts and done. The side missions were great, but I wanted more from that as well. Maybe I’m being selfish, but I wanted this game to last WAY longer and I got 70+ hours out of it. I did literally everything you could do with every life path. Still wanted more. That’s a testament to how good this game is and how much better it could be. Drove me crazy when I got to the part that said “there is no turning back”… I was like ALREADY?!? We wanted Witcher 3 length, didn’t get it. I really hope the DLC is huge and puts it more into Witcher 3 levels of story content. But again… I must stress, what they did was amazing! That’s why I want more. Much, much more.

The main story can be completed in less than 20 hours. CDPR lied saying that Cyberpunk 2077's main story is only slightly shorter than The Witcher 3. For a game that's been in development for 8 years, the main story should of been at least 30-40 hours long which would of been a lot more acceptable. This is so upsetting. :/

When I read the dev interview about W3 being too long and Cyberpunk being shorter I thought "That's fine. Make a shorter game, but offer more granularity and player choices".

Instead we got a much shorter game than W3 with LESS player choices, branches or meaningful decisions. I would even have been ok with a 20 hours main quest, if the quest had actually offered meaningful decisions and more player freedom and not just a ton of scripted events where V is forced to agree to everything and the player can only watch.

CP2077 is an on-rails story in a Potemkin village, with minimal interactivity and awful police, pedestrian and traffic AI. CDPR broke pretty much every promise they made in the interviews and trailers and underdelivered on every front (except for music and voice acting) and no patch or expansion will change that, cause the game is fundamentally broken at it's core - the story of a "dead man living on borrowed time" just does not work in a sandbox, open world environment where you can dick around for months in game time, doing whatever....

It's a shameful example how corporate greed and mismanagement destroyed a once good game studio and I love the irony that Cyberpunk's theme is about similar corporations.

I guess the moral of my post is… I know the devs said he wanted it to be more like an old school game where you could complete and move on. But his target audience is TW3… we like long immersive games. We came here for that reason. That’s what they fail to understand creating by that code. Not the code their target audience is use too, or wants. We want LONG, immersive, emotional. We got it all but the long part. Which I hope they fix. With all the effort and hype they made/created for this game, they are only doing themselves an injustice by not making it longer. All that hype for an amazing game that just isn’t long enough. Not even close. I mean we have cyberpunk tv, and anime, constant fixes all that… for a shorter than should be game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom