Cyberpunk 2077 languages list

+
Hello
is it true Cyberpunk 2077 will support Arabic language ?
like The witcher 3 ?
i hope yes

c73df07b-45f6-4a4c-9205-caad29b46469.jpg

3fc4b253-4591-4341-bd18-82b91ef2d1c7.jpg

Last edited:
It seems somewhat doubtful, since The Witcher 2 and 3 are voiced in only 7 languages, but have subtitles in about a dozen more. It makes sense to have more text-only languages than voiced ones. Voice acting is not cheap, and CP2077 is likely to have much more (I guess between 2 to 4 times) voice lines than TW3. But maybe there is a large demand for Cyberpunk in Korea.

For me, the Google translation also lists "Galic" as a voiced language, it could be an error in the translation. In any case, I can understand adding at least the Simplified Chinese, it is a large and growing market now, and could be more so with the eventual multiplayer. It is surprising though that there are only 6 subtitle-only languages.

Last edited:
I hope spoken language/subtitles aren't region locked, I absolutely hate games dubbed in portuguese, I would like to choose english language w/ pt-br subtitles or english subtitles if pt-br isn't an option or the translation isn't good.

Too bad latin american spanish is text only :(
neutral spanish sounds ridiculous
I'll select polish or german voice, then

I hope spoken language/subtitles aren't region locked, I absolutely hate games dubbed in portuguese, I would like to choose english language w/ pt-br subtitles or english subtitles if pt-br isn't an option or the translation isn't good.

If you're playing on a console, changing the system settings helps in changing the default languages games start with.

Really helped me to avoid the eyebleedingly bad Dutch translations some games add.

If you're playing on a console, changing the system settings helps in changing the default languages games start with.

Really helped me to avoid the eyebleedingly bad Dutch translations some games add.

PC here, but thanks anyway.. ;)

Wait wasn't the idea to have characters speak loads of different languages, and that you could communicate with them if you already speak the language in RL, and otherwise had to use a translation module in-game? Or was that abandoned?

Wait wasn't the idea to have characters speak loads of different languages, and that you could communicate with them if you already speak the language in RL, and otherwise had to use a translation module in-game? Or was that abandoned?

This is what I found on that subject. No confirmations yet, but the idea is (was) indeed very interesting. And ambitious.

Yes, but it was just an idea and one of the many on top of that, as stated by the dev who said that originally, so they never said this is how they are going to approach localisation in the game. So far one article about post E3 2018 demo impressions mentioned something about developers including an option giving you a choice between full dubbing and having all NPC's in the game speaking in their native languages, so then you're going to have Japanese speaking in Japanese, Americans in English, Poles in Polish and so on, but I don't think I saw that feature mentioned anywhere else, so I wouldn't be completely sure about it.

EDIT: Apparently the author of the above mentioned article made a mistake by getting it confused with another game (Tomb Raider), which will include an option like that. So for now we don't have any informations about how exactly are they going to approach different languages in the game.

Last edited:
It should be possible technically, since all lines are already available in all voiced languages. But normally only one language is downloaded for the voice files, since they take up a large amount of disk space. Subtitle files are small, so those are always downloaded in all languages. It would not be too hard to create a "native" voice language option that combines lines from various languages, even if it has to be downloaded as a separate pack, the extra work is tagging every line of dialogue with the correct native language. But with the translator chip, you also need everything in English or whatever language you choose.

Technically, they could make a "default English version", where V and all non-foreigners (or English speaking foreigners) speak English (with or without an accent), while foreigners speak their native languages (fully voiced). Then, for the Polish version, for example, they could replace all English speakers with Polish actors, but leave all foreign languages. So that Soviets would speak Russian, Hispanics - Spanish and so on. The same approach for all other key languages. That way you technically do not nead to download the whole voice pack, just the basic portion. And using a potential "translation cyberware" you'd get an on-screen (on-hud) translation in subs.

Not sure how practical that would be, it's just a thought.

EDIT: Apparently the author of the above mentioned article made a mistake by getting it confused with another game (Tomb Raider), which will include an option like that. So for now we don't have any informations about how exactly are they going to approach different languages in the game.

I see. Well, that's unfortunate.

Last edited:
I wander if one of the abilities you get in the game is the ability to translate the languages in the game into your language which might be English,French,Japanese,Greek,Brazilian with or without subtitles.

It seems somewhat doubtful, since The Witcher 2 and 3 are voiced in only 7 languages, but have subtitles in about a dozen more.

Cyberpunk will (from what CDPR said) feature some part with different languages, requiring specific chips to understand them (if you're not natively speaker), I wouldn't be surprised they'd traduce every dialogs in a lot of language and play with it after in-game, before release (with all language already packed in the game), it would make sense.

If you play english and you need a spanish chip, the spanish play would just make it work the oposite way.

Top Bottom