Cyberpunk 2077 Lost 79% of its Players in the First Month

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why did CDPR themselves stop calling it an RPG and instead called it a "action adventure". CDPR knows its not an RPG, I know its not an RPG and most people know its not an RPG.

Then why is it still branded as such on Steam? Why is it still branded as such on GOG? Why is it still branded as such on the EPIC store? Why is it still branded as such on Best Buy? If I remember correctly it was Vatier (CDPR) who came onto the forums and confirmed it's still very much an RPG, why?

I can ask questions you can't answer too y'know.

If you look objectively at the game, it is an RPG.
Post automatically merged:

I played linear and single-player games like Amnesia series, Last of US series, Shadow of Colossus, Uncharted series, Half Life 1&2, Bioshock 1&2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Hitman 1,2&3 Max Payne 1 & 2, NFS Most Wanted, Crysis 1,2 &3, Metro series, F.e.a.r Series, Resident Evil series multiple times cuz' they are good.

You're both assuming that since you do it, others should to.

Replayability is a HIGHLY subjective thing.

My experience is closer to Attila's. I drop SP games once I finish them and very, very, rarely revisit them.

I'm sorry but this is just plain wrong.

A role playing game is a game that thrusts you into a role and it's story and makes it it's core element. That's it. That's all you need for a game to become an RPG. By it's literal definition, Cyberpunk is an RPG. Whether you like it or not.

The problem is that RPGs have evolved massively since their original inception. We've come to expect certain features and possibilities within them. Be it world interactivity, player agency, customization, etc. Those didn't always exist. The further back you go in time the less games had any of those. If you go back far enough, you were barely offered any dialogue choices and classes.

By your definition, we'd have to remove the RPG tag from half of history's RPGs. That's really all it is, your definition and expectations of what an RPG should be. By your definition the entire Final Fantasy series are not RPGs despite being branded as such for decades AND defining the genre at different points in time. That's just one quick example of 13 games (15-2MMOs) that would just have to be rebranded because you think so?

Now, CP2077 is definitely very light on many of the RPG elements we've come to expect out of modern RPGs but that does not invalidate the fact that it is an RPG.

LOL.
By this definition every games its an RPG.
Bioshock thrusts you into the role of Jack and it's story and makes it it's core element. Therefore Bioshock its an RPG?:)))
The logic hurts my brain. :LOL:

Then why is it still branded as such on Steam? Why is it still branded as such on GOG? Why is it still branded as such on the EPIC store? Why is it still branded as such on Best Buy? If I remember correctly it was Vatier (CDPR) who came onto the forums and confirmed it's still very much an RPG, why?

If you look objectively at the game, it is an RPG.

You're both assuming that since you do it, others should to.

Replayability is a HIGHLY subjective thing.

My experience is closer to Attila's. I drop SP games once I finish them and very, very, rarely revisit them.
Q :Common are u not replaying mostly the games u like? :sneaky:

LOL.
Bioshock thrusts you into a role and it's story and makes it it's core element. Therefore Bioshock its an RPG?:)))
The logic hurts my brain. :LOL:

Bioshock being an RPG has been an on-going debate for a long time. It's definitely an hybrid.

If you look it up on Steam, it's actually branded as an RPG.

Logic might not be why your brain hurts :shrug:

I played linear and single-player games like Amnesia series, Last of US series, Shadow of Colossus, Uncharted series, Half Life 1&2, Bioshock 1&2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Hitman 1,2&3 Max Payne 1 & 2, NFS Most Wanted, Crysis 1,2 &3, Metro series, F.e.a.r Series, Resident Evil series multiple times cuz' they are good.
That's very common with good games, 80% of gamers don't abandon good games in a few weeks because its single player or story driven.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Then why did CDPR themselves stop calling it an RPG and instead called it a "action adventure". CDPR knows its not an RPG, I know its not an RPG and most people know its not an RPG.
because that's what IGN and other reviewers called it. And IGN only says what the mayority of people wants to hear. That's just how things work. (Which isn't necessarily bad.)

Last edited:
Q :Common are u not replaying mostly the games u like? :sneaky:

Of course I only replay games I like. Why would I replay a game I didn't like? The premise of your question is absurd.

What I said is, no matter how much I liked an SP game - the chances of me replaying it after I finished it are close to none and in 99.9% of cases simply doesn't happen.

Bioshock being an RPG has been an on-going debate for a long time. It's definitely an hybrid.

If you look it up on Steam, it's actually branded as an RPG.

Logic might not be why your brain hurts :shrug:

LOL.
Bioshock RPG. :)) HAving some elements of RPG does not make it RPG. Like Cyberpunk having some FPS elements does not make it a first person shooter.

1610210771531.png

Last of Us thrusts you into the role of Ellie and it's story and makes it it's core element. Therefore LAst of US its an RPG?:)))
The logic still hurts my brain. :LOL:

Last edited:
LOL.
Last of Us thrusts you into the role of Ellie and it's story and makes it it's core element. Therefore LAst of US its an RPG?:)))
The logic still hurts my brain. :LOL:

FF1, FF2, FF3, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, Chrono Cross, the list goes on, do not contain customization, do not let you make real choices, do not allow you to craft your own character, etc. Therefore, not RPGs?

Logic is not what's hurting your brain.

EDIT: Nice ninja edit, again, go look on Steam. It's branded as such. Make a research for debate about Bioshock being an RPG. You'll see that it's a long standing debate. The fact you disagree does not negate anything.

FF1, FF2, FF3, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, Chrono Cross, the list goes on, do not contain customization, do not let you make real choices, do not allow you to craft your own character, etc. Therefore, not RPGs?

Logic is not what's hurting your brain.
Don't change the subject. I did not said Cyberpunk its not an RPG. I said if we accept about premise 1 being true. Don't bore me.
Let's forget about Bioshock. Maybe was not the best example for my point.
Sir conform your definition of RPG Last of US is an RPG, no?
Q: So its the definition correct?

Steam describes it (advertises) as a open world action adventure as CDPR does on Twitter but lists it with an RPG tag. I think it's obvious they describe it for what it is but tag it as an RPG to bring it up in search queries.
Screenshot_20210109-114510_kindlephoto-105800321.png

As for GOG, they list "Action" first and describe it as an "open world action adventure". Give it up homie, Cyberpunk 2077 is not an RPG.

Screenshot_20210109-115203_kindlephoto-106304440.png

Screenshot_20210109-115203_kindlephoto-106200505.png

Steam describes it (advertises) as a open world action adventure as CDPR does on Twitter but lists it with an RPG tag. I think it's obvious they describe it for what it is but tag it as an RPG to bring it up in search queries.
View attachment 11135030

As for GOG, they list "Action" first and describe it as an "open world action adventure". Give it up homie, Cyberpunk 2077 is not an RPG.

View attachment 11135036

View attachment 11135033
They lied to us being RPG. Then change it to Action-Adventure.

Then, answer me first as I submitted this to you a page ago.

Are you saying the ENTIRE Final Fantasy series are not RPGs?
I did not said that was the definition.
I said if we accept premise 1 as true. Thefore if we accept that definition as true.
I was not making a statement like you.

So please don't avoid.

Sir conform your definition of RPG Last of US is an RPG, no?

Q: So its the definition correct?

My proposed definition keeps The Witcher series, Gothic series, Dragon Age series, Mass Effect series, Vampire The Masquarade series, Kotor series, The Two World series, Elder Scrolls Series, Fallout Series in the RPG genre but lets FF games out from the genre. Buhuhu:)))
But with your definition every game with a story in which u play a protagonist is a RPG.

Q: Who is more wrong? Me or u? :sneaky:

Last edited:
This thread doesn't have much of a point, other than to try to fuel negativity with a clickbait title. Might as well close when it's just an endless, off-topic debate at this point -- and a personal skirmish as well.

"It's (not) an RPG" has its own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom