Cyberpunk 2077 Lost 79% of its Players in the First Month

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really that bad? I replayed Gothic 2 Notr, K.O.T.O.R, Dragon Age Origins, Witcher 3, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines like 3-5 times each.

Ofc you can try different game styles (I have 20 Int, 18 reflex, 16 cool and 12 body, 5 tech) and I don't feel like do the story again at the moment (it was very emotional journey for me, especialy the ending almost made me cry). I will wait for DLCs, updates and will take another run.

It's really that bad? I replayed Gothic 2 Notr, K.O.T.O.R, Dragon Age Origins, Witcher 3, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines like 3-5 times each. All singleplayer games.

It is. The OST is somewhat good though. Bugs aside, the game is really shallow, full of cringy and edgy dialogues that I could expect from an high schooler at best. The AI is non-existant, the police is laughable at best ( no chase, no driving, just insta teleporting wherever you are ), npcs do not have routines or just keep going in circles/stupid routes. Also, you are the only person with a BYKE in the ENTIRE city, so much for a belivable world.
Customization is basically null, most perks are just +% with no real impact. You can't even customize your appearance ( bodywise ) and your hair. Balance is all over the place.
Could keep going, but you get my point.

It's really that bad? I replayed Gothic 2 Notr, K.O.T.O.R, Dragon Age Origins, Witcher 3, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines like 3-5 times each. All singleplayer games.

It isn't that bad. It's not even bad, it's got bugs, but the core game and story is of very high quality and there is a lot of replay value. There are whole quest lines that can play differently, you can build your character differently, you can change your voice. I can see at least 2 solid playthroughs.

People are just overreacting like hell. Look at the comments, some dude played 90 hours and is disappointed. He got 90 hours of entertainment for 60 bucks and it's still not good enough for him. The levels of entitlement are reaching the shadow realm at this point.

Last edited:
It isn't that bad. It's not even bad, it's got bugs, but the core game and story is of very high quality and there is a lot of replay value. There are whole quest lines that can play differently, you can build your character differently, you can change your voice. I can see at least 2 solid playthroughs.

People are just overreacting like hell. Look at the comments, some dude played 90 hours and is disappointed. He got 90 hours of entertainment for 60 bucks and it's still not good enough for him. The levels of entitlement are reaching the shadow realm at this point.

Lol what?
The only quest line that played differently was just the first one with the Flathead and even there the outcome was basically the same. ( Also no reaction if you kill Royce )
You can change your voice what? Only at character creation and the difference is minimal. Saying the core game is of high quality is being blind at its best, because if that's what you call high quality in 2020 then I'm scared to ask about what games you played before this. 1 Playthrough at most, then see the other endings on youtube ( no really difference between them btw ) and spare yourself the chore of playing through this mess.

My few problem so far it's the game it's unplayable for me, looks bad blurry, hazy, texture not loading, the police AI seems stupid and broken.
It's not entitlement to be angry the game it's not playable after paying for it.

Also the quality of games have went down. The gaming sphere its full of broken, unfinished, boring products. Games seems more and more full of paid walls, loot boxes, tons of paid/free Dlcs, of patches, early access, betas, alphas, yearly releases of basically same thing, obbsesion with mobile, online, payable customizables(500 hundreds of dollar for a thingy in Dota 2, a digital knife in Cs go(I paid 300 dollar less for my real FKMD Spartan 2 Bayonet Leonida) , subscriptions, battle royal.

Maybe you haven't played older games which in my opinion beside graphics and some time gameplay mechanics were better.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Vampire Bloodlines, Amnesia the Dark Descent, Pathologic have great atmosphere surpassing and shaming many of todays including Cyberpunk 2077.
Thief 2, F.E.A.R, Max Payne 3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R(The A-Life from STALKER is one of the best AIs ever made. ) have very good AI surpassing and shaming many of todays games including Cyberpunk 2077.
Half Life 2, GTA 4 have great physics surpassing and shaming many todays games including Cyberpunk 2077.
Dragon Age 2, K.O.T.O.R have great RPG elements surpassing and shaming many todays games including Cyberpunk 2077.
Battlefield 3, Doom have great shooting mechanics surpassing and shaming many todays games including Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:

Guess we will see more and more of such behaviors from now on. Given how the locust swarm reacted to other games recently, it's a trend (see The Last of Us 2 - hell even Game of Thrones ! Before the finale you just COULDN'T critisize anything about the series, even when it was not up to the work of GRRM like during the Dornish plot - yet lemmings did a 180 after the finale and trashed it like it was the worst series ever and entitled themselves to end the writers carreers... writers who may not be good with original ideas but who did a fairly fine job when they were adapting the source material).

No middle grounds. Either love to the death or hate it until there's nothing left of it. Just follow what some random youtuber or streamer tells you to without analyzing anything. You'll be a good consumer.

Like those stats ? First, the obvious, the numbers were higher than the Witcher 3 as most already stated and the remaining players are still far more numerous than the Witcher 3 ones.
Plus, it's the end of the holiday season for most of us so people don't stay at home to play all day long. Give it some context and you'll understand how perfectly normal and expected that is.
Third, it's a single player game, most of its players stop playing after sinking in 80+ hours, which is already a great value for a 60$ game. Holiday season gave people time to play it to see the end, so most of them already finished the game at least once.

But I guess it's easier to just post some random clickbait articles / videos, with people with not enough judgement to have their own opinions blindly following what their hear because it's fun. They're not even interested in fixing or salvaging what could be, they're just here for the giggles and that's all.

Can't wait for the swarm to move on to their next target.

Guess we will see more and more of such behaviors from now on. Given how the locust swarm reacted to other games recently, it's a trend (see The Last of Us 2 - hell even Game of Thrones ! Before the finale you just COULDN'T critisize anything about the series, even when it was not up to the work of GRRM like during the Dornish plot - yet lemmings did a 180 after the finale and trashed it like it was the worst thing ever and entitled themselves to end the writers carreers... writers who may not be good with original ideas but who did a fairly fine job when they were adapting the source material).

No middle grounds. Either love to the death or hate it until there's nothing left of it. Just follow what some random youtuber or streamer tells you to without analyzing anything. You'll be a good consumer.

Like those stats ? First, the obvious, the numbers were higher than the Witcher 3 as most already stated and the remaining players are still far more numerous than the Witcher 3 ones.
Plus, it's the end of the holiday season for most of us so people don't stay at home to play all day long. Give it some context and you'll understand how perfectly normal and expected that is.
Third, it's a single player game, most of its players stop playing after sinking in 80+ hours, which is already a great value for a 60$ game. Holiday season gave people time to play it to see the end, so most of them already finished the game at least once.

But I guess it's easier to just post some random clickbait articles / videos, with people with not enough judgement to have their own opinions blindly following what their hear because it's fun. They're not even interested in fixing or salvaging what could be, they're just here for the giggles and that's all.

Can't wait for the swarm to move on to their target.

Wow, talking about entitled. You do realize that most people that are criticizing the game played it first, right?
Also, don't try to even put TLOU2 on the same ground, that was just a matter of some jerks that couldn't get over Joel's death and started to spit shit after. Here we are talking about a broken game and a liar company, I guess it's easier to put the blame on the players now than stopping treating CDPR like gods.

Guess we will see more and more of such behaviors from now on. Given how the locust swarm reacted to other games recently, it's a trend (see The Last of Us 2 - hell even Game of Thrones ! Before the finale you just COULDN'T critisize anything about the series, even when it was not up to the work of GRRM like during the Dornish plot - yet lemmings did a 180 after the finale and trashed it like it was the worst series ever and entitled themselves to end the writers carreers... writers who may not be good with original ideas but who did a fairly fine job when they were adapting the source material).

Cancel culture has indeed infected gaming now.

Wow, talking about entitled. You do realize that most people that are criticizing the game played it first, right?
Also, don't try to even put TLOU2 on the same ground, that was just a matter of some jerks that couldn't get over Joel's death and started to spit shit after. Here we are talking about a broken game and a liar company, I guess it's easier to put the blame on the players now than stopping treating CDPR like gods.
Last of US 2 is very polished solid game. Runs great on last gen consoles and looks great.

Didn't treated CDPR like gods in my reply. Read it again, you'll get it. Don't know where you get that idea from.

It's a reality that the quality of games have went down. The gaming sphere its full of broken, unfinished, boring products. Games seems more and more full of paid walls, loot boxes, tons of paid/free Dlcs, of patches, early access, betas, alphas, yearly releases of basically same thing, with dull big empty worlds, obbsesion with mobile, online, payable customizables(500 hundreds of dollar for a thingy in Dota 2, a digital knife in Cs go(I paid 300 dollar less for my real FKMD Spartan 2 Bayonet Leonida) , subscriptions, battle royal.

Cyberpunk 2077 its not that great though.

Maybe you haven't played older games which in my opinion beside graphics and some time gameplay mechanics were better.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Vampire Bloodlines, Amnesia the Dark Descent, Pathologic have great atmosphere surpassing and shaming many of todays including Cyberpunk 2077.
Thief 2, F.E.A.R, Max Payne 3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R(The A-Life from STALKER is one of the best AIs ever made. ) have very good AI surpassing and shaming many of todays games including Cyberpunk 2077.
Half Life 2, GTA 4 have great physics surpassing and shaming many todays games including Cyberpunk 2077.
Dragon Age, K.O.T.O.R have great RPG elements surpassing and shaming many todays games including Cyberpunk 2077.
Battlefield 3, Doom have great shooting mechanics surpassing and shaming many todays games including Cyberpunk 2077.

Its not a surprise that my favorites 4 things I played were mods made by one or several people( Enderal: Forgotten Stories, Fallout New California, The Mist, Cry of Fear) and not AAA games .
They seemed to me more polished than Cyberpunk 2077 which is a sad statement.

Last edited:
Who cares? If you don't like the game, move on, there's a million others. I thoroughly enjoy the game on a gaming rig so sure, I guess I got lucky with super high framerate and beautiful vistas and happen to love this mix of Witcheresque forceful storytelling, amazing sidequests, good character design
(poor mr. Welles.. do love his motorcycle though)
, a genuine cyberpunk universe ambiance, fun combat (can't wait to replay the game as a different class), Akira vibe..

It feels like the Deus Ex we never got, after the good one. Sorry but negative messages like this are so pointless because if you hate the game you hate it anyway, and if you love it nothing, and I mean nothing is going to change that.

See you in Night City, chooms.

Lol what?
The only quest line that played differently was just the first one with the Flathead and even there the outcome was basically the same. ( Also no reaction if you kill Royce )
You can change your voice what? Only at character creation and the difference is minimal. Saying the core game is of high quality is being blind at its best, because if that's what you call high quality in 2020 then I'm scared to ask about what games you played before this. 1 Playthrough at most, then see the other endings on youtube ( no really difference between them btw ) and spare yourself the chore of playing through this mess.

Wrong. There are different outcomes in many quests. Depending on your choices side quests can go very different. Almost every single side quest has different outcomes, even the racing one can have a different ending depending on your choices. Real choices shouldn't come with glowing neon signs, that's bad story telling. The story in CP2077 is so well told you can't even notice your playthrough has gone way different than someone else because every branching path is very well developed it all looks like one story, as it should. But if you look at the choices someone else has made, you will find that many other things have happened. After finishing my first playthrough and looked at videos on the internet I've found people who have reached different conclusions to the quests I did, some I didn't even think were possible.

It's a reality that the quality of games have went down. The gaming sphere its full of broken, unfinished, boring products. Games seems more and more full of paid walls, loot boxes, tons of paid/free Dlcs, of patches, early access, betas, alphas, yearly releases of basically same thing, with dull big empty worlds, obbsesion with mobile, online, payable customizables(500 hundreds of dollar for a thingy in Dota 2, a digital knife in Cs go(I paid 300 dollar less for my real FKMD Spartan 2 Bayonet Leonida) , subscriptions, battle royal.

Cyberpunk 2077 its not that great though.

Dragon Age 2, K.O.T.O.R have great RPG elements surpassing and shaming many todays games including Cyberpunk 2077.

Its not a surprise that my favorites 4 things I played were mods made by one or several people( Enderal: Forgotten Stories, Fallout New California, The Mist, Cry of Fear) and not AAA games .
They seemed to me more polished than Cyberpunk 2077 which is a sad statement.

You sir got it right.

Who cares? If you don't like the game, move on, there's a million others. I thoroughly enjoy the game on a gaming rig so sure, I guess I got lucky with super high framerate and beautiful vistas and happen to love this mix of Witcheresque forceful storytelling, amazing sidequests, good character design
(poor mr. Welles.. do love his motorcycle though)
, a genuine cyberpunk universe ambiance, fun combat (can't wait to replay the game as a different class), Akira vibe..

It feels like the Deus Ex we never got, after the good one. Sorry but negative messages like this are so pointless because if you hate the game you hate it anyway, and if you love it nothing, and I mean nothing is going to change that.

See you in Night City, chooms.
I can't play the game for example. It's unplayable. Should i just move on. Pay hundreds of dollars on games to EA, Activision, Bethesda, Ubisoft, now CDPR and when they are broken, unplayable, boring rewashed things, full of loot boxes, paid walls, unfinished full of paid dlcs, cosmetics. I should just take it and just throw money in the wind. Cuz money grow on trees, huh. :)))
The lack of logic, reactivity breaks my brain.

I can't play the game for example. It's unplayable. Should i just move on. Pay hundreds of dollars on games to EA, Activision, Bethesda, Ubisoft, now CDPR and when they are broken, unplayable, boring rewashed things, full of loot boxes, paid walls, unfinished full of paid dlcs, cosmetics. I should just take it and just throw money in the wind. Cuz money grow on trees, huh. :)))
The lack of logic, reactivity breaks my brain.
Console player? If yes wait for big patches comming this and next month. There is still hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom