Cyberpunk 2077 Lost 79% of its Players in the First Month

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I get, trust me I get it, but defending it all cost will amount to nothing.
Also, cancel culture my ass, this was a blatant scam and people have all the rights to complain about it.

It is, did I say it was not?

I wasn't defending the game at all costs. Wasn't even talking about the game inner qualities per se, but about the clickbait article. Nothing to do with the game state. Take a look at my post history if you will, you'll see I got issues with the game despite enjoying it.
I was just stating the obvious : the game is far from perfect but discarding everything CDPR did in CP for the sake of hating is just as childish (maybe even worse) as "defending it at all costs", to quote you. The game has both very weak spots and very strong assets.
I was specifically talking about "no middle grounds" for a reason. Nowadays the way online sites or youtube work require a clear statement / opinion understandable over a few minutes of reading/viewing. Most viewers won't spend much time online and they need to be spoonfed with opinions and arguments they can easily reuse. It eventually promotes those toxic behaviors or either LOVING or HATING without being even able to understand the context behind things or being able to know that most things, in a grown up world, are in shades of gray and not entirely black or white.
My whole statement was to point how bad this can snowball and affect everything, from a whole industry to smaller devs who end up getting death threats and such.

Last edited:
Console player? If yes wait for big patches comming this and next month. There is still hope.
No I am playing on pc. Ryzen 1700 + Rx 580 + 16 GB 3200 Mhz.
Post automatically merged:

I wasn't defending the game at all costs. Just saying the obvious : the game is far from perfect but discarding everything CDPR did in CP for the sake of hating is just as childish as "defending it at all costs", to quote you.
I was talking about "no middle grounds" for a reason. Nowadays the way online sites or youtube work require a clear statement understandable over a few minutes of reading/viewing. It promotes those toxic behaviors or either LOVING or HATING.
My whole statement was to point how bad this can snowball and affect everything, from a whole industry to smaller devs who end up getting death threats and such.
The problem is was hyped as the new coming of Jesus in many aspects besides story and characters.
It does not excel in anything except maybe story telling and characters.

This is single player game, what do they expect ?

Clickbait for kindergartens.
They might have expected a second playthrough of a different life path to have differences...but that's just a wild guess.

Cyberpunk has 10k viewers on Twitch this minute.

Chess has 14k. This game is less entertaining than Chess.
It's also much less entertaining than internet forums.

I wasn't defending the game at all costs. Wasn't even talking about the game inner qualities per se, but about the clickbait article. Nothing to do with the game state. Take a look at my post history if you will, you'll see I got issues with the game despite enjoying it.
I was just stating the obvious : the game is far from perfect but discarding everything CDPR did in CP for the sake of hating is just as childish (maybe even worse) as "defending it at all costs", to quote you. The game has both very weak spots and very strong assets.
I was specifically talking about "no middle grounds" for a reason. Nowadays the way online sites or youtube work require a clear statement / opinion understandable over a few minutes of reading/viewing. Most viewers won't spend much time online and they need to be spoonfed with opinions and arguments they can easily reuse. It eventually promotes those toxic behaviors or either LOVING or HATING without being even able to understand the context behind things or being able to know that most things, in a grown up world, are in shades of gray and not entirely black or white.

Who discarded everything CDPR did in CP? I even said the ost is kinda good. It's not that it's far from perfect, the game is far from being a game and was sold at 60 bucks still being at alpha state. It snowballed right, but who's fault is this? CDPR spent literally YEARS on twitter hyping the game while throwing shit at other companies and glorying itself ( we are the good guys, we leave greed to others ). And a bunch of morons sending death threats it not an excuse, hell 10 minutes on social media will get you that and more.

Cyberpunk is too complex. People switch to chess to chill out.
I actually stopped and went to play chess instead. the meme is real.

There is another thing.

Witcher 3 is easy to play just to chill and explore the map, while listening the fantastic emotional and calm ost.

Or you can always do some gwent. Go around and compliment people, see the chicken, cows, ducks, and other animals doing their thing.

Nobody is bossing Geralt around.

But in Cyberpunk 2077 I feel like I'm always late for the next mission, nobody wants to talk to me, or are always calling me and asking things.
can't even learn what the fuck the big deal is with pachinko in wakako's parlor. The game doesn't want you in it.

I'm surprised anyone has completed it given the fact the game is unfinished and full of bugs. By surprised I mean I'm not sure why anyone would want to experience the game from beginning to end in its current state. Surely it'd be far more enjoyable to wait until bugs are fixed and features are finished. I stopped playing after 3 hours in and will likely not install it again for another year or so. I'm confident the wait will be worth it.

Game is just way too short for any adventure, let alone an RPG. Both main quest and side quests are rushed and you can feel points missing. Everything seems to end abruptly, be it side content or main story, like it was hard cut really. So many plot holes and unfinished arcs. No huge side quest chains, no long enduring journey with a rewarding hard earned ending. Just a mainstream very diluted plot full of unrealized potential and missed opportunities. And most people are feeling it, and not coming back or keep playing it as one is supossed to do with these kind of game (be it, GTA V, Elder Scrolls Morrowind/Oblivion, or Witcher 3... in all those games people have way more content, way more interesting and longer side activities with the exception of maybe three or four cliffhanger ending sidequests in CP2077 if that much at all. And those are juat some examples).

Last edited:
Normally I'd agree with your sentiments. People tend to go to one extreme or the other and there is no middle ground in debate, especially online. We live in an age where "hate" is tossed around casually and without any thought of consequence. However I don't blame people for leaning towards the extreme end of the spectrum where CPPR are concerned. They blatantly lied to customers. They scammed customers. They forced reviewers to provide misleading information in order to get people buying their game. This behaviour is no better than the scammers who call you to try to sell you security software just to take your money. It's abhorrent behaviour and people have every right to be angry. Anyone defending this on any level should be ashamed of themselves for encouraging such behaviour.

It isn't that bad. It's not even bad, it's got bugs, but the core game and story is of very high quality and there is a lot of replay value. There are whole quest lines that can play differently, you can build your character differently, you can change your voice. I can see at least 2 solid playthroughs.

People are just overreacting like hell. Look at the comments, some dude played 90 hours and is disappointed. He got 90 hours of entertainment for 60 bucks and it's still not good enough for him. The levels of entitlement are reaching the shadow realm at this point.

Sometimes it feels like people getting payed to say only good things about this game.

I would like to ask you some questions.

Do you think Cyberpunk 2077 is a PRODUCT?
Do you think a car is a PRODUCT?
If you pay full price for both products, what do you expect?
Why can we be mad and angry, when we dont get delivered what we payed for when we buy a car, but we get crucified if we are angry when we buy a game and do not get delivered what we payed for?
A person buys your defect product on the market and then you tell them to wait 2 years for you to repair it. What do you think is going to happen? (dont forget that they lied and hid things as well.)

We cannot even express our anger, without it getting called "next level of entitlement."
If you really think CDPR cares about us, you are wrong or else they wouldnt have done this.
This is just business and business only. You know what they see when they look at us? Money.
You know what they see in people mindlessly defending everything about this game? Even more money and potentially the wanted playerbase they can sell this half done game to, as well as future paid DLC's where you get all that cut content back.

Why do we gamers have to endure such treatment? Tell me this.

It isn't that bad. It's not even bad, it's got bugs, but the core game and story is of very high quality and there is a lot of replay value. There are whole quest lines that can play differently, you can build your character differently, you can change your voice. I can see at least 2 solid playthroughs.

People are just overreacting like hell. Look at the comments, some dude played 90 hours and is disappointed. He got 90 hours of entertainment for 60 bucks and it's still not good enough for him. The levels of entitlement are reaching the shadow realm at this point.
Sony has pulled the game from its store and is issuing refunds, something they almost never, ever do. That in itself tells the story of just how bad the game is. Pretending otherwise may fool yourself, but it's not going to fool the rest of us.

Who discarded everything CDPR did in CP? I even said the ost is kinda good. It's not that it's far from perfect, the game is far from being a game and was sold at 60 bucks still being at alpha state. It snowballed right, but who's fault is this? CDPR spent literally YEARS on twitter hyping the game while throwing shit at other companies and glorying itself ( we are the good guys, we leave greed to others ). And a bunch of morons sending death threats it not an excuse, hell 10 minutes on social media will get you that and more.

Again, wasn't talking about you. You came to answer to a post I made talking about the press article and the bombing on youtube.

Normally I'd agree with your sentiments. People tend to go to one extreme or the other and there is no middle ground in debate, especially online. We live in an age where "hate" is tossed around casually and without any thought of consequence. However I don't blame people for leaning towards the extreme end of the spectrum where CPPR are concerned. They blatantly lied to customers. They scammed customers.

Nobody's denying that. But it's one thing to yell about the PR thing, it's another entirely to say a game (so what's inside the product, its features, not the marketing BS) is all trash. Which is what most of those vids are promoting right now. There are some things done very well in the game and it should be stated, just as it should be stated that it's not okay to ship a game in this state.

Last edited:
Why do we gamers have to endure such treatment? Tell me this.

What do you mean? Probably 90% of all messages and topics in this forum right now are bashing CDPR and the game. There is almost no place for any positivity at all.

Clearly you are entitled to be angry for the game not meeting your expectations or CDPR even lying. If that's what you want to do go ahead, clearly that's what this forum has become since launch.

The game hasn't met some of my expectations as well, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the good things in it. So when I read a post blatantly lying to people who have clearly not played the game, I'm calling these people out.

The game has bugs, but it is NOT a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, so I'm not gonna let people misinform others and pretend like CP2077 is the worst game ever made. Don't you find it ridiculous that people who talk about how bad this game is have spent 100h playing it? If the game is so bad, why are they playing it so much?

I'm forced to defend the game because people are being dishonest. Stop being dishonest and start being objective for the bad things and the good things. And if you claim there are no good things in CP2077, then don't be surprised when people call you out.

Sony has pulled the game from its store and is issuing refunds, something they almost never, ever do. That in itself tells the story of just how bad the game is. Pretending otherwise may fool yourself, but it's not going to fool the rest of us.

Sony pulled CP2077 from it's stores to retaliate against CDPR trying to offer refunds. Sony itself is one of the most anti-consumer companies in the world. The reason they pulled the game isn't because the game is bad, it's because they would rather not sell the game than have to refund their customers.

Mark my word, the greed Sony is demonstrating now and the ruined relationship with CDPR will have bigger consequences for them than it will for CDPR. Just because Sony is bigger now and can bully CDPR doesn't mean they always will be and when the tables turn, they'll understand that slavs don't forget things like this.

I don't see why lost many players is a surprise. I mean, I like this game a lot but I'm not playing it after my firts playthrough and I can esaly see why many people also don't do it:

-the game doesn't have any replay value, assuming you make all the side quest in a firts playthrough you can achieve all the endings by simple load the after final mission save

-the game doesn't have different builds in the end, due to two factors, even in high difficulties builds are irrelevant as the game is very easy. Second, the game force you in scripted shooting fights, regardless you build a stealth or net runner builds. They should have learn from deux ex here, as they finally need to change the game in directors cut to make stealth builds viable again bosses. In cp these builds are only viable against bosses due to make the game totally casual.

-lack of content (not quality of content, I think this game actually bypass any other in quality of the content) despite this game have the better fillers content even created, gigs are still map fillers. Real main and side content is low compare to other games in the genre.

-force game mechanism, on favour of what more people actually play instead of what people expect from this genre, for example: looter shooter, that doesn't have a place in a game like this, third person only, that breaks with everything usually adopted in rpgs, map fillers (it was OK in w3 because the game have a lot of content besides this, but this game relay on that)

I enjoy a lot the game, make a 100 hours playthrough and don't regret pre-order it. But I don't think I will ever play this game again unless they released a very interesting expansion (and it should be very interesting, because despite I enjoy the game for sure I won't ever play a narrative high game in first person, don't be able to see your character emotions is game breaking for me)

What do you mean? Probably 90% of all messages and topics in this forum right now are bashing CDPR and the game. There is almost no place for any positivity at all.

Clearly you are entitled to be angry for the game not meeting your expectations or CDPR even lying. If that's what you want to do go ahead, clearly that's what this forum has become since launch.

The game hasn't met some of my expectations as well, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the good things in it. So when I read a post blatantly lying to people who have clearly not played the game, I'm calling these people out.

The game has bugs, but it is NOT a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, so I'm not gonna let people misinform others and pretend like CP2077 is the worst game ever made. Don't you find it ridiculous that people who talk about how bad this game is have spent 100h playing it? If the game is so bad, why are they playing it so much?

I'm forced to defend the game because people are being dishonest. Stop being dishonest and start being objective for the bad things and the good things. And if you claim there are no good things in CP2077, then don't be surprised when people call you out.

Sony pulled CP2077 from it's stores to retaliate against CDPR trying to offer refunds. Sony itself is one of the most anti-consumer companies in the world. The reason they pulled the game isn't because the game is bad, it's because they would rather not sell the game than have to refund their customers.

Mark my word, the greed Sony is demonstrating now and the ruined relationship with CDPR will have bigger consequences for them than it will for CDPR. Just because Sony is bigger now and can bully CDPR doesn't mean they always will be and when the tables turn, they'll understand that slavs don't forget things like this.

Slavs don't forget things like this... Oh the tables turned already by the way, because unless the players have the memory system of a bowl fish they will remember how the "slavs" treated them with this.
Nobody is forcing you to defend anything. You are probably trying to find a reason to justify the money spent on this alpha release ignoring the solid and valid criticism many players said about this game. That's how big the circlejerk of CDPR is.
Also Sony pulled CP2077 because apparently either the PR of CDPR or actual communication failed and Sony basically said " I'm done with this shit". That's where the problem lies. People like you act like CDPR is some sort of untouchable entity who only produces masterpieces while it's not. TW3 was the only good, and mind you just good, game they ever done, the rest is average at best ( try playing TW1 now , thronebreaker is actually kinda good though ).
Instead of calling people dishonest start calling this company dishonest.

You can complete all the meaningful activities in this game in a month, casually. After depleting that scripted content, it becomes glaringly obvious that Night City is dead. I don't think it's because people don't want to keep playing in the world... there is just no incentive.

Slavs don't forget things like this... Oh the tables turned already by the way, because unless the players have the memory system of a bowl fish they will remember how the "slavs" treated them with this.
Nobody is forcing you to defend anything. You are probably trying to find a reason to justify the money spent on this alpha release ignoring the solid and valid criticism many players said about this game. That's how big the circlejerk of CDPR is.
Also Sony pulled CP2077 because apparently either the PR of CDPR or actual communication failed and Sony basically said " I'm done with this shit". That's where the problem lies. People like you act like CDPR is some sort of untouchable entity who only produces masterpieces while it's not. TW3 was the only good, and mind you just good, game they ever done, the rest is average at best ( try playing TW1 now , thronebreaker is actually kinda good though ).
Instead of calling people dishonest start calling this company dishonest.

Oh so now The Witcher 3 is "only good" is it? Hilarious! The goal posts keep moving with each passing day.

I assure you friend, that I am very happy with my CP2077 purchase and am looking forward to updates and DLCs. Remember, just because you hate something, it doesn't mean anyone else should. I am perfectly capable of acknowledging the fact CDPR lied to release the game and it clearly is missing features, but that has so far not diminished my enjoyment of the game by much.

I have been a customer of CDPR since The Witcher 1 days and they have treated me well. I've enjoyed every single Witcher game, even The Witcher 1 which was quite interesting for it's time. The launch of CP2077 has been the only big blunder I've seen from the company and I'm not willing to stop being their customer just because they screwed up one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom