Cyberpunk 2077 Lost 79% of its Players in the First Month

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know what ppl expected? did ppl think the waiting time for the release was a prologue to the start of their real real life?

imho cyberpunk is worth every $ or € and i am really happy they finally released it.

yes, its more a beta 0.7 than a final version 1.0, but overall they delivered an excellent game, which will improve over the next months. i played through 100% of the game, experienced ~15-20 quest/game-breaking bugs plus a lot of other common bugs, but i still would rate it 9/10.

in the future cdpr should focus more on the product, than on marketing, merch and increasing a total overhype.

TW3 was the only good, and mind you just good, game they ever done, the rest is average at best ( try playing TW1 now , thronebreaker is actually kinda good though ).
Instead of calling people dishonest start calling this company dishonest.

Yet the Witcher 1 had far more branching storylines impacting the endings than the Witcher 3.
And the Witcher 2 was basically 2 games into one.
So no, the Witcher 3 might not be their best game at all if we use the same criterias people use to bash Cyberpunk to rank their previous games. Ironic isn't it.

You can complete all the meaningful activities in this game in a month, casually. After depleting that scripted content, it becomes glaringly obvious that Night City is dead. I don't think it's because people don't want to keep playing in the world... there is just no incentive.

Isn't that pretty much every game ever though?

The games I've played the most over the years are all games that you can exhaust in a few weeks - but I still go back and play them to this day.

Wing Commander Privateer, KOTOR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, The Witcher, Deus Ex, the list goes on.

can't even learn what the fuck the big deal is with pachinko in wakako's parlor. The game doesn't want you in it.

Cyberpunk 2077: "Everybody can do everything they want, except V."

I can't even buy a hot dog with the hot dog vendor.

Hot dog vendor: "As you're disturbing me with your presence, I shall sell you the same products the others do, except hot dogs, no hot dogs for you, have a nice day".

Most of them just stay there with arms crossed: "No, sir, I don't want your crafting exploit money"

Cops: "No bribery from you, mister, there's only death here, now stop mocking me with your stares!"

Sex Workers: "You shall have a 15 second awkward interaction. Now pay me."

Fixers: "Hey, merc, go fetch/kill this"
V: "what?"
Fixers: "Just read my text message while you're driving to the location I marked in the map"

Job clients to fixers: "What? No, God, you go talk to the merc, here, I pay you extra"

Cyberpunk 2077 game is very displeased with my presence, while in Witcher 3 always receives me with open arms.

The games I've played the most over the years are all games that you can exhaust in a few weeks - but I still go back and play them to this day.

Wing Commander Privateer, KOTOR, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, The Witcher, Deus Ex, the list goes on.

Agreed. CP is a story driven game, as were their previous games. If you're looking for a neverending game providing you with side activities along with some generic story ala Skyrim or GTA, I'm afraid it'll never (thankfully) be that.

Oh so now The Witcher 3 is "only good" is it? Hilarious! The goal posts keep moving with each passing day.

I assure you friend, that I am very happy with my CP2077 purchase and am looking forward to updates and DLCs. Remember, just because you hate something, it doesn't mean anyone else should. I am perfectly capable of acknowledging the fact CDPR lied to release the game and it clearly is missing features, but that has so far not diminished my enjoyment of the game by much.

I have been a customer of CDPR since The Witcher 1 days and they have treated me well. I've enjoyed every single Witcher game, even The Witcher 1 which was quite interesting for it's time. The launch of CP2077 has been the only big blunder I've seen from the company and I'm not willing to stop being their customer just because they screwed up one time.

And just because you like something doesn't mean anyone else should. See how it works both ways?
So you do actually like the combat in TW1? Or the VO?
TW2 was an improvement, then TW3 and it was a long fecth quest chain. By no means a bad game , just not a masterpiece. The only real competition for GOTY that year was Bloodborne and it's still a mistery how it did not even receive a nomination for its OST.

And just because you like something doesn't mean anyone else should. See how it works both ways?
So you do actually like the combat in TW1? Or the VO?
TW2 was an improvement, then TW3 and it was a long fecth quest chain. By no means a bad game , just not a masterpiece. The only real competition for GOTY that year was Bloodborne and it's still a mistery how it did not even receive a nomination for its OST.

The Witcher 3 is considered contender for game of the decade, it's a generational peak, but if you're not impressed that's up to you. I imagine not many games impress you.

The Witcher 1 launched almost 15 years ago and both looked and sounded great to my then ears. It also had quite the difficulty curve I remember struggling with, which is something I like in games. Obviously The Witcher 1 played today would look and sound dated, most old games do. Even Mass Effect 1 has some pretty janky dialogue.

What do you mean? Probably 90% of all messages and topics in this forum right now are bashing CDPR and the game. There is almost no place for any positivity at all.

Clearly you are entitled to be angry for the game not meeting your expectations or CDPR even lying. If that's what you want to do go ahead, clearly that's what this forum has become since launch.

The game hasn't met some of my expectations as well, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the good things in it. So when I read a post blatantly lying to people who have clearly not played the game, I'm calling these people out.

The game has bugs, but it is NOT a bad game by any stretch of the imagination, so I'm not gonna let people misinform others and pretend like CP2077 is the worst game ever made. Don't you find it ridiculous that people who talk about how bad this game is have spent 100h playing it? If the game is so bad, why are they playing it so much?

I'm forced to defend the game because people are being dishonest. Stop being dishonest and start being objective for the bad things and the good things. And if you claim there are no good things in CP2077, then don't be surprised when people call you out.

I am looking at it as objectively as i can and i have already said that the game has good elements, you would see and know that if you wouldnt skip half of what i wrote, like you did now.

You talk about "why do we hate it and still play 100h?". Maybe its because we payed good money for this game? Maybe its because we are trying to find good things and things that keep us playing this game?
Maybe we want to play the whole game and then make a decision on what we think about this game?

You know its so weird that people get called out for not playing the game and writing their opinion.
And then people get called out for playing the game and giving still a negative opinion.
Why is one so desperate to look for reasons to make people who have a negative opinion about this game look wrong or bad.

If i dont play 100h, you will say you didnt even play the game.
if i play 100h, you will say "well you played 100h so it must not be that bad."

See?

You are NOT forced to defend this game, because even players who have a negative opinion about this game can tell what is a lie and what is not.
And no, i dont need anyone or any youtuber to make up my own opinion of this game. It has become a great excuse of those who are defending this game just to make those who have a bad opinion about this game look wrong.

And yes clearly this is what this forum has become and i cant blame everyone for it, because those who do look at it objectively have a point and have a right to express their feelings, especially when getting screwed over.

The Witcher 3 is considered contender for game of the decade, it's a generational peak, but if you're not impressed that's up to you. I imagine not many games impress you.

The Witcher 1 launched almost 15 years ago and both looked and sounded great to my then ears. It also had quite the difficulty curve I remember struggling with, which is something I like in games. Obviously The Witcher 1 played today would look and sound dated, most old games do. Even Mass Effect 1 has some pretty janky dialogue.

Aaand so what? Considered by who? Voted where? By a bunch of people on twitter? There are many games that actually impress me and were ( some still are ) revolutionary for their time.
TW1 did not have a difficulty curve, it's combat system is simply horrible and counter-intuitive, basically a click-rhythim game.
Also no, very good games age well even if they are old.

All the games you named have replay value that CP2077 seemingly lacks. Some have fun minigames, others have alternate playable characters, or new game plus, or a dynamic open-world to interact with outside of the scripted content, or... just core gameplay mechanics that are fun to keep replaying just to get better at it.

CP2077, on the other hand - i feel like if you play it thoroughly the first time through, you kind of feel like you squeezed everything out of it, for the most part. I can only speak for myself, though.

I'm on my second playthrough on PC, first one was 80 hours on Xbox, due to high replayability of the game. Started playing 10th of December, when the game launched.

"Concurrent players in Steam" is not the same as "players". Poor journalism.

Aaand so what? Considered by who? Voted where? By a bunch of people on twitter? There are many games that actually impress me and were ( some still are ) revolutionary for their time.
TW1 did not have a difficulty curve, it's combat system is simply horrible and counter-intuitive, basically a click-rhythim game.
Also no, very good games age well even if they are old.

I mean if you ask me Icewind Dale 2 is the greatest game ever made, but that's a pretty niche opinion. The Witcher 3 has universal acclaim, both critics and users love the game, and it has won many awards over other great games. As to who decides these things, people decide. This is why we make these Top 10, 25, 50 lists. It doesn't really mean anything if you think about it, it's just indicative of how well a game has been received by an audience. And The Witcher 3 was received very well. :)

@Moxy3 As I said you are within your right to express your disappointment in the game and what CDPR did. However I don't believe anyone spends 100h in a single player game if he doesn't enjoy his time. Most people can tell if they like a game within the first several hours, but spending 100h looking for something to enjoy? I don't buy it.

The sunk cost fallacy works well in MMOs where you might get baited into investing time and money, and then feel you have to get your "money's worth". But that's much more unlikely in a single player game, imagine playing a game you hate 100 hours. I would struggle playing a game I hate even 1 hour.

Honestly I think most people secretly like the game, but have difficulty admitting that because they feel wronged by CDPR and that they will send the wrong message by showing their enjoyment. It's also currently almost considered uncool to like CP2077 and people are karma farming with memes and jokes.

Once the game gets patched up and updated, it will become more acceptable to like CP2077 and people will feel less peer pressure to hate it. I've found that western culture suffers especially by this mentality, when something is considered uncool people are really unwilling to put their names behind it, be it school pursuits, hobbies or whatever, if society has deemed it uncool then people feel ashamed to admit they like it.

All the games you named have replay value that CP2077 seemingly lacks. Some have fun minigames, others have alternate playable characters, or new game plus, or a dynamic open-world to interact with outside of the scripted content, or... just core gameplay mechanics that are fun to keep replaying just to get better at it.

CP2077, on the other hand - i feel like if you play it thoroughly the first time through, you kind of feel like you squeezed everything out of it, for the most part. I can only speak for myself, though.

Don't know if I agree with that. A completionist Mass Effect takes 30 hours and you literally do and find everything, and I must have played that over 30 times by now (I stopped counting a few years ago in the 20s) I'm on my third playthrough of Cyberpunk and I'm over 200 and still finding new stuff and new ways of doing things.

Either way - moot point - I think we all play our games very differently. For an open world game, it's the most invested I've been in, I've never enjoyed an open world game as much as this one.

Nonsense title. The only thing that happend is that everybody and their mother played the game after release. Now ppl just don't play 24/7 like they did, so the peak is lower. Doesn't mean Cyberpunk lost players.

Oh so now The Witcher 3 is "only good" is it? Hilarious! The goal posts keep moving with each passing day.

I assure you friend, that I am very happy with my CP2077 purchase and am looking forward to updates and DLCs. Remember, just because you hate something, it doesn't mean anyone else should. I am perfectly capable of acknowledging the fact CDPR lied to release the game and it clearly is missing features, but that has so far not diminished my enjoyment of the game by much.

I have been a customer of CDPR since The Witcher 1 days and they have treated me well. I've enjoyed every single Witcher game, even The Witcher 1 which was quite interesting for it's time. The launch of CP2077 has been the only big blunder I've seen from the company and I'm not willing to stop being their customer just because they screwed up one time.
All you're really achieving with posts like this is to publicly let the world know that you have no issues with being lied to, and no issues with companies scamming their customers. Basically as long as you enjoy the game, then that's all that matters and everything else is irrelevant.

Time to end the personal attacks and skirmishes. Rule #1 is, still, kindness and respect.
Disagreeing is fine, attacking others for having different opinions is not. Positive or negative, it makes no difference in that regard.

Most of the drop is because the game is so freaking short. Instead of all the filler quests I would have preferred more quest lines. They could of easily tied in the gigs they made and put in some kind of linking sub plot to make it exciting.

I hope that this game will get more content either for free or if substantial enough content to warrant additional funds as DLC. I don't want to this to end up like Mass Effect Andromeda where it got abandoned and left all the lose ends unresolved.

@Moxy3 As I said you are within your right to express your disappointment in the game and what CDPR did. However I don't believe anyone spends 100h in a single player game if he doesn't enjoy his time. Most people can tell if they like a game within the first several hours, but spending 100h looking for something to enjoy? I don't buy it.

The sunk cost fallacy works well in MMOs where you might get baited into investing time and money, and then feel you have to get your "money's worth". But that's much more unlikely in a single player game, imagine playing a game you hate 100 hours. I would struggle playing a game I hate even 1 hour.

Honestly I think most people secretly like the game, but have difficulty admitting that because they feel wronged by CDPR and that they will send the wrong message by showing their enjoyment. It's also currently almost considered uncool to like CP2077 and people are karma farming with memes and jokes.

Once the game gets patched up and updated, it will become more acceptable to like CP2077 and people will feel less peer pressure to hate it. I've found that western culture suffers especially by this mentality, when something is considered uncool people are really unwilling to put their names behind it, be it school pursuits, hobbies or whatever, if society has deemed it uncool then people feel ashamed to admit they like it.

I said playing 100h to experience the whole game and look for everything good. If the sidequests and mainmission together take about 100h to complete, i think this is a pretty normal thing isnt it? so playing at least 100h and then giving an opinion is the right thing to do, yet from your point of view if i play 100h i cant dislike the game.

Also who said we hate the whole game? no one said that. i have to yet again tell you that there are good things about the game and i did point them out already.
Too bad i cant refund the game after playing 2 hours, so it doesnt really make sense for me to stop playing after 1 or 2 hours, especially when the prologue forces you to play at least a certain time in which you cant refund the game anymore.
So i'd rather try to play a game i payed for and cant refund than let it rot, because in the end.. i payed 60€ for it.

But that doesnt change the fact that i do like the game (based on its basis and genre). There are good elements, like graphics, soundtrack. Story part i can only agree to a certain degree, as i am not satisfied with what we got,
especially when characters like jackie and evelyn die after 2 or 3 missions. yikes.

Criticizing a game does not mean to hate the game. Matter of fact, that hatred goes more towards cdpr than the game itself and it is understandable.

This is also not culture related. Its just that people are sick and tired of getting lied to and then proceed to get called out for being angry at the company.

Do you know why i want transparency? Why i want CDPR to talk with us about the missing / cut content? Because i do not what them to sell cut content in DLC's to us. This move will happen and i fear it the most. It already started with them announcing "free dlc" in early 2021. Why call it DLC when its 100% cut content they will give us back? Because they can later do paid DLC thats why and thats what makes me angry the most.
Thats why i am here.

I do not want to pay for anything i should have gotten at release.
This is where my anger goes to.

I can't play the game for example. It's unplayable. Should i just move on. Pay hundreds of dollars on games to EA, Activision, Bethesda, Ubisoft, now CDPR and when they are broken, unplayable, boring rewashed things, full of loot boxes, paid walls, unfinished full of paid dlcs, cosmetics. I should just take it and just throw money in the wind. Cuz money grow on trees, huh. :)))
The lack of logic, reactivity breaks my brain.

Not quite sure what you're trying to say but I'm sorry it's not working for you. It will be patched soon. There's a lot of people that can play the game and are enjoying it or have been enjoying it and are now waiting for the fixes before continuing. I get that. I would be mad too if I were a last-gen console gamer or potato pc owner. There are ways to increase fps by a LOT and I really mean a LOT if you know how to google and understand how an .ini file works.

Give it a chance when it's working for you, trust me it's the best ride of your life..

Almost same % of players already finished the game, so I'm not surprised. This isn't necessary bad thing, it's just good article title for clicks.

They told us before this game will be shorter, because in 5 years only 26% of players finished main story in Witcher 3, that's sad, not this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom