Cyberpunk 2077 Modding support for the WolvenKit

+
Hi everyone!

Now that we are so close to the release date of cp77, we are preparing to upgrade the community modding tools for The Witcher 3 - WolvenKit - to also support Cyberpunk! WolvenKit is a community open source project that allows for almost complete modding support for TW3, including but massively surpassing the official modding tools of the game.
3161-1588687014-365866896.png

121063272_707160733491439_1346269278507861290_n.png

We plan on supporting cyberpunk community modding and would love to have input from the community and the CDPR staff as well <3

If you would like so follow the development you can do so on a couple different places:
Here's a link to the cdpr modding community discord server, where we also host WolvenKit development: [Link removed, ask for it in PM.]

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish CDPR would provide us with official tools like they did with Witcher 3.
The world they created offers such an enormous potential for a huge variety of mods.

We need better support for mods from CDRProject, come on guys!

From 5 mo.s ago, "So they originally gave word there would be substantial modding tools, then went back on it?"-"Correct"

"Current WolvenKit has radish integration, but without proper GUI's and ability to view the outcome in-game hinders creation of new content."

Yo! A mod to add custom radio stations would be awesome. I wanna listen to shit like the JSR and JSF soundtracks, y'know?

Seems like exciting news!

I believe any decent to good or exceptional game can benefit vastly further from solid modding tools. I never played Witcher games, let alone modded, so I cannot fully relate.

I reckon this tool is remotely comparable in terms of options to the Bethesda modding kits used for the Fallout and Skyrim games, @traderain ?

While I don't expect the same level of magic and options, being close to that would be ideal in my eyes. Good modding makes any game better on average, in my book.

In my eyes, games nowadays need to be moddable in order to increase their lifespan and keep their fanbase. Hopefully CDPR comes out with official modding tools that can be used in tandem with this software, because there is so many possibilities in a world like cyberpunk 2077 that the devs just simply aren't going to be able to cover them all. I'd venture enough to say that the possibilities for modding this game are near endless, on an almost skyrim level.

I hope there is extensive control over the NPC's, including access to how they work and being able to rewrite sections, or even maybe allowing a concurrently running python script to give and receive data.

Seems like exciting news!

I believe any decent to good or exceptional game can benefit vastly further from solid modding tools. I never played Witcher games, let alone modded, so I cannot fully relate.

I reckon this tool is remotely comparable in terms of options to the Bethesda modding kits used for the Fallout and Skyrim games, @traderain ?

While I don't expect the same level of magic and options, being close to that would be ideal in my eyes. Good modding makes any game better on average, in my book.
I would say if enough people help :) which as it seems is happening, we can make something wonderful :)
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE
We have moved to an organization on github: https://github.com/WolvenKit
You will be able to find here:
- The mod editor/creator
- The modloader (SDK?)
- Wiki
- Modmanager
- Mod repository
We are trying to create a full ecosystem for the mods but everything is still in-progress so nothing is concrete yet. Also a decompiler/compiler is in-progress at: https://github.com/CallumCarmicheal/Red4Assembler and https://github.com/gibbed/Gibbed.RED4

Cheers :)

The modding community is amazing. I'm hoping for a Cyberpunk Ciri mod that's playable rather than just an easter egg cover of her in the game. I know that is an inevitability and can't wait.

Looking forward to what the mod community will be able to add to the world of cyberpunk. More of everything please! (y)

Hi, sorry, I never really paid attention to tw3 modding. from my limited knowledge there is no world-editor or way to create quests, npc, voicelines, lanscapes, abilities or animations. is this different for the current kit? with the way the lip-syncing works in the current game it almost seems like they are preparing mod support for custom npcs/voicelines.

Is it possible with this tool to change the foundation an restrictions in this game to revert it with Bugfixes to the Content of Version 1.0? Thanks for the information. Sincerely

Top Bottom