Cyberpunk 2077 Modding support for the WolvenKit

+
there is no world-editor or way to create quests, npc, voicelines, lanscapes, abilities or animations
WolvenKit has 99.99% of the archive fileformats deciphered.
Radish tools have pipelines for all what you mentioned except animations and abilities. A lot is open-source, except world editor. All is quite hidden and needs to dig around.

WolvenKit has 99.99% of the archive fileformats deciphered.
Radish tools have pipelines for all what you mentioned except animations and abilities. A lot is open-source, except world editor. All is quite hidden and needs to dig around.

Animations would be important if a good 3rd person-view mod or even new scenes should be created.

This would be great! Is there any work on the CDPR team to get this implemented? If it requires work it might be better for them to focus on bugs. Would love to see this though...

Hi everyone!

Now that we are so close to the release date of cp77, we are preparing to upgrade the community modding tools for The Witcher 3 - WolvenKit - to also support Cyberpunk! WolvenKit is a community open source project that allows for almost complete modding support for TW3, including but massively surpassing the official modding tools of the game.
View attachment 11072051
View attachment 11072054
We plan on supporting cyberpunk community modding and would love to have input from the community and the CDPR staff as well <3

If you would like so follow the development you can do so on a couple different places:
Here's a link to the cdpr modding community discord server, where we also host WolvenKit development: https://discord.gg/USZwxxFrKa

Cheers!
Good news

Hi everyone!

Now that we are so close to the release date of cp77, we are preparing to upgrade the community modding tools for The Witcher 3 - WolvenKit - to also support Cyberpunk! WolvenKit is a community open source project that allows for almost complete modding support for TW3, including but massively surpassing the official modding tools of the game.
View attachment 11072051
View attachment 11072054
We plan on supporting cyberpunk community modding and would love to have input from the community and the CDPR staff as well <3

If you would like so follow the development you can do so on a couple different places:
Here's a link to the cdpr modding community discord server, where we also host WolvenKit development: https://discord.gg/USZwxxFrKa

Cheers!
KUDO's and Cheers!

Can't wait to get started on making all the clothing that NPC's wear available to V, as well as write in companions!

The glitch where you have Judy following you around and fighting alongside you is easy to implement, so a short script should, in theory, be easy to inject to have her (and others) able to be recruited as followers.

And 3rd person gameplay.

And fix the cops.

And fix the menu.

And fix crafting.

And fix the HUD.

And fix the mini-map / navigation.

And Fix driving.

And Add in more buildings.

How deep are we able to mod the game with the WolvenKit?
We have to do a lot of rearchitecturing with the program so we can support both Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077. We also moved from Winforms spaghetti to proper MVVM WPF code but we are progressing fairly well. Most of the file formats are figured out so the basic file browsing and modifying workflow is not far :)

We have to do a lot of rearchitecturing with the program so we can support both Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077. We also moved from Winforms spaghetti to proper MVVM WPF code but we are progressing fairly well. Most of the file formats are figured out so the basic file browsing and modifying workflow is not far :)
I'm asking because I'm interested in doing some deep modding in the game, like making new quests, adding simple gameplay features, or maybe even new weapons and clothes.

I'm asking because I'm interested in doing some deep modding in the game, like making new quests, adding simple gameplay features, or maybe even new weapons and clothes.
Adding simple stuff will be possible in the next two weeks or so (I hope :D) quest designing will take time but we have experience from witcher 3 so once the graph editor start working we can possible support creating simple quests.

Adding simple stuff will be possible in the next two weeks or so (I hope :D) quest designing will take time but we have experience from witcher 3 so once the graph editor start working we can possible support creating simple quests.

sounds good so far. what about animations of character movements? will there be a possibility to add them?

KUDO's and Cheers!

Can't wait to get started on making all the clothing that NPC's wear available to V, as well as write in companions!

The glitch where you have Judy following you around and fighting alongside you is easy to implement, so a short script should, in theory, be easy to inject to have her (and others) able to be recruited as followers.

And 3rd person gameplay.

And fix the cops.

And fix the menu.

And fix crafting.

And fix the HUD.

And fix the mini-map / navigation.

And Fix driving.

And Add in more buildings.

Just say fix the entire game and that's it lol

Since we don't have wcc_lite now it's gonna take more time but we have many talented people instead so I hope :)

Jokes aside, I really hope that this toom will be released soon. I have some basic knowledge in scripting but I know level creation and quest design since the days of TW2 Redkit (RIP) and I can't wait to mod in some crazy quests. Thank you for this tools you great guys.

While we are preparing the editor you can fiddle with: https://github.com/WolvenKit/CP77Tools made by our community to replace files in the game, finally with model&texture repacking support.
Post automatically merged:

Hey everyone!
We had to keep this silent for a while but myself and @rfuzzo has been contacted by CD Projekt red and they are supporting our community with some internal info. The first thing you can probably notice (on our discord) is that in #hash the (nearly) completely list of game files has been posted. We will keep you updated how this partnership progresses but we are really happy about this.
Happy modding!

Last edited:
... We had to keep this silent for a while but myself and @rfuzzo has been contacted by CD Projekt red and they are supporting our community with some internal info. The first thing you can probably notice (on our discord) is that in #hash the (nearly) completely list of game files has been posted. We will keep you updated how this partnership progresses but we are really happy about this...

This is great news! If CDPR is sharing information to help improve open source mod tools that will accelerate the development of new features, while letting CDPR focus on the core game. Official modding tools would be nice eventually, but only after all the bugs in the game are squashed.

While we are preparing the editor you can fiddle with: https://github.com/WolvenKit/CP77Tools made by our community to replace files in the game, finally with model&texture repacking support.
Post automatically merged:

Hey everyone!
We had to keep this silent for a while but myself and @rfuzzo has been contacted by CD Projekt red and they are supporting our community with some internal info. The first thing you can probably notice (on our discord) is that in #hash the (nearly) completely list of game files has been posted. We will keep you updated how this partnership progresses but we are really happy about this.
Happy modding!

Great news! I hope CDPR will give the community some tools to help. Also, I have a suggestion about the editor: since it is now supporting both the Witcher and CP77, how about you rename it? I don't know maybe the REDTools or REDSuite Toolkit or smoething. It is more general and more fitting now then the WolvenKit. This is just an idea and I am super excited for the release of the Editor. Thanks for the work and I hope we are not the ones who will finish the game (but we both know the answer to this).

Top Bottom