Cyberpunk 2077 & next-gen consoles compatibility

+

We're happy to confirm that Cyberpunk 2077 will be backwards compatible with both next-gen consoles!

What does it mean? Your PS4 copy of the game will work on PS5 on launch day. And similarly, anyone who buys the game on Xbox One will be able to play their copy on Xbox Series X when the console launches.

At a later date, we'll also release an upgrade to Cyberpunk 2077, which will take full advantage of the next-gen hardware.

Both of these options apply to owners of physical and digital copies of the game, and will be available for free.

About time, some clarity (I know it's not only your fault).

Now I need to decide which console I'm buying and when, according to that I will choose when and "where" I'll play the game (I have a ps4 now, I might have to wait if I'll decide to buy an Xbox next). There's something good about this delay in the end other than a more polished game.

About time, some clarity (I know it's not only your fault).

Now I need to decide which console I'm buying and when, according to that I will choose when and "where" I'll play the game (I have a ps4 now, I might have to wait if I'll decide to buy an Xbox next). There's something good about this delay in the end other than a more polished game.
Just get a PS5, the exclusives are 5x better

I could of sworn this had been confirmed already months ago as its not new news to me
Post automatically merged:

Just get a PS5, the exclusives are 5x better
I agree none of the xbox exclusives ive seen announced yet have me even slightly interested. will i get xbox eventually but more because have friends that play only xbox and will need to have way keep up with them eventually. I already have half money for ps5 set aside as it is even not planning to buy it till end of 1st quarter next year 1st run is usually bad idea usually things like bad hardware or bugged software is more common in the first production run.

Why not both? I'm old enough to be able to afford both if I wish to and to understand which is the best option for me. But thanks :)

P.S. gamepass is love.
I fully intend to get both but XB will likely wait some time as none of the exlusives for it so far hold any draw for me while 2 for ps5 do. I have ps4 xbox one and nintendo switch but mostly play ps4 and switch now

I fully intend to get both but XB will likely wait some time as none of the exlusives for it so far hold any draw for me while 2 for ps5 do. I have ps4 xbox one and nintendo switch but mostly play ps4 and switch now
I only have ps4 so buying a series X means playing all past ms exclusives for 10€ a month from the very first day and get all the future ms studios games for the same price. I'm a big sucker for Sony's exclusives but the ones I'm really looking for haven't been announced yet (i.e. gow2) therefore I can wait. On the other hand, Xbox seems a more powerful hardware which is good for third party games (a good number of which will end up into gamepass eventually) and doesn't require to pay for cloud daving. Also, PS5 is ugly AF IMHO so I'd rather wait for a better looking slim version :beer:

On the other hand, Xbox seems a more powerful hardware which is good for third party games (a good number of which will end up into gamepass eventually)
its actually up in the air as which is really more powerful as the way sony is handling the hybrid parts supposedly have better than advertised the listed performance, only time will tell if thats true or not

Will the next gen upgrade be a full PS5 and Xbox Series X game like GTA 5 was for PS4 and Xbox One or just an update file to the original PS4 and Xbox One versions?

Last edited:
Will the next gen upgrade be a full PS5 and Xbox Series X game like GTA 5 was for PS4 and Xbox One or just an update file to the original PS4 and Xbox One versions?
at launch of next gen consoles it will just be Compatability patch the enhanced editions wont come till later but from my understanding we will get upgrade to those when they are available.

Picking up a Series X first as that's where all my friends play and I need my Forza fix. I'm also hoping there's a Fable announcement soon. Nothing Sony has shown make me even remotely interested in a PS5 at launch. Shame the new Spider-Man game is only half the size of the already small first game.

Picking up a Series X first as that's where all my friends play and I need my Forza fix. I'm also hoping there's a Fable announcement soon. Nothing Sony has shown make me even remotely interested in a PS5 at launch. Shame the new Spider-Man game is only half the size of the already small first game.
Last i heard since fable isnt going to be made by same company the original one going under the new fable if it ever actually makes it beyond just concept will not be exlusive

Last i heard since fable isnt going to be made by same company the original one going under the new fable if it ever actually makes it beyond just concept will not be exlusive
Microsoft holds the IP and rumors say it's in development by playground games. Whatever happens it won't be out on PlayStation.

Can you tell us if there will be a stand alone next gen version? If so, will there be any difference between it and an "updated" PS4/XBO version?? Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom