Cyberpunk 2077 & next-gen consoles compatibility

+
Can you tell us if there will be a stand alone next gen version? If so, will there be any difference between it and an "updated" PS4/XBO version?? Thanks in advance!

Yes , the way i understand it the " updated " version is a digital download for PS5 and Xbox Series X .

Is there any info about cross-saves? So i can play on my PC version, put saves on usb stick, then put it in xbox/ps and continue from there and vice versa? Or even better cloud save what can be shared automaticaly via connected/shared account on all platforms? I understand new gen is better graphics/fps but i prefer convenience and actual step further in cross-platforming. I just learned it was possible in pc/switch scenario maybe next gen is even more developed that i curently know.

Note.: I will bought game on all separated platforms (pc,ps,xbox) but only i care is save share
example: i will play on my location with PC and another week i will play on xbox on different location, is that possible at least in some form in CP2077?

I only run pc myself. I will be good to go as long as it is on pc and what I read about there being a multiplayer version in the future. No future multiplayer would mean I would not want the single player version. I will simply be using the single player version to learn the game world and keep myself busy until the multiplayer version comes out.....and then kill anyone that does not submit to my will ; ) Note to self : Plan to die a lot. lol

geocp

Forum regular
Can anyone tell us the exact benefits from playing the game on ps5 at launch instead of playing it on ps4?

I am guessing the least we can expect is a solid steady 30 fps (I doubt last gen base model consoles will be able to do this..) and probably very reduced popups courtesy of the fast ssd, but do you think there would be other things too?

Like a day one patch for next gen consoles that might add extra fps or "higher" graphics? (I'm not talking about the "final" next gen update...)

Can anyone tell us the exact benefits from playing the game on ps5 at launch instead of playing it on ps4?

I am guessing the least we can expect is a solid steady 30 fps (I doubt last gen base model consoles will be able to do this..) and probably very reduced popups courtesy of the fast ssd, but do you think there would be other things too?

Like a day one patch for next gen consoles that might add extra fps or "higher" graphics? (I'm not talking about the "final" next gen update...)
At launch the game will be the same on current and next gen, only difference will be a more solid frame rate. The real next gen patch will come in 2021.
Expect awful frame rate on ps4 and one.
I'll try to play it directly on next gen.

geocp

Forum regular
At launch the game will be the same on current and next gen, only difference will be a more solid frame rate. The real next gen patch will come in 2021.
Expect awful frame rate on ps4 and one.
I'll try to play it directly on next gen.

Just found this on eurogamer.net

Anyone with a PS4 copy will be able to play that on PS5 and receive a free update to improve the game's visuals on Sony's next-gen machine.

The news, confirmed last night in an investor call, follows CD Projekt Red's announcement in February it would support Microsoft's Smart Delivery initiative for Xbox - meaning the free upgrade will work the same there for Xbox One copies on Xbox Series X.

The developer further clarified that this would not be the final update to buff the next-gen version of Cyberpunk 2077. A beefier version of the game optimised for Microsoft and Sony's new machines will follow down the line - perhaps some time down the line - but again be available to PS4 and Xbox One owners free of charge.

"I can confirm this is not the final update," CD Projekt exec Michał Nowakowski said. "At some point we will have a more robust update for next-gen which we plan to give free of charge to anyone who purchases the PS4 or Xbox One version.

"But in any case you will be able to play the game on next-gen from 19th November when the game releases and it will look better than on current-gen from that moment as well."

So, it seems that we will have something from day one.

The developer further clarified that this would not be the final update to buff the next-gen version of Cyberpunk 2077. A beefier version of the game optimised for Microsoft and Sony's new machines will follow down the line - perhaps some time down the line - but again be available to PS4 and Xbox One owners free of charge.

"I can confirm this is not the final update," CD Projekt exec Michał Nowakowski said. "At some point we will have a more robust update for next-gen which we plan to give free of charge to anyone who purchases the PS4 or Xbox One version.

I find this part very interesting. It quells concerns over claims games will finally optimize around fast storage (a large component of the hype surrounding PS5) when they're still providing support on old consoles. It leads me to believe there is going to be an update to prop up the visuals followed by another to leverage the superior storage option included in the new consoles.

Again, my larger question is whether or not the PC will also be given this "beefier update"? Heck, why not give PC the beefiest update for those next gen GPUs coming out this year?

Again, my larger question is whether or not the PC will also be given this "beefier update"? Heck, why not give PC the beefiest update for those next gen GPUs coming out this year?
PC is already the beefier version. Current Gen consoles can only do 30fps low medium settings. Next Gen will do 60fps high settings.

Just found this on eurogamer.net

Anyone with a PS4 copy will be able to play that on PS5 and receive a free update to improve the game's visuals on Sony's next-gen machine.

The news, confirmed last night in an investor call, follows CD Projekt Red's announcement in February it would support Microsoft's Smart Delivery initiative for Xbox - meaning the free upgrade will work the same there for Xbox One copies on Xbox Series X.

"But in any case you will be able to play the game on next-gen from 19th November when the game releases and it will look better than on current-gen from that moment as well."

So, it seems that we will have something from day one.

The thing i find most interesting is the last two lines . Did CDPR just tell us that PS5 will be out before 19th November :eek:

No, they just said that it will run on PS5 at launch. Anyway, we all know ps5 and SX will be on market between November 1st and black Friday (26th IIRC)

To be fair we have heard jack shit ( from Sony / official ) about release date and price of the PS5 .

PC is already the beefier version. Current Gen consoles can only do 30fps low medium settings. Next Gen will do 60fps high settings.
That's in terms of release visuals. They clearly said there's going to be a beefier version of the game itself, in other words a patch to likely add extra content that the current gen consoles couldn't handle.

To me that sounds like next year there will be a patch for PS5 and XSX that probably adds extra NPCs walking around, more clutter, maybe even little quest pieces that the would require a higher spec machine. Not just the higher FPS/better textures that would come from the standard bump to next gen.

So my question is pointed at getting an upgrade to the game for PC players that the next gen consoles will get next year. I wouldn't buy a PC copy if I'll be missing out on content that consoles will have.

namely ray tracing, which is purely graphics.
which is a shader you already have on pc.

Next gen version won't be better than the 2020 PC ultra version, they won't add any content. 100% sure.
Have they confirmed any of this? It doesn't seem that way from the initial post or the subsequent from an interview.

To me it seems a lot more like GTAV between console generations than ray tracing and the standard FPS bump that anyone would expect anyways. Sure as heck sounds like more content when you express it's a beefier version that is optimized for and uses next gen technology.

Also is it confirmed it's a simple toggle on PC for more NPCs?

To me it seems a lot more like GTAV between console generations
Perfect example, ps4 version of GTA is the same as pc version with low/mid settings.
Also is it confirmed it's a simple toggle on PC for more NPCs?
It was present on TW3, it will be presente on cp77 as well. It doesn't need to be confirmed, it's obvious.

There is NO WAY next gen versions will have stuff PC won't. That's not how CDPR works.

To me it seems a lot more like GTAV between console generations than ray tracing and the standard FPS bump that anyone would expect anyways. Sure as heck sounds like more content when you express it's a beefier version that is optimized for and uses next gen technology.

"Beefier version that is optimized for and uses next gen technology", sounds like leveraging hardware.

My guess is the first update will include extra miscellaneous stuff (NPC density, clutter, whatever), better graphical effects like ray tracing, etc. The second mystery update will be optimizations and improvements leveraging the much faster storage solutions in the new consoles. I could be wrong.

Top Bottom