Cyberpunk 2077 — Night City Wire: Episode 2

+
My life path is not set in stone BUT I can not join a gang?

My brain cant distinguish the difference between a life path that can change based on choices and changing the gang you run with as a choice.

Cant wait for this game to come out!

You too huh? We can be nomads together, weeeee :).

In any case, maybe it's just me but the game looks freaking gorgeous.

It looks like melee combat animations have seen some work too. Although, it looks like they're making the screen shake mildly to indicate movement/power. I suppose this is acceptable. It definitely looked better.... Even the very brief clip of the boxer fight appeared to speed up the NPC... responsiveness. GJ CDPR.

Covering life-paths again doesn't hurt but it didn't seem like new info was provided. One of the curiosities I have there is if you can change your life-path mid playthrough. As in, if you're a street kid and make a lot of decisions geared toward a corpo path if you can shift your "life-path" in that direction. Similar to, I don't know, an alignment concept. Strictly speaking this wouldn't make sense for the way life-paths are advertised. It'd be kind of cool though.

I also wonder if NPC's won't make use of smart weapons too. I'd expect they would if those weapons exist. It'd be neat to have to adapt around that as the player. Instead of gearing up with smart weapons and trivializing combat encounters.

They said yes you can basically betray the streets and become a corpo, however your lifepath from what I understand will still be a street-kid.
What the lifepath does is give you additional options for the ending. A corpo ending for the corpo will have a different ending than a street kid with a corpo ending for example.
Same with nomad and street kid. Basically due to the lifepath you will have better opportunities than others in some cases, or you understand some things better than others.

Sounds like you can use all weapon types to hit folks behind cover. Power via ricochet, and Smart via self-guidance, and Tech via just shooting thru the cover. I'm very happy to see this because I was concerned that each weapon type would have some exclusive ability more-or-less requiring you to use all types of weapons thus (probably) precluding you from maxing out any of them because you'd need to split your skills/perks among them all.

Doesn't it also kinda downplay the supposed uniqueness of the weapontypes when they're all kinda the same that way, sans visual presentation?

I really hope that combat in game is as quick and deadly as shown in the gameplay trailers. I am a little fearful that same level enemies are much more bullet-spongy and that the video shows a high level player mowing down low level goons.

I would like to be able to blast the leg off a ganger with a shotgun in regular gameplay and not just if I go back to a low level area for funsies.

Could you shed some light on how characters skills and stats affect smart guns.

I’m asking because it would seem that with them, spread and recoil and aiming are eliminated, and from what has been said, that leaves reload times for skill to govern.

Is that the case, or is there something more to it... if you’re allowed to say??

Same here. I even tried to give Refused/Samurai a chance on the way home from work yesterday.

It's a big nope.
Maybe you will like it better integrated into the game, like at the end of the first demo. From the little I know there are other artists involved as well, like we heard in the b roll footage from a few weeks ago driving in the badlands. And Marcin Przybyłowicz is composing the game music again so I am really looking forward to it all.

Maybe you will like it better integrated into the game, like at the end of the first demo. From the little I know there are other artists involved as well, like we heard in the b roll footage from a few weeks ago driving in the badlands. And Marcin Przybyłowicz is composing the game music again so I am really looking forward to it all.

Yeah I am fully hoping that when I am driving through the game world (whether that be driving or a club for example) that the music fits perfectly.

It's just that will be the only time I might like it.

The instrumental background music has been ok, but every actual "song" I have heard so far disgusts me.

They have managed to pick up all the genres I absolutely hate in music, and have not shown anything else besides.
None of the artists they revealed in "music behind cyberpunk" have anything that I might like in their past portfolios. CDPR has managed to compose pretty much the exact polar opposite of the soundtrack that I would like.

I utterly LOATHE rap and hip-hop, I don't listen to pop. Even though Samurai should be the band closest to my heart, Refused are just a group of talentless pretenders. My hatred towards them is magnified by the fact that CDPR ALREADY had a great song made, but decided to replace it with... Refused. What happened to Brian Mantia?!

Its been very long since Ive seen a game that would make me want to turn the music off entirely and never turn it back on.
There was this boxing game on PS3 in 2008-2009, the soundtrack of which was comprised entirely of rap. That was the low point of all time, and I am comparing CP2077 to it. This is not how I imagined CP2077 to turn out.

CDPR are just highlighting how bad Refused are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved Refuse. That was definitely my jam so to each their own. \,,/ Their music screams irrationally and chaos. A perfect "noise" to start a riot. Punks are hypocrites, edgy, and unlikable by nature. This is just perfect.

Last edited:
It seems that we can take a weapon and completely change it's class by installing different modules.

At 1:28 we can see a very distinctive assault rifle which has been shown many times before in the hands of V, the police , the voodoo boys, moelstrom gang, etc.
This time has a module installed that transforms it to a smart rifle.

Also, the tsunami nekomata is presented in 00:45 as a tech sniper but in 1:34 we can see the same weapon with different barrel and different attachment being a large caliber smart weapon.
We can also see it in the hands of nomad V...
cyberpunk-2077-female-v-nomad-uhdpaper.com-hd-3.2246.jpg

The instrumental background music has been ok, but every actual "song" I have heard so far disgusts me....

...I utterly LOATHE rap and hip-hop, I don't listen to pop. Even though Samurai should be the band closest to my heart, Refused are just a group of talentless pretenders. My hatred towards them is magnified by the fact that CDPR ALREADY had a great song made, but decided to replace it with... Refused. What happened to Brian Mantia?!
Ya I hear ya, but at least it's not guitar hero :). I know nothing about Refused and I no longer care much for rap or hip. Do you think Chopin is cyberpunk enough? So far I am liking the way the game is looking so any music that I can find I like would be a bonus. Icing on the cake would be a crazy/funny talk radio personality like Lazlow or Fernando from GTA, or the conspiracy theorist guy from Deus Ex HR and MD

Going Street Kid.
I'm still not sold on all this "shoot through cover' stuff and how are the smart guns presented in the game. But, still, that's a minor issue.
However, the episode was a bit let down if it comes to content, compared to ep1.

Icing on the cake would be a crazy/funny talk radio personality like Lazlow or Fernando from GTA, or the conspiracy theorist guy from Deus Ex HR and MD
I THINK they've already said radio won't have shows but just music. I'm sad about it as well. I could be wrong, though.

Looks cool, I like the music, also happy to see more about the lifepaths. Nomad really looks interesting but I think I'll stick to corpo still.

She seems more like a Character that is part of a questline in the Badlands. She wears a motorcycle outfit (Yaiba) and drives your car, is very skilled with vehicles, so she probably is a Nomad herself. ;)

Possible. I get a whole sharing stories/drinks vibe from her, like with what we've seen with Jackie and it's the first time we have seen V driving with someone else (other than Jackie) at the wheel.

Chances are she is an important part of Nomad V's past (and thus the prologue) as Nomads have that "one big family" thing going on. Makes sense for the Nomad to have more close friends than other origins. Maybe she is V's first crush or something. I didn't miss that "first kiss in middle of a synth cornfield" bit of monologue.

Could be a past flame. Ugh, I don't know.

Top Bottom