Cyberpunk 2077 — Night City Wire: Episode 2

+
7 weeks from now and 100% we'll still get a day one patch anyway. If not more in the coming months post-launch.
----------------------------

July 11th: NCW 1
August 10th: NCW 2
September 10th-ish: NCW 3?
October 10th-ish: ???

November 12th: reviews
November 19th: release
That's right, 7 weeks. I got my months wrong. I don't know why my brain has me already at the end of August.

Did they get rid of the 'Iconic' status of weapons which exceeds 'Legendary' as seen from June's previewers (4 hour demo). ?

Also Pawel mentioned we can only obtain 'Legendary' weapons from loot caches or dispatching higher status NPC's. As we know from Night Life preview, they mentioned that there is a perk under Crafting skill tree that allows us to upgrade weapons to 'legendary'

• R&D - the said skill that enables you to upgrade items to the legendary quality level.

Miles Tost also mentioned that crafted weapons are better than weapons you find.

Obviously for the most part, CDPR has been quiet on crafting (what you can craft), junk management/dismantling and what you can loot and how you can loot them.

Other than that, this is the best showcase we've seen the 48 minute demo that came out 2 years ago.

Other than that, this is the best showcase we've seen the 48 minute demo that came out 2 years ago.

I agree that this night city wire was good (except the Refused section).

I specifically liked seeing the gorilla arms showcased. They had appeared in a video earlier but I couldn't be sure it was the same cybernetic since it wasn't mentioned.

What I now want to know, is how soon can I get myself either the mantis blades or the gorilla arms ingame? I notice they are both Arasaka manufacture which basically means top of the line. I assume that they are a line of products, and thus would have many different qualities? Could I get a low quality version early?

I believe a dev said in NCW2 that the mantis blades would be "difficult to get". I wonder what this means exactly.

Doesn't it also kinda downplay the supposed uniqueness of the weapontypes when they're all kinda the same that way, sans visual presentation?
Don't worry.
CDPR has incorporated several types (in terms of resistence value vs damage types) of armor. So vs various opponents one type of weapon (Power, Tech, Smart) will be superior and another inferior, presumedly the third is neutral.
So if you want maximum DPS you'll need to use all weapon types.
Good luck skilling/perking them all up!

I am very concerned about the music after this. Refused work for me of course but some of it is a bit iffy especially in the rap/electronic stuff. The music at the beginning of the livestream (City of Dreams) is atrociously unoriginal trap rap nonsense which I can only assume is A$AP Rocky. Run the Jewels I think will work since they have a political edge and can actually rap. I believe Rat Boy might have done the song in the Deep Dive before the disclaimer and the one when V drives to meet Stout and when V rides the motorbike. That works too. Grimes I think is too bubblegum but it sounds pretty decent. The song in the Lizzies Bar mostly works as the beat is dark and abrasive but the vocals kind of ruin it for me. I think this is A$AP Rocky also. In the Chinese gameplay when V drives there is a god awful reggaeton song which I can assume is A$AP Rocky yet again. Both songs at the Afterlife are pretty great (English and Chinese). I think the English one is Ilan Rubin and the Chinese is Ratboy again and sounds wild AF especially Ilan Rubin as it fits the location like a glove. The song in the Malestrom hideout to me is very generic black metal and while yes it is badass it is definitely not original. That being said it is very obvious to me that A$AP Rocky will be by far the weakest link and I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that his label tried to push him onto CDPR. What I am concerned about when it comes to the music is the ratio of songs for each genre. Rap I think will be minimal (thank god) and the music for the game will be mostly be rock and electronic based since the vast majority of the featured artists are in those genres. What I am hoping is that it is not mostly electronic and just a handful of rock songs. I really hope that there is a balance. I am really looking forward to Deadly Hunta and Tina Guo though

The Behind The Scene with Refused did nothing for me about their music, it's still "Ugh" to me. Man, I hope the rest of the radio is better than that or I might follow others and just kill the in-game music and stream my own.

True, but there was no choice of background in those games.

Times are tough, I don't want to be struggling in games too.

And yes, corpo V gets wiped, but he does not have the mentality of poverty.
So basically what you're saying is Corpo-rat V will still have champagne tastes while being on a malt liquor budget at the start of the game? Pffft...that's even worse than just being poor. :LOL:

I love all the music so far. Refused/Samurai is my jam and though I had not heard any of her music before, Grimes is sufficiently otherworldly to work. I'm from the age of nu-metal, so I don't mind some rap here and there either.

My only gripe is that there has not been any more music by Hyper since the trailers. After listening to Spoiler and then giving his album Lies a listen, I got back into electronic music after having not listened to that kind of music since 666 was cool. The Badlands could also do with some twangy music a la Borderlands or Rebel Galaxy.

I liked this episode better than the first one as it explained the games features better.
Still not a fan of the music in the game and I hope there will be something else to enjoy than screaming. It's not that I don't appreciate the monumental amount of work that is done but its just not the style of music I like to listen to.
The game looks amazing and the choices are above and beyond I've ever seen in a game. I guess I have to play this multiple times to get the whole experience.

Rap I think will be minimal (thank god) and the music for the game will be mostly be rock and electronic based since the vast majority of the featured artists are in those genres.

They are?

it's the first time we have seen V driving with someone else (other than Jackie) at the wheel.
Just because I feel anal-retentive right now, Im pointing out that V has ridden in both Dexter's and Padre's cars with their personal driver/bodyguard at the wheel. I believe it is Oleg for Dexter.

The Behind The Scene with Refused did nothing for me about their music, it's still "Ugh" to me. Man, I hope the rest of the radio is better than that or I might follow others and just kill the in-game music and stream my own.

Ingame radio and game background soundtrack are probably easy to kill, but I worry about the nightclubs. I don't know if we will be able to mute that music, or at least it will feel immersionbreaking to have those places be silent.

Last edited:
I have to say, I am really loving the progress in Melee Combat appearance. Looks so much more......chunky.....than it did in Night.City Wire 1.
Post automatically merged:

I love all the music so far. Refused/Samurai is my jam and though I had not heard any of her music before, Grimes is sufficiently otherworldly to work. I'm from the age of nu-metal, so I don't mind some rap here and there either.

My only gripe is that there has not been any more music by Hyper since the trailers. After listening to Spoiler and then giving his album Lies a listen, I got back into electronic music after having not listened to that kind of music since 666 was cool. The Badlands could also do with some twangy music a la Borderlands or Rebel Galaxy.

Funnily enough, CP2077 Music isn't my usual taste....yet I am still loving this music.

Last edited:
I'm going to play Nomad as a real play-through, making choices based solely on me. The second and third play-through, its going to more of a roleplay and making alternative choices. Also, the same on the gameplay. My nomad most likely will be more diverse in weapons while the other lifepaths will be more selective. Oh yea, I'm going corpo second and street kid third.

This will also affect the character creation of my characters too. I might a play a female street kid or corpo. When I'm going to play as a female I'm going to go lesbo lol.

Hey.
I imagine I am not the only one who saw the flying ship that torpedo from a base into the sky/space in the Nomad run showcased at 3:31? Seems like there will be a content among the stars? Interesting to see. I am intrigued.

Hey.
I imagine I am not the only one who saw the flying ship that torpedo from a base into the sky/space in the Nomad run showcased at 3:31? Seems like there will be a content among the stars? Interesting to see. I am intrigued.

Noticed that too. (y)

First leads would be Orbital Air and Luna. But who knows what else CDPR has in store for us?

Hey.

There is a spaceport in Night City (operated by Orbital Air), this is known from the lore by now. Whether we would get to travel to space, that is an entirely different question. I wouldn't expect much.. And frankly I'm not sure I would want that.

Oh interesting. I dint knew about that. So it is a cargo transportation. Intriguingly for sure. So this is why there has been wars between these corporations? See who holds the most shares against each other from these space kind of project? No wonder why there have been so many riots and disturbance against power and poverty.

That is for what I gather from that info. @Bloodartist and @gregski

Last edited:
Top Bottom