Cyberpunk 2077 — Night City Wire: Episode 2

+
Oh interesting. I dint knew about that. So it is a cargo transportation. Intriguingly for sure. So this is why there has been wars between these corporations? See who holds the most shares against each other from these space kind of project? No wonder why there have been so many riots and disturbance against power and poverty.

That is for what I gather from that info. @Bloodartist and @gregski
Not just cargo there is a space station, a "city" on the moon, and some asteroid mining.

No one is really fighting over space, Orbital Air has a lock on it ... and a Mass Driver on the moon. Hard to beat rocks from space as a "negotiation" tactic.

Last edited:
Oh, ohh oh.

I see. From what I read and little I know from the issue of the lore it seemed like that could be the reason for it.

There is some concept art / video footage that I am struggling to find right now that I would like to refer. Basically it showed a guy in what looked like the cabin of a passenger airplane - except outside the window it was the blackness of space. The guy had his head cybernetics catching fire (I guess under cybernetic attack), and another guy on the foreground was looking at the scene and raising a toast to himself. This was quite old iirc.

This implies passenger flights to at least a ballistic orbit (something that I theorize would be a thing in 2077, you can use such to get across the world in short amount of time).

However, this resembles a scene from apparently the corpo prologue (NCW 03:57) where a corpo bigwig is observing a cyber attack on some dude in a board meeting. Maybe they scrapped the original concept of this scene happening in a space flight and changed it to appear in a board room.

ps. Further tidbit: A japanese-voiced announcer is advertising Orbital Air's spaceflight capabilities in 13.18-13.28 (timestamp) of the original 48-minute demo.
"Orbital Air provides you comfortable space journey. When you travel, please use Orbital Air."

There is some concept art / video footage that I am struggling to find right now that I would like to refer. Basically it showed a guy in what looked like the cabin of a passenger airplane - except outside the window it was the blackness of space. The guy had his head cybernetics catching fire (I guess under cybernetic attack), and another guy on the foreground was looking at the scene and raising a toast to himself. This was quite old iirc.

This implies passenger flights to at least a ballistic orbit (something that I theorize would be a thing in 2077, you can use such to get across the world in short amount of time).

However, this resembles a scene from apparently the corpo prologue (NCW 03:57) where a corpo bigwig is observing a cyber attack on some dude in a board meeting. Maybe they scrapped the original concept of this scene happening in a space flight and changed it to appear in a board room.

ps. Further tidbit: A japanese-voiced announcer is advertising Orbital Air's spaceflight capabilities in 13.18-13.28 (timestamp) of the original 48-minute demo.
"Orbital Air provides you comfortable space journey. When you travel, please use Orbital Air."

Here.

BUT

CGI trailer, concept art, could be just a normal flight at night, probably not in the game at all.

That being said, I'd love to see at least a short scripted mission in space for variety's sake. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Here.

BUT

CGI trailer, concept art, could be just a normal flight at night, probably not in the game at all.

That being said, I'd love to see at least a short scripted mission in space for variety's sake. But I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Yeah i think that's just a concept trailer used as foundation from the concept art that we saw recently. You can even see some new version of these concept scenes in latest trailer, like the one scene where some corpos are getting fried in their meeting.

Could be, but in my opinion, if you look at the windows bit more carefully, I think you can see the blue glow and curvature of the earth (even though there is some blue HUD in the window to distract you). I think it looks like a ballistic flight.

That said, even if I WAS right, there is no guarantee CDPR will use spaceflights for content. Maybe its just stuff created for the trailers.

Last edited:
Could be, but in my opinion, if you look at the windows bit more carefully, I think you can see the blue glow and curvature of the earth (even though there is some blue HUD in the window to distract you). I think it looks like a ballistic flight.
I'd bet on a sub-orbital flight.

While I don't expect to go into space in CP2077 (yet) a sub-orbital flight to say Tokyo certainly might be in the game. But you'd be a passenger, certainly not the pilot.

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised to see what I believe to be a .454 D.A "Super Chief" in the Nomad preview. That fits PERFECTLY with my V nomad build....A modern day version of the "Man with no name." A quiet type who doesn't go looking for fights, but ends them quickly when need be.

Top Bottom