Cyberpunk 2077 — Night City Wire: Episode 4

+
[edit] I forgot to mention the car physics, the cars seem quite lightweight, aren't they ? (look at crashing motion and action-movie-like jumping over each other)

In my opinion they look exactly opposite, very heavy and unwieldy. When that Maimai went up the stairs and over people, it wasn't "bouncy" in any way you'd expect from a video game.

I guess thats one way to solve the keyboard-driving problem.

In my opinion they look exactly opposite, very heavy and unwieldy. When that Maimai went up the stairs and over people, it wasn't "bouncy" in any way you'd expect from a video game.

I guess thats one way to solve the keyboard-driving problem.

Haha maybe I should re-watch this :ROFLMAO:
You say "Maimai" ? Did I say it wrong ?

Haha maybe I should re-watch this :ROFLMAO:
You say "Maimai" ? Did I say it wrong ?

Yes. No.

makigai maimai 3.jpg

Do one knows if stolen cars can be sold or if stealing car is just there for the gimmick?

I don't think they've indicated this yet. It wouldn't be a gimmick though, even if they can't be sold. The reason is that by just allowing the player the freedom to steal cars, it increases the immersiveness of the open world by making everything feel more interactive. In general, anything that maximizes the player's degrees of freedom helps create a world that is more close to that of real life.

I don't think they've indicated this yet. It wouldn't be a gimmick though, even if they can't be sold. The reason is that by just allowing the player the freedom to steal cars, it increases the immersiveness of the open world by making everything feel more interactive. In general, anything that maximizes the player's degrees of freedom helps create a world that is more close to that of real life.

Well, I only half agree with you, as without any depth it can break immersion as fast as it creates it.
Actually If I remember well that's one of the reason they though it wasn't necessary to be able to go everywhere, as if it wasn't fleshed enough it would be of no interest.

I hope this won't prove true in the actual game, as there is no point in taking risks without profits.

What if you're being gunned down and there are too many enemies or you're doing a pacifist playthrough, and there's conveniently someone driving a car past you?

Wouldn't you rather have the option to steal the car and get out of there, than to not even have that option?

Do one knows if stolen cars can be sold or if stealing car is just there for the gimmick?

I mean, I cant point to a specific time they have said "no" but I think I can confidently say you can not sell stolen cars. It would also be a game breaking mechanic if you could just steal car after car to sell.

But yeah I dont think this is something I need A source for to say "you can not sell stolen cars"

I mean, I cant point to a specific time they have said "no" but I think I can confidently say you can not sell stolen cars. It would also be a game breaking mechanic if you could just steal car after car to sell.

Why would it be a game breaking mechanic, as long as it have real consequences?
I mean, there is probably a reason why not every mercenary steal cars for a living instead of being bullet-magnets.
Post automatically merged:

I had already seen that, but "keeping it" and "selling it" wasn't the same for me.

It looks so such like merchants stuff only being able to be buyed but not stolen for no reason.
Post automatically merged:

What if you're being gunned down and there are too many enemies or you're doing a pacifist playthrough, and there's conveniently someone driving a car past you?

Wouldn't you rather have the option to steal the car and get out of there, than to not even have that option?

I laughed when I read "pacifist playthrough", considering the universe of C2020. Don't you meant: No kill playthrough?

And, yes, just as much as having the possibility to use the iconic "facedown" which isn't there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom