Cyberpunk 2077 — Night City Wire: Episode 4

+

DC9V

Forum veteran
Section 1:07 - 4:29
There's too much compression on the audio. The car-sounds lack of dynamics.
Check out the dedicated Vehicles Trailer for better audio quality. :)

Last edited:
LOVED the look at vehicles. I wonder how many junkers I'll wreck getting a feel for the games driving mechanics. Then how many more "decent" vehicles I'll wreck due to in-game action or player fumble fingers. CP22077 is NOT a racing game, but I'd say CDPR went beyond reasonable expectations to create a pretty good limited approximation of one.

As to character style, I'm very much a jeans and t-shirt type of person so none of the clothing styles really appeal to me.

Cosplayers ... damn I wish I had half their talent and creativity!

(( Repost, feel free to delete the original in the "General: Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion" thread. ))

As to character style, I'm very much a jeans and t-shirt type of person so none of the clothing styles really appeal to me.

Well, I'm a jeans and t-shirt person myself. Maybe that means we squeak into the necessity-over-style 'entropism'. Face it, we're Nomads at heart! ;)

Last edited:
I'm more of the Corporate style myself. Check out the 'In Styles'-video at 3:39 to see what I want to wear.

Attachments

• CorporateBackground02.jpg
    CorporateBackground02.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 83
Substance over style is my way to go. Gotta be prepared...👹

As for cars, whatever is fast and bulletproof

Nice. Like the variety. I do have a question though? No Harley Davidson "Thundergods" or Bermuda Triangle trikes? Where's the love for us modern day cowboys? Don't get me wrong, the "crotchrocket" bikes are pretty cool, but 'neh. How can I be a "Harley Davidson" or a "Marlboro Man" without a REAL BIKE? But maybe I need to elaborate:
Post automatically merged:

Or, here's a better shot of what I'm referring to:

Last edited:
Well, that Wire turned out better than I expected, at least the parts about the vehicles. Still not a huge fan of the format (basically a long commercial of sorts) but I enjoyed it for what it was nonetheless, thanks in no small part to Hollie’s presentation skills :cool:

So, some observations:
  • I’m not really into cosplays but, still, I respect the outstanding job these people did on their cosplays.
  • At last, we got a look at the updated character creator! :D... for, like, 2 seconds :(
  • Saw some more nice-looking rain effects and even a sandstorm of sorts in the Badlands.
  • The weird ghosting effect while driving wasn’t of my liking at all but, thankfully, Marcin Momot pointed out that it was a bug already fixed in the game itself.
  • The music was great! I particularly loved the Kung Fury-like, synthwave one from the “Economy Cars” section of the Rides of the Future video and the first track of the Revving Up Night City video. Also, the work the sound design team did for the cars alone looks greater than what I expected, kudos to them :beer:
  • I noticed some functioning arcade machines. Hopefully V can use them!
  • I’m really liking the look and feel of Santo Domingo. It really seems like a very miserable yet lively place.
  • I was positively surprised by the small “cameo” of what appears to be the Crystal Palace :oops:
  • Oh, and, of course, the cars look awesome. Yeah, even the Maimai :LOL:
Overall, a really nice Wire, although I hope they finally get to cover the music of the game and more meaty gameplay stuff (e.g. perks, a proper look at character creation) in the next one.

msxyz

Forum regular
What a dystopian future! Cars are really ugly! :p No wonder Johnny still clang to its old 911. And not a single Italian Sport car in the list of exotics... :(

I hope that isn't an updated character creator, it looks several stages back to 2018s version with a few presets and a minimal slider with just a few selections..not the dozens of choices from other recent showings of it.

They could have shown us a few more bikes. The one shown is very similar in style to the Yaiba style bikes already shown, so it would have been nice to see a Brennan bike as well, so show off how the bikes also have different styles to them.

I loved the bikes. I was saying when I saw them, "Does it come in pink?" <3
Yes, motorbikes are a bit better. I'm not rally a fan of futuristic looking cars. In fact, I do believe that even today's' cars are generally trying too hard and they end up looking boring or plain ugly. Car design peaked around 20 yrs. ago, but now I'm digressing....

I think I'll end up embracing corpo-militaristic style... the least clownish of what I've seen.

This NCW was really good! I was especially happy hearing bit different kind of music in the background this time, and not just the rap+hiphop which I hate. Maybe the artists have had difficulties with the deadlines or CDPR doesn't think that music to be worthy of a trailer. At any rate, I won't say the music blew me away but at least it was different style than previously. Closer to rock maybe? I also think that CDPR toned the music volume down in the trailer, just in case? (I find this interesting since its as if they are reacting to my complaints about the previous wires. Not that the volume is too loud, but if the music is abhorrent, they had best play it quieter..)

The cars and driving physics looked really good. The style portion was good, although there was not that much new footage of corpos and neomilitarism style. The other styles were represented better. Looking good, and versatile!

It was a surprise to hear about cooperation with Keanu's motorcycle company and the sound effects portion was really impressive. Overall big thumbs up for this episode!

I have one, not complaint, but worry about the number of base models of the cars... I spent about two hours last night taking screenshots and analyzing the trailer (lot of info crammed in couple minutes), and now it feels like I can look at any CP2077 footage and know the make and model of every car in there. Its one of those once unseen, cannot be unseen things. It feels alarming that I'm able to do that, and now I am constantly reminded that there are not that many different cars in there. I know I haven't seen all of them, or at least know the name of the models, but it feels like I've already seen two thirds of them and the game isn't even out yet.

I can see that Nomad lifepath V starts with a Thorton Galena, that Dexter Deshawn drives around in a Chevillon Thrax, that the armored cruiser Stout shows up to meet V with is a Chevillon Emperor. Entropism style poster? Makigai Maimai. Neomilitarism poster? Chevillon Thrax. Kitsch poster? Villefort Alvarado. Neokitcsh poster? Rayfield Aerondight. Etc etc...

I was happy to finally see some bikes , i wonder if there`s not many to pick from ? I know i want to ride them and to steal Bottleblonde`s idea about a pink one for my Female V .

Pink Pink Pink!! @marianny1616 💕 | Motorcycle girl, Pink motorcycle, Pink  bike

Last edited:
I was happy to finally see some bikes , i wonder if there`s not many to pick from ? I know i want to ride them and to steal Bottleblonde`s idea about a pink one for my Female V .

Well lets hope CDPR has a pink version somewhere.. since visual customization is not a thing.

I counted maybe three base models shown with couple variations?
1. The Yaiba Kusanagi we know
yaiba kusanagi.jpg

2.This thing which appears to be a variation of Kusanagi
2.jpg

3. The "Arch motorcycle" we dont know the full name of yet. Its made in collaboration with Keanu's motorcycle company Arch motorcycles.
arch1.jpg
arch2.jpg

4. Lastly the Brennan Apollo with some variations.
nomadcycle1.jpg

brennan apollo.jpgbrennan apollo classic.jpg

I know i am nit picking but in the first two pics the bike looks a little short on the body or long on the wheels :shrug:

I saw that Makigai, and that's all I ever dreamed of. Thanks ! :cool:
(no joke)

[edit] I forgot to mention the car physics, the cars seem quite lightweight, aren't they ? (look at crashing motion and action-movie-like jumping over each other)

Top Bottom