Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
No,that they didn't experience any of the bugs and glitches.

That isn't unbelievable though. I've played through this game twice, clocking in little over 100 hours and I only came across 1-2 minor bugs. Other people have played just as long, or less and have come across bugs I didn't even come across. With the amount of programming that goes into a massive game like this, it's not outside of the norm for random bugs which makes it not only difficult to find but also difficult to reproduce.

Then there's the obvious fact that virtually every game launches with bugs. So there's nothing new here.

Did he just say that they are proud of the PC release?=))))))))

What's not to be proud of? The game runs incredibly well on PC, and in my 2 playthroughs I didn't really come across any bugs aside from 1-2 very minor ones. That's a feat for a new release, especially a game as complex as this one.

I was waiting for the /s at the end of the post but you are actually serious ...

Good one. I'm in stitches.

I am not impressed with this video mainly because I haven't heard anything in terms of improving the game, as in game systems, until march, and even then it is very questionable which issues will be addressed. Most of the fixes as far as I can see are connected to bug fixing and stability.

I have finished the game three times already, 1st time as male street kid, then as male corpo and finally female nomad. My game had a few bugs and other similar issues but what frustrates me the most are things like the criminally designed wanted system, illogical and bad crafting, lackluster character appearance customization (mostly inventory, but also character customization in terms of having a barber or a hairdresser), questionable itemization, NPC AI, driving AI, vehicle handling, enemy scaling and many other quality of life missing features like key rebinding, mini map zoom out when driving and other issues that have been well documented on this forum. When we will hear about these things? Will the developers at least address these issue or maybe post something whether they will be fixing these things at all? Are they even aware these things are problematic? The explanation in the video about these issues is vague at best. That is why it would be much better if the developers didn't post anything other then full overview of the situation. Instead, in my opinion, they gave us a hasty response which is mostly focused on damage control for the console players. That is not the way you should do it, especially since there are other issues that require your attention and are equally important.

I really hope we will get some information about the things I have mentioned in the nearby future because these system are what makes the game what it is and if these issues are not mended then this game will be forever flawed, or better yet, it will seem unfinished.

id like to say i admite this company born from nothing and delivered some legendary storys and treated ur customers as valued and respected ppl not simple coin bag that would abuse and still turn to u coz nothing elce oute there like other studios with microtransactions and pay agen and agen for a game u already buyed and i buyed cyberpunk on pc to suport u and watch the next masterpice and i wasent disapointed evrything works perfect the world is amaizing story is legendary and u rly immerse and get the fealing of be in that world coz of how rich and beutifull it is i hope and pray more ppl will see it too and exprience this apsolute beutifull games and world u have bring to life i jast wish i had the pc to suport it at its max capabilitys but still i am glad i can see and exprience its splendor and ur work with my eyes i am also saded to see so many ppl flame *ciritics* mostly a game that i exprinced with over 100h gametime and had 0 gamebreaking bugs nothing a fast load would not fix yet i see ppl nitpick and try to find cracks in the art is like watching untaltnted hacks trying to pick flaws in mona lisa like they could ever do somthing eiven near to that yet thats all they good for nawdays what critics say u have to folow oposite direction they complite bios anyways tnx for ur hard work and hope u will conitnue with it for many many years and ill try to suport u anyway i can plz keep the gr8 game coming we have so few of them nawdays and eiven few companys that value its players and customers also plz ingore the ppl that cry yet would not buy eiven if u did evrything they asked some ppl jast whana cry focus on doing what u did with witcher and we the gamers will never let u down

terriblle sorry for the grammar error got righting form dislexia hope ppl can make sence of what i say rly wanted to say it and let it out :D

Guest 4502018

A little over 300 hours in now.
Obviously by time spent, I do in fact enjoy the game.
It isn't as bad as some are saying, but there definitely are issues that require an address. I won't go through it all, the defects have been reported so much that if you guys aren't aware by now, there are more problems than just the game.

As someone that does enjoy the game as is, I won't deny that I could enjoy it more. There are a lot of mechanics that don't behave as was advertised, and worse. It's impossible not to notice the holes where content was or should be, content that is inexplicably missing. Despite enjoying the game as is, there are a TON of things that should operate differently or at least better. For the sake of argument I will mention 2 examples briefly.
1. The general npc AI.
Promise: the most realistic and immersive crowds ever in gaming.
Delivery: where to begin. Some npcs aren't even solid or collidable (I know, it's not a word ;)). It seems once they are startled they remain crouched PERMANENTLY, including if your vehicle pulls right up to them and blows the
horn, they don't move. So many other things, but let's just say the pedestrian AI...it's not just bad, it's pretty
much non-existent, they have maybe 2 reactions to stimulus from the player, that's it.
2. Police & Police AI.
I won't even break it down to promises, the way the police system works (hehe) in this game is embarrassing. Games
from the early 2000's had police that worked better. They literally spawn right on top of your character. WTAF? They
should NEVER spawn in sight line, it EVISCERATES any immersion. Plus, after you massacre 1/2 dozen cops, if you just
sit there eventually your stars just disappear, and the police forget all about you, a mass murderer of police ;). There are
no car chases, there is no sustained system for being "wanted" by the law. It's just an empty shell that looks like there
was some intention to have a system in place that never got implemented.

Anyway, I won't get into the issues overly because they have been put forward a lot already, so the issues that need to be fixed I hope are already plain to the dev team.

I appreciate the requests for public feedback, and the efforts made to be fair to the consumer with refunds and declarations to fix the issues. CDPr still has my trust, I wish you guys luck in putting this game in order properly, and I wish you guys the best. Do not squander this opportunity, gauging by the response to this game thus far, I don't think you'll get a 3rd try at this, make this time fixing the game count.

They delivered on everything they promised. What they didn't deliver on was the massive amount of assumptions people made based on concept art or development footage. They're not responsible for peoples fantasies, nor their disappointment when their unfounded assumptions aren't included in the game.

The amount of disinformation around this game is nothing short of astounding. From imaginary "cut content" to "choices don't matter" lies. This game is the most in depth RPG ever created, hands down. For people to act as if Skyrim or some other third rate shallow game is anywhere near this is laughable. I followed this development since the first trailer. Only difference is I didn't inject my personal assumptions into the game like the vocal minority of this community seem to have. I expected something just as good as Witcher 3, and received a game that was even better.

Well then I think it would not make much sense to post the list with all the things they had stated in their marketing campaign to be in and are actually missing as far as NCW, which was literally max month before the launch. Cause it had been posted on this forum milion times, even with time stamps sourcing the video where they said so, or their twitter posts/videos.

Dear gamers,

We are committed to fixing bugs and crashes and will continue to work and improve the game via future updates to make sure you are enjoying the game regardless of the platform.

We will use this space to inform you about the progress being made on Cyberpunk 2077’s further development, including information about updates and improvements, free DLCs, and more.

Below, you’ll find CD PROJEKT’s co-founder’s personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio’s perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles.

Thank you

CD PROJEKT RED

This video was created in English so only the English version fully reflects our message. Subtitles in other languages were added solely for your convenience.

FAQ

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A
: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we've underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A
: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A:
We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A:
Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A:
We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
For those who are playing the game on next-gen consoles via backwards compatibility, we are planning the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series consoles, and PlayStation 5, this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A:
The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: When is the game coming back to PlayStation Store?

A:
We are working on fixes and updates, and are working with Sony to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A:
The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.

Greetings CD Projekt Red.

I am sending this from Chile; I am a PC gamer. and I want to be able to make a request to your video game Cyberpunk 2077. Cyberpunk 2077 is an excellent game and where I have not had many inconveniences in the experience of the game, only some graphic bugs.

My request is related to a character that appeared in the 48-minute gameplay trailer that your company showed on August 27, 2018. The character of "V" was characterized by a woman, it was described that the character was predetermined. When buying the game, in the character edition section, this character was not found by default. Making different attempts from his character editor, it was impossible for me to recreate her face due to the limited elements or parts of the face that the character editor has.

I know that at this time it is not a priority for you. Even so, the character showed different physical characteristics, be it beauty and a perfect complement to the environment of the game that I would like to see in my gameplay, in addition to showing a charisma in the gestures, seen in the cinematics that I would like to be able to see.

That is why I want to ask you to incorporate the characteristics, the physical form, and your face as default in the character editor.

Also, as a help, in my current gameplay, I have had problems with some elements that perhaps describe them, you can fix them:

• The character and her clothes do not show that she was wet when it rained
  • The character's hair does not move when riding a motorcycle.
  • Character hair disappears in photo mode or in character shadow.
  • When removing the character's clothes, he is naked on the pause screen but when returning to the game the character is wearing underwear.
  • As you remove the character's clothing and walk, the character's footsteps continue to sound like they are wearing shoes.
  • In the character's apartment and in the weapon and clothing storage room. It does not exist or does not show the option to place them in the cabins that the wall has.
  • Rain does not show the water running off the screen.
  • The bike does not break on collision.
  • To be able to eliminate item in group or disassemble item in group. Or select several items to remove or unmount.
  • Being able to use a closet for clothes as shown in the 48 minute gameplay and being able to select certain clothes. Or default to the last best set of clothes.
  • Improve the artificial intelligence of the characters, making the NPCs can flank and search, making the confrontation more immersive.
  • In photo mode, you can add more options for feminine poses, to show beauty and elegance.
  • Being able to have the option that each implant, the character must sit down so that the ripperdoc can perform the intervention, that would give it more realism.
  • That the character, when injured, can bleed.
  • Be able to select or improve the minimalist interface shown in the 48 minute gameplay
Perhaps the elements described are not a problem for the experience of the game, but they would give more realism.

I hope that the main objective and reason for this can reach your group of developers and they can integrate the character of "V" shown in the 48-minute gameplay of 2018.

I will leave an attached image of this character.

Best regards.

Attachments

• pretty cyber woman.jpg
    pretty cyber woman.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 62
That isn't unbelievable though. I've played through this game twice, clocking in little over 100 hours and I only came across 1-2 minor bugs. Other people have played just as long, or less and have come across bugs I didn't even come across. With the amount of programming that goes into a massive game like this, it's not outside of the norm for random bugs which makes it not only difficult to find but also difficult to reproduce.

Then there's the obvious fact that virtually every game launches with bugs. So there's nothing new here.

What's not to be proud of? The game runs incredibly well on PC, and in my 2 playthroughs I didn't really come across any bugs aside from 1-2 very minor ones. That's a feat for a new release, especially a game as complex as this one.

Good one. I'm in stitches.
Oh, so if you didn't notice any bugs, then the game is perfect. Got it.....
How about the missing content? That's what I'm most interested in. Where's the game they showed before release?

@CDProjektRed
Stop focusing on story DLCs.
You will be way better off focusing on gameplay additions. Add customisations to our characters, cars, add flats and mansions that can be purchased, INTRODUCE RESPWANING SIDE/MINI-QUESTS (!) and add depth to romances and general interaction.
Make the (already) awesome city breathe, give it more LIFE!

He's playing up the PC version despite it being a bug riddled mess? This company needs to start being honest with itself before it can be honest with it's customers. The PC port is nothing to be be proud of.

Except it isn't? Maybe you should stop watching outrage youtubers and getting your news from them. I've played through twice and only encountered 1-2 minor bugs. I know so many more across all platforms who can attest the same. This isn't Skyrim, the Bethesda forums are that way ------------------>

Also, it isn't a port. The game was developed for PC first, he literally says that in the video.

The game is a masterpiece, on PC and for what it is as an RPG. Console versions are held back largely by their hardware limitations, but it doesn't detract from the achievement this game is. Anyone who says otherwise obviously hasn't played the game in any serious way.

So we don't get DLC's earlier than March/April?

It's very hard to read that graphic they provided given there's no scale, but I'd say late February/early March the soonest.

I love the game to death. Loving each update. Small problem on PC for me, I can't get Jackie to come out of the all foods factory once the mission ends. Unless I kill ........then all goes fine. But I prefer not to do that. Just a small heads up.

<3

Oh, so if you didn't notice any bugs, then the game is perfect. Got it.....
How about the missing content? That's what I'm most interested in. Where's the game they showed before release?

I understand selective reading is all the rage with the outrage community, but you know that's not what I said. :rolleyes:

Missing content? Imaginary "cut content" from people who saw a piece of conept art, or read into something does not make something "missing content". This game isn't Skyrim. It isn't GTA. It was never meant to be. If you want to play those games, with their mechanics, then go play them. Anyone who played Witcher 3 knew what they were getting into with this game, and they delivered - well beyond what that game did.

Im glad bugs and performance are going to be fixed. We all assumed it would. But, it kindve dismisses how much of the game feels gutted, and unfinished? The core of the game.. Not interactive, no real choice/consequence, AI, lack of gangs, etc. Its just a shooting gallery, with some missions placed all over, and a very short, linear story.

Don't want to be rude but if what was said about the older consoles is true they must not be very good at testing.

It's kind of hard to test something when you're working on finishing it up until the last minute. Welcome to modern game design in 2021. Where players act as your beta testers/QA on finished products :).

I'm happy you haven't had a lot of issues. I can't play this game for more than 5-10 minutes before I notice some odd little graphical/collision/physics glitch on PC. It would be true to say these issues are fairly minor but they exist in spades (they are very subtle sometimes... but they are there).

I'm not really surprised their stance is to focus on the console issues either. Overall, even with everything, I don't think this is a bad game when it works correctly. I wouldn't have... ~230 hours played if I thought it was rubbish. Even if there were exactly zero glitches or bugs it's not exactly a masterpiece either though. It's got a lot of jekyll and hyde going on with the quality, IMO. You're welcome to disagree. If you love it then great.

I understand selective reading is all the rage with the outrage community, but you know that's not what I said. :rolleyes:

Missing content? Imaginary "cut content" from people who saw a piece of conept art, or read into something does not make something "missing content". This game isn't Skyrim. It isn't GTA. It was never meant to be. If you want to play those games, with their mechanics, then go play them. Anyone who played Witcher 3 knew what they were getting into with this game, and they delivered - well beyond what that game did.
There is nothing imaginary about the demos shown, nor the next gen, interactive, immersive, rpg experiene that has been touted for the last few years. Thats very disingenuous to pretend we did not see all that, or hear the conversations, or take part of dev streams, etc.

The most immediate concern is bugfixes and making sure the game is playable across all platforms. Compared to last gen, the PC release is pretty good, so i can see why they would make that comparison.

Some people here though seem to think that, because they've only directly stated this, that NOTHING else is going to get changed. Considering they have the entirety of 2021 after Febuary dedicated to free DLC, content and gameplay updates, I don't really see the worry about them not releasing anything. My main concern is what this content will be, as it rightly should be fixing issues with the game such as police, adding some minor cut content which seems like it should be in the game already (sitting at bars, eating etc), and hopefully, adding more content in regards to the positives of the game (IE Story content and extra character content for the stars of the show, such as Panam and Judy).

I'd like a more in-depth roadmap for what their vision of the game is going to be in a years time. That's what we needed here, because we already know that they plan to iron out the bugs.

Faith. Lost. I'm not gonna sugar coat this. No mention of fixing or adding any cut-content? Just fixing bugs, glitches and crashes. Sure...Have fun selling multiplayer, it's only downhill from here. Keep pretending that under all the bugs, the game is a masterpiece that you guys are "proud" of. Pff...Take a good, hard look at Kingdom Come: Deliverance, a game made by a rookie company, making their first game ever in 2018, with less time and budget. Warhorse studios just owned your a**es...But hey, please hype the next game when you are ready :ROFLMAO:. Try to soothe the community with FREE DLC's. "Alternate look for Judy Alvarez" YAAAAY...what a joke.

EVEN WITHOUT THE BUGS AND GLITCHES, THE GAME IS MEDIOCRE!!!!

Im glad bugs and performance are going to be fixed. We all assumed it would. But, it kindve dismisses how much of the game feels gutted, and unfinished? The core of the game.. Not interactive, no real choice/consequence, AI, lack of gangs, etc. Its just a shooting gallery, with some missions placed all over, and a very short, linear story.

And you've just exposed yourself a someone who either hasn't played the full game, or only done one playthrough. This false notion that the story is linear, or that there are no choices and consequences is honestly laughable given the amount of choices and consequences in this game, especially for minor quests. Just stop perpetuating this fiction, the devs being the ones who programmed all of it know it's not true - and the players who have done multiple playthroughs and experienced a multitude of differences know as well. It just makes you come across as disingenuous.

Top Bottom