Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
CD PROJEKT RED, I only have have one thing to say to the developers, even if it takes you 2 years, the ambition that you had for this game, everything that you had thought for it, please do complete it, I just wanna see what exactly all of the developers wanted for these games, I really hate that this was made to rush by the executives, I don't understand, the executives are not the developers, the developers know best, anyone with a right sense of mind knows that. I can see the motive, the scope of this whole game, it's huge and I know the developers can do it, I will put my faith in the developers and even if it takes 2 years I want them to show me what they actually wanted for this game. Don't be put down, I support the developers, and I are very angry with the executives, those who rushed the dates, it could have been big, shame on you executives that couldn't see or understand the scope of this game, all of these executives should not be in the game industry if they can't see that, guess you executives can only see money, if you were in trouble with money you could have asked the public for money and they would have supported, this way pressurizing the developers was the worst thing that was done. Shame on the executives.

I just finished the game after 130h (yeah, I take my time, I never used fast travel and I finished all gigs etc...).

Yes, there are some bugs, yes there are missing features, yes, the game is not perfect.

But personally, I really loved the game, it was a powerfull and heartbreaking journey. I have been playing video games for over 20 years and only two games gave me so much emotion. The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077.
I wanted to thanks the dev team for that. I'm working in video game industry and I know working conditions are sometimes difficult, there are hardcore deadlines, sometimes you have to reset and restart a task you've been on for weeks... But you managed to release a game that actually works.

Stay strong guys ! Keep doing good work, I believe in you !

I have a important question about the quality.
WHERE IS THE WHEEL?
What are these people playing without the wheel? Have you CUT OUT the wheel? Cutting out half of the game didn't seem enough for you, and you even cut out the roulette wheel?
hahahahahaha! that is pretty sad, I never noticed that how great this game is. jeeez

I got 20hours out of it till I realized it's an empty shell of a game.

I'm peed off at myself for not realising what a POS this game was within 2 hours. I was expecting some kind of working, living ,breathing city. Instead we got a shallow broken mess.

Some of you must be blind to the bugs and problems. Is it some kind of gaming Stockholm syndrome?? Or is it ok that the company of the 'gamers' are allowed to flat out lie to us?

Does this answer your question?
That doesn't mean it's perfect, but I typically laugh at the stuff that's broken or incomplete - because that stuff's funny, and it's only a game. I work around it, have a laugh or a little sigh, and move on; because life's too short.
There are glimpses of the potential there: enough for me to see what it is they intend to achieve, so I'm willing to be patient, and to carry on playing regardless. With CDPR's history of swathing changes after release (Witcher 3 was unrecognisable after a year), this could be the last time of being able to play it in its current form, so why not? There's shonkiness and incomplete or 'immersion-breaking' stuff in every game. So what?

I would say 'gaming Stockholm syndrome' fits the bill fairly well.

(don't let CDPR fool ya guys & gals, you paid good money for a product because of what was advertised; regardless of whether or not you are playing on PC, latest-gen or last-gen console, you got ripped off. You were shown one thing, and given another, the ol' 'bait n' switch'. You are being told "The issues are only on last-gen consoles due to some bugs that we didn't see in testing" instead of "We wanted to reach market in time for Christmas so we delayed long enough to cut what wouldn't be ready & patch things together just in time for the holidays" for a reason. CDPR is looking to be in a very precarious position legally at the moment, and if they were to admit the game was purposely cut & cobbled in order to reach market, things might not go so well for them. As Martin said, "don't blame the devs, blame the execs" [just for different reasons than what they want you to believe]. Here's hoping people hold them to it, and they give us the vision they sold us on!)

- Witcher 4 is gonna start as a bugfest. Oh well, just keep polishing it till it's great.

- Cyberpunk 2078 comes out in a massively bugged state. Oh well, just keep polishing it till it's great.

- Witchpunk 3000 comes out and crashes every minute. Oh well, just keep polishing it till it's great.

Do you see where this is going? keep softballing these companies and they will continue doing this with their games, cause they know they will get away with it.

Dude. Bugs happen. Games nowadays are massive. It takes hundreds of people to make them. Tons of scripting, software design, game engine designing, software rendering, etc etc, the list goes on for miles. All games just about have problems at launch and it's not hard to understand why if you think about it. They're not "trying to get away with it." Why would a game company intentionally put out something with bugs in it that could hurt their sales revenue? That doesn't make any sense and is just completely preposterous to think that. Stuff just happens. At least they're putting forth effort to fix the issues. Some games just don't and go straight into pushing out DLCs for astronomical amounts. Like soulcalibur and fallout 76 just to name a few. CDPR isn't. They're focusing on the problems to fix them first and THEN going to release DLCs, for FREE. Which speaks more to their commitment and dedication to their fans and customers than can be said for 98% of the other game companies out there. Plus as I've said, the game isn't even broken. It has a few bugs, but nothing really critical or game breaking imo, and I'm playing it on the old gen console.

Does this answer your question?

I would say 'gaming Stockholm syndrome' fits the bill fairly well.

(don't let CDPR fool ya guys & gals, you paid good money for a product because of what was advertised; regardless of whether or not you are playing on PC, latest-gen or last-gen console, you got ripped off. You were shown one thing, and given another, the ol' 'bait n' switch'. You are being told "The issues are only on last-gen consoles due to some bugs that we didn't see in testing" instead of "We wanted to reach market in time for Christmas so we delayed long enough to cut what wouldn't be ready & patch things together just in time for the holidays" for a reason. CDPR is looking to be in a very precarious position legally at the moment, and if they were to admit the game was purposely cut & cobbled in order to reach market, things might not go so well for them. As Martin said, "don't blame the devs, blame the execs" [just for different reasons than what they want you to believe]. Here's hoping people hold them to it, and they give us the vision they sold us on!)
Stockholm syndrome implies a captive audience unable to escape. Utterly ridiculous.

You missed the most important bit:

It's only a game.

Honestly, it gets old listening to suits apologize after making greedy choices. No, you weren't surprised, yes you knew how bad the game would be. You ignored the devs opinions and what they had to say.

Is it difficult for business men in the entertainment business to realize that you can't go cheap and take shortcuts when your entire business depends on entertaining your customers. You can't drop a hot plate of shite in front of everyone and then go "oops, sorry". I can't imagine being a game developer in these situations, working on something that can be great and yet knowing the higher ups are willing to risk all credibility for money they were going to get anyways. Sure seems like they picked the absolute worst scenario to run through.

"Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities."
You said that for Cyberpunk 2077. Why the hell would we believe you guys now.

So I'm here because you refused to refund my game, even if I barely completed the prologue because of how shitty the overall experience was.

I expect at least an update fixing the abismal performance on PC. Keep in mind I have a Ryzen 3800XT and RTX 2070S. Game runs like ass to say the least, even with DLSS on (which I shouldn't activate in raster).

I won't hold my breath for fixes, but in any case it's clear that you don't deserve trust anymore.

So I'm here because you refused to refund my game, even if I barely completed the prologue because of how shitty the overall experience was.

I expect at least an update fixing the abismal performance on PC. Keep in mind I have a Ryzen 3800XT and RTX 2070S. Game runs like ass to say the least, even with DLSS on (which I shouldn't activate in raster).

I won't hold my breath for fixes, but in any case it's clear that you don't deserve trust anymore.

I don't know what your quality settings are, but I am running the game with 16G of RAM, Intel Core i3 8100, and Nvidia 1050 2G, and while the game isn't exactly smooth all the time, it runs ok. Graphic setting is on the low end but it works.

So if you run everything on max with ray tracing on, then even the best hardware available will struggle. Ray tracing is just extremely hard on computational resources but not necessary to enjoy the game. I do agree the game is a bit buggy though but so far nothing permanently game breaking (there's cars going through each other as though they don't exist, in the Panam ending the tanks sometimes gets overturned making it impossible to continue unless you reload to an earlier save) but I trust it will get fixed in time.

Lets pray together they wont just fix regular bugs with this patch but also improve the traffic with these spawns and despawns. Lets pray together....I dont wanna wait for the damn february patch or maybe they will never improve it. Would be such a waste.

I believe that the below quotes from another thread are relevant and important to post here in the " official dev " thread as they offer a different view from the other more negative subjective opinions that are represented in this thread.

I can't answer that until I see some sensible description of what was cut. All I've seen here so far are ppl who don't understand how game development works and think everything they fantasized about last night should be included in the game or just plain clickbait posts
OHH 100% agree with this.

It was open devolvement process. Even if they started with 100 features and only 40 made it to release on December 10 .

That is still the "finished game"

In my mind there is no "missing content" or "false advertising" there is just "ideas" that did not make it to the final cut .

People simply believe what they saw would be in the game . That's not the fault of the developers it on with people expectations without understanding of the open deveopment prosses and did not understand the game may not or included all the features and information that was shown.

pre-orders are a risk buying a game on day one is a risk. As everything is subject to change until release. If people bought in either case in my view that is not the fault of any developer's if they were disappointed.
This. It's like buying a bag of crisps and then complaining that in the ads the bag was full. But you got half crisps and half air in yours. :rolleyes:
yea well marketing is always 100% fact you know because "laws" :facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:
The ai is not a bug...the ai in this game is scripted...you can chage the ai in an ini settings...lol...they can add more lines but dknt expect anithing else...

Honestly love this game. Fantastic story (minus some details like wth happened with Peralez?). In-depth environment and unique characters! I have definitely recommended to others. Excitedly looking forward to any and all new content to be added.

I have 2 major issues. Maybe they were already mentioned but just to add to the voices. Never... ever... ever... do romance scenes in the first-person... ever again. Ever. Bad. In truth... all the cut scenes should have been done in the 3rd person at least, for the simple reason people like to visualize the character they're playing.

The River-Romance. >.> Like... wtf... why give the relationship option at all if there is no relationship after your one-night-bang. o_O Panem gets to learn of your condition. So does Judy. Why wouldn't I tell River? I definitely feel this was left unfinished or broken. One or the other. Please fix this.

So if you run everything on max with ray tracing on, then even the best hardware available will struggle.

I disagree with this. I have had a beautiful and flawless experience with no technical issue or bugs others have reported running all settings as high as they can go on my PC Others have reported the same

please have a look at the link below below if you want to see links to my personal hardware with screen shots benchmark , time spy and fire strike info as well as various others players who posted there experiences and hardware specifications.

(link leads to my personal post not to the general thread itself)

Last edited:

You shouldn't experience any kind of problem with that hardware.
What kind of RAM do you have (ie. frequency, CL)?

What are your graphic settings?
Do you have the game installed on an SSD or HDD?

Top Bottom