Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
The world of the game is phenomenal, the scale and detail are unprecedented.
The graphics, mechanics and possibilities are the widest.
The game is so cool that it is difficult to compare with anything.
The fact that there will be patches and updates is great!
But the fact that the haters forced the studio to apologize is just disgusting!

(1) It's just a facade, there is nothing in the buildings. Or it is just a lock door simulator.

(2) The graphic is fine, but mechanics? Which do you mean?

(3) Maybe after the Mod-Community with some nice outfits, weapon, etc.. came out.

(4) I hope so, if they doesn't do something, CP77 never comes back in the PS Store again.

It's not about haters, it's about who wants a next gen game.

Thank you for keeping us updated, looking forward to any new content and the game being less buggy on current gen consoles

Thanks for keeping at it.
I do feel let down by the gameplay though and I do not feel that those aspects will be addressed sufficiently for me to pick it back up. A lot of the mechanics are just not there or just plain bad, when compared to game decades ago.

I think you made a really nice single-player story game but it's not the world/concepts you promised and lacks any real depth or choice.

I think it's time you own up to setting your sights way beyond what was possible for the team.

The world of the game is phenomenal, the scale and detail are unprecedented.
The graphics, mechanics and possibilities are the widest.
The game is so cool that it is difficult to compare with anything.
The fact that there will be patches and updates is great!
But the fact that the haters forced the studio to apologize is just disgusting!

The potential of the game's world is phenomenal. Same goes for its scale. A pity it's just cubes, locked doors, overlapping structures from different stages of the development (you know, monorails going through actual building's walls and such). Also a pity that nothing in this game world can be properly interacted with. Not the transport system, not bars, stalls, shops, people, benches, chairs, your own home, your own "microcosm" of Megabuilding 10 (the place where I stumbled, in the first hours of playing, on the first few fucked up shit, from invisible walls to no-exit areas that you can get to by jumping down from the balcony above, but have no way to come back out of).

The graphics are great, yeah. So are the ones showcased by UE5 though. The mechanics however... Huh! Are we playing the same game? 'cause I don't even know which mechanics are "the widest" or... wait a minute! What do you mean "The mechanics are the widest"? The fact that cars are able to fly, tumbling through the sky before dropping down on you as a wreck? Cus I sure as hell wasn't expecting that, I admit! The fact that time and matter are negligible quantities here? Like when you just complete the game and it doesn't matter what you chose, you're just tossed back at some arbitrary "point of no return"? Or maybe that you never played another game when you can just randomly pass through solid matter objects so often - and so do all the npcs and vehicles too? Maybe you mean the way equipment is designed and presented, when you're talking about wide mechanics? Like... damage and... damage? Or maybe the way they scaled down the takedown mechanics and the hacking? Or maybe the fact that you're being delivered below minimal info on your enemies, if at all, when either eyeballing them or scanning them (really now, why can't I see their info when I scan'em and get only the quickhack interface at times? why no level? why no stats on gear that go above "armor" and "damage"? why is this minimalist approach so widely used every-fuckin'-where?)

Game is cool, yeah. The cool factor can reach 20!!! But the clothing and street cred are pointless (I mean, without forcing the game, I'm at 40 street cred before The Heist). The fixers too. The love interests which feel more like a 2 nights-stand, if anything. The cars are trash. The apartment(s) too. The stash is broken. The way you can't customize your equipment and end up looking as a dumb twat, if you can't dismantle (at 16 tech) stuff, just so you can have the right mods is infuriating at times. The fact that you can't see how cool you are because they removed 99.9% of the cutscenes is not cool either.

They promised to fix the bugs. They also said that the stuff that has been removed from the game is done so to align to their artistic vision though... Interesting artistic vision for NCPD and gangs behavior indeed! Interesting way of removing all public transport systems NC actually has, leaving you with that half-assed teleporters that at least contribute to breaking immersion. Interesting way of using iconic characters as toilet paper too! Very artistic vision, right there! Adam's screen time is what? 3 minutes? Not talking about how underused all npcs you're supposed to care about are... "This is Jackie! Your best friend! You got it? Good! Now he dies, so go fucking cry!" Their time-constrained artistic vision is here to stay. Besides, this barebones game is perfectly fit to be the map for their upcoming, groundbreaking, world-awing live-service....errr... multiplayer version of CP! Give me a break!

[...]

that's nice and everything but it's been a month and i'm still crashing non-stop. i can deal with the janky AI, buggy quests, the empty city like it's on covid lockdown there's no one walking around. None of that matters when you get booted off the game anytime you try to do anything in the city. well over 200 crashes accross 2 playthroughs, where's the patch that make the game a working product?

When the first thing I had to do after starting the game for the first time, was to look elsewhere for a way to bind movement to the arrow keys, I was very disappointed. I am left-handed and using my left hand for the mouse, the wasd layout is not an option for me. The use of the F-key was not really practical for me neither. Having to edit a config file myself because the game would not let me bind those keys in the key-bind option was really not what I expected from a game that has been in development for such a long time.
How long would it take the programmers to code such a simple thing?

That being said - After being forced to edit that file myself, I have really enjoyed the game. I have not had any game breaking bugs.
Honestly some of the graphic glitches are so comical, I almost wish they will not be fixed.

About the apology video... Please! The fact that a video like that has to be made is ridiculous.
I saw no sincere apology. Just bad excuses. Paying customers do not care about why and how.
They just want what they paid for.

I doubt this video satisfies any of the console players.
This video may just make them even more outraged.

IGN 11/10

Nothing but one persons subjective opinion . Disagree
Post automatically merged:

That is a subjective opinion. I cant believe how some people are overreactive and positive. and clinging in to all the past games that were great that were made before 2016 realize when everything up till then was subject to change. (one company can turn bad EA style at any point in time).

As a PC player i do feel I have been treated poorly.

so with that in mind ( excluding high end pc performance)

My opnion is:
- there are "missing features
-There were shady marketing(syst req Its a lie)
-there were broken promises("Worry not. When thinking CP2077, think nothing less than TW3 — huge single player, open world, story-driven RPG. No hidden catch, you get what you pay for — no bullshit, just honest gaming like with Wild Hunt. We leave greed to others. "CDPR)

It run horribly unplayable on my pc, personally have had many immersion breaking bugs others reported and I feel I have not got my $60 worth.

Your allowed that . I will say I Disagree with your opinion and leave you with a few reposts you may or may not have seen and wish you a good day as I don't want to be seen as skirmishing.

a direct link to a more detailed explanation

It run horribly unplayable on my pc, personally have had many immersion breaking bugs others reported and I feel I have not got my $60 worth.

That does not mean anything towards the game the requirements are guidelines not a guarantee

if you have al the requirements and it does NOT run yet it runs on other peoples computers then logic would dictate its the computer not the software.

I have had no technical issues at all and if you look at this . It seems others have not had issues either . It seems curious that a software can "pick and choose" who it will work for and who it will not.

This is a thread of people sharing various hardware configurations and not having issues

my personal a post in that thread.

Another thread of various people playing on pc with various hardware configurations and not having issues

It's fine on my PC | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

My technical opinion on the software is broken vs software is ( generally ) fine its end user system compatibility issues debate.

Last edited:
What subjective opinion? lol The creator of the vid doesn't even say anything.

They are showing footage for a project that is "in devolvement" an subject to change up to till release date. The starting Ida and t he finished product may or may not be entirely similar. That is how development works .

Its also why I believe there are no missing features or false advertising because things change and the devs have stated as such so it is now a "fact"

Highlighting subjective deficiencies. example personally I don't care about the police or the " ai" so really to me its not a deficiencies there for if one person can have a different view then it becomes subjective )

Also graphical efforts people may not even see depending on what platform they are using .

just to name a few reason if I actually took the time I could find more.

Last edited:
That does not mean anything towards the game the requirements are guidelines not a guarantee if you have al the requirements and it does run yet it runs on other peoples computers then logic would dictate its the computer not the software.

I have had no technical issues at all and if you look at this . It seems others have not had issues either . It seems curious that a software can "pick and choose" who it will work for and who it will not.

Are you serious!!!! Are you really serious?
Just because you and a few others haven't had any major bugs and glitches, the reports, the videos, the experiences of scores of people are just dismissed?

Logic would dictate nothing of the sort, logic would dictate that you and the others on whose engines the game ran okay are the exception to the rule, which is provided by such an overwhelming amount of proof.

Seriously, I haven't had major (meaning game breaking) bugs since 1.04, but I know that I'm lucky and that countless others were not so lucky.
When you have reviewers who have done nothing but sing the praise of CDPR since Witcher 2, make videos reporting the bugs they encountered (and yes we are indeed talking PCs here) and explain why they are frustrated and feel let down, how can you just dismiss that?
Those people earn their money with this, they have the fastest and strongest rigs possible and still they run into those issues and you go by your personal experience and that of a lucky few and claim that it's not the game but the PCs who are responsible?
That is some crooked reasoning, let me tell you that.

They are showing footage for a project that is "in devolvement" an subject to change upt till rease date.

Highlighting subjective deficiencies. example personally I don't care about the police or the " ai" so really to me its not a deficiencies there for if one person can have a different view then it becomes subjective )

Also graphical efforts people may not even see depending on what platform they are using .

just to name a few reason.
In development, aka will be imroved than what is showcased.

Just because you don't care for the lack of police AI it doesn't make it subjective lol. Objectively the AI that is present is nowhere near to the standard that CDPR themselves have created.

This video is as objective as it gets. It simply showcases promo materials to reality. Absolutely nothing subjective about it.

I get the impression people either don't understand what subjective/objective means, or just very generous throwing those words around on this forum.

Just because you don't care for the lack of police AI it doesn't make it subjective lol. Objectively the AI that is present is nowhere near to the standard that CDPR themselves have created.

This video is as objective as it gets. It simply showcases promo materials to reality. Absolutely nothing subjective about it.

I get the impression people either don't understand what subjective/objective means, or just very generous throwing those words around on this forum.

That is not a fact and i disagree

That is not a fact . Your dont need " smart ai" police otherwise in the game for it to function there for its a subjective feature.

"I get the impression people either don't understand what subjective/objective means, or just very generous throwing those words around on this forum."

You have proven that with your own reply. I suggest you read that again and reconsider your won understand of what you accused other s of.

As any more response will most likely be a " skirmish" i say we agree to disagree and wish you a good day.

That is not a fact and i disagree

That is not a fact . Your dont need " smart ai" police otherwise in the game for it to function there for its a subjective feature.

You have proven that with your own reply. I suggest you read that again and reconsider your won understand of what you accused other s of.

As any more response will most likely be a " skirmish" i say we agree to disagree and wish you a good day.
You can disagree all you want. The reason why it's "not a fact" anymore is because people like you are giving green-light to these practices instead of upholding the company to the practices original function.

And yes you do need a smart AI for the system to function within the game. As the police AI works atm it's just a guranteed game over if you decidee you wanna go one a rampage. They might as well just send you to main screen once you shoot 3 civilians. You really haven't disproved my point. not at all.

And I know exactly what I accuse other's of. And I am still standing my ground.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
This matter deserves an entirely seperate thread but what you said is just an optimistic assumption. And if they thought the features would be further improved instead of some of them getting removed, why would they even bother making those disclaimers? What's the meaning of a warning towards players then? And the actual context of their statements show completely otherwise. This paragraph is from the message they shared at the end of the 2018 demo:

"Each time we discussed the idea of showing the game to you (and we discussed this idea a lot), we were ending up in this “we’re not 100% sure” limbo. Why? Because (for most people), when a game dev shows gameplay footage from their game, it means that this is how the game is going to look or play like. It’s not the case here. Cyberpunk 2077 is deep in development. We have a lot of design ideas, a lot of mechanics being playtested, but we don’t know what we’ll end up with at launch. This makes publishing videos like what you just saw risky –we don’t want gamers saying ‘but in that previous video that gun was shooting differently’, or ‘why did you change the interface?’. Change is inherent to game development and there’s a ton of things being modified each day. Our fear was (and kind of still is) that you’ll think what you just saw is how Cyberpunk 2077 will look like 1:1. "

This is beyond obvious for me, and it WAS obvious since 2018. Interpret those disclaimers as you want.

Street cred is tied to doing police work. It doesn't affect how NCPD sees you though. The buggers just spawn on you. Breaking immersion. AI is not needed though, in the game, at all. Nor in the real life. You can stroll through the streets of NC and imagine you're surrounded by genetically modified potatoes. Then you'd be pleasantly surprised how close the potatoes are to mimicking human behavior...

"You don't need police AI" is a subjective statement. Shared by CDPR, but still subjective. However, then we get the 2nd ingredient, called "Creative Process" and the cherry on top, "High scores from the mainstream gaming outlets" and some of us are just about done seeing CDPR as being any different that Todd "It Just Works" Howard's Bethesda...

This matter deserves an entirely seperate thread but what you said is just an optimistic assumption. And if they thought the features would be further improved instead of some of them getting removed, why would they even bother making those disclaimers? What's the meaning of a warning towards players then? And the actual context of their statements show completely otherwise. This paragraph is from the message they shared at the end of the 2018 demo:

"Each time we discussed the idea of showing the game to you (and we discussed this idea a lot), we were ending up in this “we’re not 100% sure” limbo. Why? Because (for most people), when a game dev shows gameplay footage from their game, it means that this is how the game is going to look or play like. It’s not the case here. Cyberpunk 2077 is deep in development. We have a lot of design ideas, a lot of mechanics being playtested, but we don’t know what we’ll end up with at launch. This makes publishing videos like what you just saw risky –we don’t want gamers saying ‘but in that previous video that gun was shooting differently’, or ‘why did you change the interface?’. Change is inherent to game development and there’s a ton of things being modified each day. Our fear was (and kind of still is) that you’ll think what you just saw is how Cyberpunk 2077 will look like 1:1. "

This is beyond obvious for me, and it WAS obvious since 2018. Interpret those disclaimers as you want.
Doesn't change the fact that it's bad practice. The reason why "work in progress" was first used is so that if you see any bugs, or lacking features then people can be reassured it will be ironed out. I honestly don't agree with the notion that expecting what is shown too optimistic. I didn't even want them to improve on what they showed. Being in the game would be enough for me.

And basically what that quote you shared says is that "promising unfinished or unimplemented features in a demo is risky." Then just don't? Show us what is done and ready. Like what demos used to do back in the days of CDs and magazines.

They sold the game with promises of features that were only developed for the verticle slice of a E3 presentation. They didn't allow reviewers to use their own footage. I'm sorry I just can't feel sorry for the company that deliberately sold their game on lies.
It shouldn't be a standard practice and I refuse to accept that arguement that "well everyone does it, gamers shouldn't believe promo material." Promo material shouldn't be anything less than what the consumer will get for their money.

I honestly don't agree with the notion that expecting what is shown too optimistic.
There are things shown, along with warnings repeated over and over again.
They didn't allow reviewers to use their own footage.
Never said anything about reviewers.
"well everyone does it, gamers shouldn't believe promo material."
That's not the point, because I really do not remember any warning that everything seen in the Anthem video could be changed in the future.

I blame CDPR for many mistakes they commited and their dishonest practices with the review process, consoles etc. But it is clear that they made every effort with that demo to prevent players to expect that game. Apparently this was a harsh lesson for them, since their warnings were deliberately ignored and they face a backlash for that demo 2,5 years later.

Top Bottom