Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
You are generalizing, again. Has nothing to do with 'playing games is playing games'... We were talking about actual gameplay and the fact you thought this wasn't some mindbending new experience ie: it was 'lacking'

What did you expect? Claiming every game is the same thing over and over again is a pretty general statement to make. Responding with another general statement feels appropriate. Do you seriously want me to recollect every single game I've played in the last 20 years and point out what was done differently across them?

In terms of thinking it wasn't some mindbending new experience.... When did I even imply this was an issue? A game need not be innovative or handle things radically different to be "good".

I am not fixating on marketing. You seem to have a recurring theme of pushing your narrative on others.

You could have fooled me. Since, you know, you said "people like me" hyped the game up.

In response to the last bit, sorry for ruffling your feathers by pushing my narrative on you. I'm sure you'll get over it.

All of those issues you have stated there I have not come across a single one. Being thrown from building to building? Nope. Vehicles clipping through the world? Nope. I can't agree with your dislike when I haven't had the same problems. I am amazed we have played the same game.

Many of the minor issues aren't obvious if you're not looking for them or lack the awareness to spot them. Others are only triggered via a certain specific sequence of events (and, they are reproducible). I'm a bit mystified how many of these issues would manage to get past testing, honestly. Granted, the modern game design philosophy is to release beta tests as full releases. So I suppose it shouldn't be completely unexpected.

In fairness, most of those aren't a deal breaker. They do exist though. All over the place.

Haven't installed the double jump. I have been using the charged jump and zero problems.

I haven't personally seen the Earth from space. It must be flat....

The purpose of pointing out that single flaw in the fist fights, among the many existing there, is to indicate the mechanics are janky as all get out. Useful feedback in the here and now? Probably not. Useful in later products? Possibly.

Complaining about loot placement? How the crafting works? Come on, man..

Yes, I will complain about loot systems as long as developers continue to think it makes sense to plaster lootable trash over their game worlds, incorporate "junk loot" categories and blindly throw time sinks around for... reasons. The concept of junk loot is bad, has always been bad and will always be bad. It adds nothing you're unable to achieve using much better methods.

The gearing and progression in this game faces similar issues, as noted. It concerns itself less with quality and more creating the illusion of quality.

Crafting gets a pseudo-pass because it's not a terrible system. Even so, it could be a hell of a lot better.

Ok, cool story. We are obviously not going to agree on the fact you think the game is sub par. Especially for the reasons you are now specifying.

I'm happy you think the game is perfect. Admittedly, some of the complaints mentioned earlier are relatively minor. They're still there. The purpose of listing such a long list was to point out the game has quite a number of flaws.

I see this a lot. People complaining about how bad the game is, or how they were lied to. Yet they have dropped hundreds of hours into it. You actually think you have a case for how bad the game is when you have spent close to 12.5 days play time??

I never said the game was garbage. I said I can find glaring faults everywhere throughout it.

The main reasons my play time is as long as it was is due to being a completionist, messing around for no particular reason, going through quests differently only to realize it's mainly an illusion of choice, and intentionally trying to trigger these neat little glitches because they're more entertaining compared to some of the functioning game mechanics. If all that stuff gets cut out my gameplay experience would have been much shorter.

You are making constructive criticism? Ok. CDPR is one of the rare devs who will look at all feedback. But if I see someone playing 12.5 days worth of my game, the last thing I'll think is that they dislike it. Sheesh.

Oh please. Yes, CDPR is a shining beacon of light in a sea of darkness. Now who is falling into the pit of smoke and mirrors?

And yes, if you're all the way up there at the top, looking at the numbers, and know fuck all about what the actual worker bees did to deliver this... masterpiece, you probably would say, "300 hours, we did everything right.".

Hardly. Again, there you are generalizing. I didn't drool over every drop of info or rumour and let my hype build to absolutely ludicrous levels to the point I thought the game was the next coming of Christ.

You got me. It's almost like generalizing someone got schooled by marketing because they think a game has numerous flaws.

Fun fact, I didn't let my hype build to these levels either. Nor did I expect the game to be a revolutionary wonder. At a certain point one becomes conditioned to take these sorts of claims with a salt shaker in hand. At this moment in time this part is less important compared to the quality in the product itself though.

I knew it was essentially an expanded Deus Ex, and that's it in a nutshell. An open world Deus Ex game. And it is great.

Good, I'm happy for you. You can have a second gold star.

very realistic pov .... been holding back trying to think of how to word my frustration .... well put
Yea thanks for understanding... I guess I am frustrated because I am no dev but am very familiar with these high stress job situation but what I learn from all my time working is that just cause you work a lot doesn't mean you get a lot of things done. I am literally using PTO to play and my last 3 days were spent trying to fix what they broke and all I am hearing is thank you this and that but why when its literally their job which in my opinion it was done poorly.

OK, fair enough. Got your point there.

Hardly. Again, there you are generalizing. I didn't drool over every drop of info or rumour and let my hype build to absolutely ludicrous levels to the point I thought the game was the next coming of Christ. I knew it was essentially an expanded Deus Ex, and that's it in a nutshell. An open world Deus Ex game. And it is great.

Now there is what I was talking about, couldn't have made it clearer myself. You probably had seen it coming better than everyone else. Any other advice or sixth sense you can provide to all the rest of the fan-base and media that got fooled and played for by this excellent marketing campaign?

Lived in a cave? What was that about not diminishing another's opinion? :rolleyes:

See my reply to dingo if you need clarification why I am not disappointed in the least with the PC version of CP2077. It hard hardly anything to do with 'living in a cave' bud.

OK, poor choice of words, if you prefer it this way. Didn't mean it to get it to you, just paraphrased your own admission of not following up on the pre-release news - the so-called "hype". Although I am not certain if you speak about the content made by fans or media, or just the ones expertly shot and served by CDPR.

Again with the missing features. Can I see your preorder contract from CDPR stating 100% what content/features would be in the finished product? Any product in development is not an indication of what you are guaranteed. This constant drone of missing features is mind boggling.

I haven't said anywhere that the console release wasn't trash. What is your point there?

Bad scaling on PCs? Huh? I am playing on a 3 year old build. I was able to run at 2K settings in high quality with the eye candy (chromatic aberration etc) disabled. I just got my RTX card last week and now I am on Ultra with every option on at 2K resolution. I don't understand this scaling issue.

You say because it hasn't affected me it doesn't invalidate other's views. You are correct. Just as you having apparently massive issues just running the game doesn't invalidate my relative ease.

Did I ever say I have issues running the game? No. The game runs great on my machine, even if it is not a top notch PC. That doesn't mean I will bury my head in the sand and pretend everyone else is just a bunch of blabbering idiots following the word of the false prophet or being just dumb for believing that the game should run as expected at launch. Still doesn't explain why this game needs so badly to mess something up in order to optimize performance, as the 1.1 patch feedback seems to suggest. Sometimes it works, other times it breaks the game.
Did I peronsally lose a save? No. At least not yet. That doesn't mean I will jab at anyone claiming so. I am 65 hours in and enjoying still, as a mater of fact, yet I do try to see the bigger picture here, which doesn't only include me and my own little fantasy world (even if I would prefer it this way, it's quite nice there).

By all means, please elaborate.

Every example I used is in no way an aphorism. Like, at all. Since you have recently jumped into this conversation with Dingo I would advise you to scroll back to those posts to understand what was being discussed.

OK, so all platformers are Super Mario and eveything added after that is just stuff, but no innovation. Got ya...

And what exactly are you doing? I had to smirk at your first dig about me living in a cave. Then at your next one regarding invalidating a persons opinion/experience. And now this one, where I am a bad, bad person because I disagreed with a different user (not you) regarding how lacking CP2077 is as a game released in 2020.

Other users are also discussing and arguing on whether something is missing or not. You just took it a step further and made it a little more personal with Dingo. Dunno, maybe I am just sensitive at seeing your comments and thought they sounded a little too "in your face", while it was not really merited. Someone believes he/she is owed something by CDPR... sure, why not, that doesn't mean I have to get at them for not agreeing 100%.

I have no issue defending my opinion. You see it as elitist, fine. I can play the game maxed out. Have had 1 crash to desktop and 1 screen freeze. I haven't held the opinion that I am owed xyz feature because it was mentioned or shown at some point during the development of a product ie: a work in progress. I am close to 90 hours in and have had an absolute blast playing.

The whole discussion is stuck in the mud here. We have someone who thinks the game is lacking in multiple ways. Feels they are owed/entitled to 'missing' features or 'cut content' etc. Essentially the game is a let down (but still has 300 hrs into it).

Then there is myself, who feels the game is exactly what I was expecting for a title that was released in 2020. If I can get 300 hours out of any form of entertainment for $60... $70 then I am totally happy. I guess that goes with being an elitist, superior, condescending... That's the terms you stated, right?

Please don't misinterpret, you make it sound worse than what it actually meant. The elitist/superior part only concerned how "you" set yourself apart from "all the rest" who apparently only think the hype was the game. That was the general idea I got from your comments. Which also sound a little too condescending when you diminish other people's opinions based on your own truths.

This doesn't really get us anywhere. I also enjoy the game and I also don't expect everything that was shown pre-release to become a reality, even after this fiasco. But this is still for me personally a major botch of a release compared to the amount of expectations CDPR created on its own, without even further help from the users. It didn't get the title of the most anticipated game of the year by the vast majority of media outlets on its own.

My point is not against the game, even with its faults. It's about CDPR overdoing it with the pre-release events and content, only to see them fall on their faces in the first day of release and not being able to do anything of real value after 1,5 months apart from refunding and apologizing.

That is my main issue; thatit is sad to see CDPR in this state i might have taken for granted with other gaming behemoths. Plus some other issues that come with feedback I get from the forums, like game-breaking bugs I never experienced because i was lucky - yet too many other users meet.

Anyway, I think you get my point... if not I suppose we could argue forever... but that would be counter-productive :)

Examples of games doing stuff better:
FO4, Skyrim, Last of US 1, 2
Crafting, modding of your items, save files

You have to go back to Fallout3 and FoNV to find open world game that had save file size problems and it didn't start until about 10Mb in size and at 12 or so you couldn't load any more. But this is a game that release on PS3 in late 2008, just saying

Bioshock, Mass Effect, both Last of us, Borderlands, All fallout, all elder scrolls, GTA, all and any mmo and the list will go on and on and on .....
Weapons stats/damage vs. leveling and loot drops, loot pickup, selling and/or breaking down, buying wepons
Crafting where present
Looting
Consumables
Armor or Clothing options
Inventory management/Sorting/Selling

Quests/Missions/Gigs/Tasks or whatever you like to call it is also done in a better way in all games mentioned above and I have never before in a game had issues like this because f.e. if there is option tasks they are always given at same time as getting the quest to make you aware there is extra things to do if you want.

This is because many other games give extra xp or better reward if you do the optional tasks but you can skip them.

Sure all open world games have graphic glitches here and there in places, but they are not everywhere and not all the time.
They don't stutter or take 5+ seconds to load textures even if your running or driving fast.
Other thing is that in other games if you just play it normal you may never see the glitches.

As final note almost all other games like this today has a NG+
Why , because that would let you try things like forcing the door open at all foods going back the way you came in which requires 20 body and it would also helped to reach enough levels to do the secret ending on second playthrough.

I could count

We are committed to fixing bugs and crashes and will continue to work and improve the game via future updates to make sure you are enjoying the game regardless of the platform.
Personally i clearly see improvements recent 1.1 patch added, including ones which are not even mentioned in patch notes. Considering rather unfortunate state of the product at the time of its release, at least many months - or possibly yet, even few years - of further such work is required before the company (and the game) could actually obtain universal approval and recognition.

However, even such a large further effort would fail to fix the product (and company's reputation) if updates which roll out are problematic themselves (i.e. introducing new problems while fixing old ones). Worst thing - right now and in observable future - would be to break "something that worked before latest patch" by rolling out a patch which, well, breaks that something.

And there are already posts about few such things introduced by patch 1.1, including in this very forum.

Due to the above, i propose to reevaluate "speed / quality" ratio of patching process towards more quality (i.e. less bugs in patches themselves).

I wish you very best luck, CDPR.

Game looks amazing for me but surely it needs improvements.

I really do think that Cyberpunk will be GOTY for PC after bug fixes.

Also I am happy that CD Projekt is dealing well with the lawsuits and hope there will be no bad impact. We already see a great improvement after patch 1.1 and more is yet to come.

Why , because that would let you try things like forcing the door open at all foods

That's there to give you the illusion of choice, again. You can reach 20 body if you play for it (in a melee setup), but as some people did show on YT, the area you get into is... empty. And it's the main combat zone of the mission.

Before unistalling, I had a 20 INT char. She had 43 street cred and no main mission under her belt aside from the ride with Dex. Didn't force the game, didn't try to cheat my way out of the Act 1 boundaries. So yeah... You don't need NG+ to have another disappointment slap you over the face (like pretty much all stat/lifepath requirements for various convos).

On a side note, 1.1 would've been great if it did lay the groundwork for future patches. Sadly, it would seem that on PC there's more of a step back than forward (gauging that by eyeballing my gf's struggles). There was no way for them to actually deliver anything more than what they did (especially considering the whole PS4 debacle). Problem is... the evidence of working under pressure and on fast forward can be clearly seen in this patch. Not enough time to test and probably not enough time to come up with more options/solutions for every major issue people have been reporting since launch.

But hey! This is actually not that bad... for an alpha stage game. Plenty of room for improvements. A pity it's been called a masterpiece already by both the management and the mainstream gaming outlets!

disappointed.
after 1.1 my game crashes every single time redengine loads. even after 1.11 this problem exists and i see no solition nor fixes over forum.

shame.

Are there any plans to expand on the game and actually make this game an RPG as originally promised? Or are we stuck with a mediocre single player Borderlands with a cyberpunk aesethetic without the interesting guns?
Post automatically merged:

How sincere is the commitment to quality when the studio releases what most people would consider an unfinished product?

Lots and lots of users (on EN and PL forum) are reporting game is crashing when starting. Ever when downgrading to 1.06. I am afraid to upgrade do 1.10/1.11 because it will 99% break my game.

Where is the commitment to quality in that?

Examples of games doing stuff better:
FO4, Skyrim, Last of US 1, 2
Crafting, modding of your items, save files

You have to go back to Fallout3 and FoNV to find open world game that had save file size problems and it didn't start until about 10Mb in size and at 12 or so you couldn't load any more. But this is a game that release on PS3 in late 2008, just saying

Bioshock, Mass Effect, both Last of us, Borderlands, All fallout, all elder scrolls, GTA, all and any mmo and the list will go on and on and on .....
Weapons stats/damage vs. leveling and loot drops, loot pickup, selling and/or breaking down, buying wepons
Crafting where present
Looting
Consumables
Armor or Clothing options
Inventory management/Sorting/Selling

Quests/Missions/Gigs/Tasks or whatever you like to call it is also done in a better way in all games mentioned above and I have never before in a game had issues like this because f.e. if there is option tasks they are always given at same time as getting the quest to make you aware there is extra things to do if you want.

This is because many other games give extra xp or better reward if you do the optional tasks but you can skip them.

Sure all open world games have graphic glitches here and there in places, but they are not everywhere and not all the time.
They don't stutter or take 5+ seconds to load textures even if your running or driving fast.
Other thing is that in other games if you just play it normal you may never see the glitches.

Why , because that would let you try things like forcing the door open at all foods going back the way you came in which requires 20 body and it would also helped to reach enough levels to do the secret ending on second playthrough.

I could count

So at least some people has played other games in the last decade...

So the next question is,
May someone at the company decided to pick:
X unique feature from borderlands,
Y,Z,A from GTA,
B,C,D from Fallout,
E,F,G from DeusEx
H,I The Witcher
etc... and try to implement it to CP2077, and at the end instead of having those features they released and "empty" (liveless?) scenario, with an early implementation of some of those features?
Maybe its only my imagination.

Are there any plans to expand on the game and actually make this game an RPG as originally promised? Or are we stuck with a mediocre single player Borderlands with a cyberpunk aesethetic without the interesting guns?
Post automatically merged:

How sincere is the commitment to quality when the studio releases what most people would consider an unfinished product?

Ohh... I wish it was like Borderlands. At least we would have something to do beside quests. And whole looting/eq grind would be already fun.

I could count
to be fair they'll probably release a ng+. They added a ng+ for TW3 in a patch a couple of months after release.
The only issue is going to be balance, which is a huge problem in this game on any difficulty setting.

Top Bottom