Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
In my opinion, immersion has nothing to do with features like car customization, apartment customization, barber, weapon customization, dining, dating etc. being present or absent. Immersion simply means how believable something is upon a player interaction.

When you stand in the middle of the road, do you expect cars to just stop in front of you and do nothing? No, you don't. You expect the people to honk at you and drive past you. Some of them maybe get out of their car and pick a fight with you. When you start shooting in a packed area, do you expect people there to hunker down unanimously? No, you don't. When you kill a person, do you expect the police to materialize a few meters away a few seconds later? No, you don't. When you take a shower, do you expect no water droplets on your arms? No, you don't expect that, especially when Sandra Dorsett had water droplets on her body. When you shoot a water surface, do you expect the surface to absorb the bullet without any splash? No, you don't.

It does't matter what it is you are interacting with, the key aspect is how close to reality the thing reacts to you or simply how believable the reaction is.

They are following exactly the formula that they originally announced. It's the same, exact approach as TW3:

1.) A bunch of free DLC. These will be small content pieces or minor quests. Just like the various armors for Geralt and Roach and short missions like the Where the Cat and the Wolf Play quest. Nothing huge.

2.) Game Expansions. These will be for sale and will be significant additions to the gameplay. Just like Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. Here is where there will be longer quest lines, new characters, new gameplay mechanics, etc.

3.) Some sort of "Complete Edition" of the whole game including everything in one package.

4*.) * Somewhere in there will be the next-gen update which will overhaul the graphics for next-gen consoles and higher-end PCs. This will be a free update for anyone with the game that has the hardware to use it.

As for "improving the gameplay" -- there has been massive work done to correct issues, increase stability and performance, etc. What exactly was expected here? The game is precisely what was advertised. Once again, studios are not responsible for players' suppositions, speculations, or imaginings. Of course, things will be improved wherever they can be, though I can all but promise you that CDPR is not going to go back and rebuild the entire game because some people claim that [ThisGame] has better road traffic or [ThatGame] has better NPC reactions. Games are different.
"The game is precisely what was advertised" [...] 1. The game doesn't have at least 60% of content, which was in those fancy made trailers. 2. Where is wall running? City metro? Taxi? Monowire hacking? Customising cars, tunnig? Man, i can go on and on... 3. You're fake advertising trailers, lead to the biggest disaster in the first place...

Last edited:
Regardless of who you are addressing or talking about, you are required to always be respectful when posting on this forum. Insults, personal attacks, accusations of lying, etc. will not be tolerated.

Posts deleted and edited.

On Schreier specifically, anonymous *ex* developers who "reached out to" him. Which is why his reporting, not just on CP but much more widely, is difficult and outside the rather micro world of gaming is difficult to take fully seriously as journalism.

If you cannot evaluate the credibility of the sources, if they cannot be corroborated with people willing to be quoted on record, then in "real" journalism, you almost certainly can't run the story absent other evidence to establish its reliability.

On the one hand, he's in an unusual position where few others cover this world, so it's better than no coverage at all. On the other hand, that carries with it the danger that whatever he says gets taken as gospel (not least because he now carries the Bloomberg imprimatur which, given their stronger editorial standards than Kotaku, strikes me as an iffy fit on present evidence).

Guest 3847602

"The game is precisely what was advertised" [...] 1. The game doesn't have at least 60% of content which was in those fancy made trailers. 2. Where is wall running? City metro? Taxi? Monowire hacking? Customising cars, tunnig? man, I can go on and on... 3. You're fake advertising trailers, lead to the biggest disaster in the first place...
Article from July 8, 2020 (155 days before release date):

It's doesn't change a fact of fake advertising. So in you're mind 59% of fake advertised content in those trailers are missing? (Please send help)
As long as the trailers were always "work in progress" (it's the case for any games where generally you don't see anything apart few cinematic made especially) and that it was perfectly known/announced by CDPR that these features would not be in the game on release day (like wall running), no problem at all, at least for me.
If this was a problem for someone because these features were "essential" :
- Either it should not be purchased and even more day one
- Either in the case of a pre-order, request a refund before the release (or before playing it more than 20 hours...).
As easy as that :)

The Next-Gen Update for Cyberpunk 2077 will affect XBX, PS5, and PC. It will be the same sort of improvements on each platform. The changes may be more noticeable on consoles, but they are still being included on PC. Exact details of what will be offered will be announced by CDPR directly when things gets closer to release.

If there are any changes, those will also be announced by CDPR directly. Announcements made by other sources are not official. The studio is not responsible for the assumptions and speculations of 3rd-parties.

On Schreier specifically, anonymous *ex* developers who "reached out to" him. Which is why his reporting, not just on CP but much more widely, is difficult and outside the rather micro world of gaming is difficult to take fully seriously as journalism.

If you cannot evaluate the credibility of the sources, if they cannot be corroborated with people willing to be quoted on record, then in "real" journalism, you almost certainly can't run the story absent other evidence to establish its reliability.

On the one hand, he's in an unusual position where few others cover this world, so it's better than no coverage at all. On the other hand, that carries with it the danger that whatever he says gets taken as gospel (not least because he now carries the Bloomberg imprimatur which, given their stronger editorial standards than Kotaku, strikes me as an iffy fit on present evidence).

"Interviews with more than 20 current and former CD Projekt staff, most of whom requested anonymity so as not to risk their careers,..."
So alegedly current and ex.

"Adrian Jakubiak, a former audio programmer for CD Projekt, said..." and not all anonymous.

And this version of events actually makes a lot of sense explaining a lot of things. Explains much more than anything officialy said by company.

Just wanted to say this. And sorry for the hit and run but I don't think I'll be posting anymore on the forum.
Feeling a bit too cyberpunk myself for it.

That should be taken with a grain of salt. I don't know if there's a way to track achievement completion history, like what the percentages were in with month but here's from the old post of mine from February.

Achievement data for game completion from Xbox:
Wasteland 3: 3,03%
The Outer Worlds: 16,15%
Cyberpunk 2077: 25,09%

Percentage hasn't changed since 1.06. There's also PSN Trophies page that actually show quite similar completion percentage than Xbox.

Completion percentages remain quite same today, 26,14% for Xbox and 25% for Playstation.

I didn't looked up PSN data back in late December, but I kept my eye on Xbox and like I wrote back in February, game version 1.06, when I finished my first playthrough close to end of December. Schreier and likes liked to write about disaster to fuel the rage machine. Rage machine benefitted from clicks, so it would had been counterproductive for them to discuss about something like "Wait a minute, game is said to be literally unplayable, yet somehow 25,09% of players has managed to complete the main story?"
"Interviews with more than 20 current and former CD Projekt staff, most of whom requested anonymity so as not to risk their careers,..."
So alegedly current and ex.

"Adrian Jakubiak, a former audio programmer for CD Projekt, said..." and not all anonymous.

And this version of events actually makes a lot of sense explaining a lot of things. Explains much more than anything officialy said by company.
Problem isn't those who could be identified but those who couldn't. We had quite a few "former employees" right on these forums that turned out to be fake accounts. There were more in Reddit and a lot of that was posted and reposted around places, some turned out to be 4Chan trolls. There were crowd that kept and kept falling into those stories and people who benefitted from that.

For developer comment, they pretty much achieved the impossible what comes to console performance according to achievement data and on engagement as completion percentage is outstandingly high for this sort of game (the Outer Worlds is at 15,88% on Xbox).
Just wanted to say this. And sorry for the hit and run but I don't think I'll be posting anymore on the forum.
Feeling a bit too cyberpunk myself for it.
No hard feelings, though I will miss your contributions in other topics.

Guest 3847602

All of them especially, ones without any ground breaking titles like ( work in progress)
Sorry, I don't follow. How is it fake advertising if someone:
1) warns you that the promo material you're watching is subject to change
2) warns you that you should expect some features to be cut and altered by the time the game comes out; that this is only meant to give you the rough idea of what the game is and nothing beyond that
3) informs you of the most notable cut features well in advance

What should the correct course of action be when developers can't find the way to implement some features they've initially planned to include? Hit the cancel button on the entire project or tell customers about what was cut and leave them to decide if they still want to buy the game or not. They did the latter.

The Next-Gen Update for Cyberpunk 2077 will affect XBX, PS5, and PC. It will be the same sort of improvements on each platform. The changes may be more noticeable on consoles, but they are still being included on PC. Exact details of what will be offered will be announced by CDPR directly when things gets closer to release.

If there are any changes, those will also be announced by CDPR directly. Announcements made by other sources are not official. The studio is not responsible for the assumptions and speculations of 3rd-parties.
I thought it well might affect PC.. It's amazing how many people pretending to be an authority on the subject told me it would not affect the PC version

Honestly at this point I just want a NG+
All cars, over 6 million Eddie's and all wall weapons

I don't want to lose those and want to keep my V

Wait, what? On pc? When did they say it?
Oo

Top Bottom