Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Also, let's not get back into the same, tired cycle, please:

A: Release the new thing already! This taking forever. Why is it taking so long? Come on...!

B: It was released before it was ready! This is totally unfinished! Why would you release it in this state!?

C: Where is the patch? Why is it not ready yet? We've been waiting forever! Please, just release the patch.

D: For crying out loud, why did they release the patch in this state? This hardly fixes anything! Just take the time, and release it when it's finished.

E: And here we are again, waiting and waiting. Hurry up, already! This is taking way too long.

F: Are you kidding with the state this was released in? What is the point of this...?

Everyone is eventually going to need to accept that things are not finished until they are finished. If you want incremental fixes, you're not going to get wide, sweeping fixes. You're going to get incremental fixes. The amount of time something takes is not determined by our desires for it to be faster. It's determined by how long it's actually going to take.

Even if there will be another patch before 1.5, it will be meaningless. If what CEO says will turn out to be true, the Next-Gen update will come out with the overall patch 1.5. If any patch will bring any sort of improvement of the game, it will be this one.

Even if there will be another patch before 1.5, it will be meaningless. If what CEO says will turn out to be true, the Next-Gen update will come out with the overall patch 1.5. If any patch will bring any sort of improvement of the game, it will be this one.
oh a minor release would please me. even if it's just a few bits of DLC and something extra to celebrate the games anniversary but if not then I am fine waiting for this 1.5. I am in no rush.

snip
That's a bit unfair isn't it? Fans gave CDPR mostly the benefit of the doubt during all three delays, even Twitter was surprisingly civil. Most of us grit our teeth and hoped for the best. But after the disastrous launch, it is our damn right to get informed better about what is planned, get an actual roadmap that contains reasonable milestones and be disappointed if the updates get delayed again and again or introduce more bugs.

Making it sound like fans complaining are a bunch of whiny bitches that only put pressure on poor CDPR is disingenuous and frankly insulting.

Guest 3847602

A: Release the new thing already! This taking forever. Why is it taking so long? Come on...!

B: It was released before it was ready! This is totally unfinished! Why would you release it in this state!?

C: Where is the patch? Why is it not ready yet? We've been waiting forever! Please, just release the patch.

D: For crying out loud, why did they release the patch in this state? This hardly fixes anything! Just take the time, and release it when it's finished.

E: And here we are again, waiting and waiting. Hurry up, already! This is taking way too long.

F: Are you kidding with the state this was released in? What is the point of this...?

Everyone is eventually going to need to accept that things are not finished until they are finished. If you want incremental fixes, you're not going to get wide, sweeping fixes. You're going to get incremental fixes. The amount of time something takes is not determined by our desires for it to be faster. It's determined by how long it's actually going to take.
You can also insert:

- Why are you completely silent, CDPR? Just tell us what you're working on!

CDPR releases "What's new in Night City"...

- What's the deal with these comedic news articles!? This isn't funny! Just give us the goddamn patchnotes already!

CDPR releases full patchontes a few day later...

- Why are the patchonets this long! This just proves that the game should have never been released!

CDPR releases a smaller patch (1.1x, 1.2x, 1.3x)...

- OMG, they're abandoning this game, they're only gonna release a few more hotfixes and call it a day!

oh a minor release would please me. even if it's just a few bits of DLC and something extra to celebrate the games anniversary but if not then I am fine waiting for this 1.5. I am in no rush.
I've been waiting since patch 1.2 for the game to be fixed. I don't need yet another non-patch just so CDPR can stick it on their roadmap.
Post automatically merged:

CDPR development team said "the next-gen upadate is not ready yet, we can't release it in this state". Look up what I said upon that news.

This I absolutely agree with. (y)

And what is wrong with any of these comments on it's game forum? The same compliment should be avoided aswell? Night city is designed incredibly. That could be one of your quotes.
If anyone is responsible overall on comunication with the fans/players is the company through its PR teams. Not so long ago the forum was discussing a lot about the sneaky roadmap update. I remember you questioned whether it meant that there would be no updates this year. You believed it wasn't clear, maybe there would be. That's right it wasn't clear and we now have confirmation this is the case. So if information out there isn't clear I ask who could make it more clear/avoid those quotes you mention? It's so easy to turn on the lower level person (acording to situation the lower level actor/person changes). On this case the players. It's just like it is portraid in the game actually, and very well so. All these corporations fucking everyone and the poor battleing each other.

Making it sound like fans complaining are a bunch of whiny bitches that only put pressure on poor CDPR is disingenuous and frankly insulting.

While I definitely agree with this sentiment, there is truth in saying some people have this kind of circular reasoning when it comes to game development in general.

On my side I'll wait until December 10-11th at least, before say it'll be no update until 2022.
I don't know how it work for other poeple, but in my case, when I prepare some sort of "surprise" for an aniversary (for example), I avoid to talk about it before... It's no longer a surprise if you announce it before

I thought of some kind of "surprise", you know, but... I won't hold my breath. At this point it's not a big deal: sooner or later that expansion will be mine and at that point... new run! I doubt any previous patches would significantly improve the game for me - I care about the story, visual enhancements aren't really my cup of tea. :p

While I definitely agree with this sentiment, there is truth in saying some people have this kind of circular reasoning when it comes to game development in general.

True, absolutely. But is it also true that if, after such a mess, you promise a series of "big and small patches on a regular basis" (cit.) and then you end up not updating the game for... four? Five months? Six maybe? Well, it's only natural that some discontent will comes to the surface. It is inevitable - understandable as it may be, after a year, to be tired of the same, countless criticism.

In general, I believe that CP2077 has been attacked, derided and criticized far, far more than it should have been, and that many other titles, with similar or worse problems, have not received the same treatment. It was some kind of cheap, dishonest feast. Alright. Sure. But this actually feels like a major update on game development to me, so... one can't really expect people not to react.

I care about the story, visual enhancements aren't really my cup of tea.
So except with expansions, I doubt patchs will really interest you (even less hotfixs). But patchs can improve "plenty of things", not only visuals (definitly not story... Possibly "a little" with DLCs :)
Anyway, I think it's better to wait another 2 weeks before saying that there will be nothing at all in 2021. If nothing is released December 12-13th, I can agree, probably nothing will be released until 2022.

As a console player i have to ask out of pure honesty... which games are you talking about?... im really curious...
Not tested and maybe not the best examples, but if I read reviews on Xbox Store on "recent games" (the most recurrents) :
- Skyrim AE (4/5 stars, but it count ratings from 2016 XB1 version...) : "lot of Bugs/Crashes"
- Forza Horizon 5 (3.5/5 stars) : "lot of Bugs/Crashes".
- Battlefield (2/5 stars) : "Bad, run away!".
- COD (2/5 stars) : "lot of Bugs/Deco".

As a console player i have to ask out of pure honesty... which games are you talking about?... im really curious...

The curious thing with CP2077, is that nornally it was PC users who suffered the most from multiplatform(i can think of PC only bugfests also on release)
https://www.gamingscan.com/worst-pc-ports/

With CP2077 It was consoles who got the worse release, and some users used to platform exclusives might have had a bad surprise(im not defending the state of the release on old gen).

Its why, i think pc users of CP2077 seem(in general,always exception) more tolerants to some bug/glitches("oh well,it will be eventually patched").

Its why, i think pc users of CP2077 seem(in general,always exception) more tolerants to some bug/glitches("oh well,it will be eventually patched").

yeah thats what i think as well - pc users seem way more used to such releases than consoles player - i myself also encountered some bad launches on console mostly from Ubisoft games such as AC or Division. But honestly i never encountered a launch like CP on console before.

Thats also a reason why especially console players had and still have a really bad picture about the game's release and everything what followed.

Just to give you an example, I just finished playing "Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous". I started a couple of weeks after its official release and I guarantee you that the amount and severity of bugs was surreal. Surreal. With CP2077, always at the release, I made my first run, on pc, encountering very few bugs/glitches, without ever having to start from scratch; here... I had to start over THREE times and encountered an unbelievable amount of problems. Hallucinating. And I'll tell you that Pathfinder: WotR, imho, is still a great product, but its status upon release was just plain shameful.

But for me the discourse is even broader and more complex than that. It's not just a matter of bugs and glitches. I have been very critical with the CDPR for the release of CP2077 and for its status on consoles and I still believe that a lot of criticism was deserved. That's fine. However, it seems to me that there is a completely unique and sometimes intellectually dishonest hatred of CP2077 by some. Even its duration has been criticized, just to give an example, in a world where people applaud a Resident Evil with ten hours of gameplay. mah.

Just to give you an example, I just finished playing "Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous". I started a couple of weeks after its official release and I guarantee you that the amount and severity of bugs was surreal. Surreal. With CP2077, always at the release, I made my first run, on pc, encountering very few bugs/glitches, without ever having to start from scratch; here... I had to start over THREE times and encountered an unbelievable amount of problems. Hallucinating. And I'll tell you that Pathfinder: WotR, imho, is still a great product, but its status upon release was just plain shameful.

But for me the discourse is even broader and more complex than that. It's not just a matter of bugs and glitches. I have been very critical with the CDPR for the release of CP2077 and for its status on consoles and I still believe that a lot of criticism was deserved. That's fine. However, it seems to me that there is a completely unique and sometimes intellectually dishonest hatred of CP2077 by some. Even its duration has been criticized, just to give an example, in a world where people applaud a Resident Evil with ten hours of gameplay. mah.

like u said - its a pc example ^^

and (at least in my opinion) - the hate was not only about the technical-status of the game - sure to some extand - but a high portion of the hate was also based on the false advertising and their excuses/arguments why so many things they promoted were changed or skipped/cutted at all - paired with their own opinion to be "leader in the rpg industry" and bring "new sttandarts of gaming" (we dont need to talk about this point anymore) what yet alone is more than questionable with just one rpg in their portfolio and mechanicis/physics which cant compete with 5-10 years old games.

Performance is one side - additute and communication tho is a completely different aspect in this regard.

personally i hope they can keep up to their claims in the future tho - because after all i still see the potential of this IP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom