Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
I didn't expect this statement at all. At best, I expected nothing and their commitment to be shown through patches.

Most of it makes me hopeful that CP2077 will someday be the game they originally set out to make. Other parts make me think, this is it.

That first free DLC will definitely set the tone for the coming months.

"despite good reviews on PC, the console version of Cyberpunk 2077 did not meet the quality of standard we wanted it to meet"

I really do hope CD Projekt is not trying to disregard valid criticism regarding bugs and unpolished content like the AI, both pedestrians and police, which is bad regardless on what platform you play...

Last edited:
It's nice to see that Marcin is able to preform under so much pressure, although I think pointing a gun at him off screen was bit to much.

Joking aside, it's nice that they finally responded to the whole situation and are trying to reassure people.

There are few bullshit damage control statements in there but overall it was a nice video.

Here's to the future and what that future brings. (hopefully a game that the developers and the player base will be happy with)

All the best CDPR :beer:

Last edited:
Okay...we can live with the idea that bugs are a thing on big projects...but we will recieve the game advertised? All the cut contents? Choices that matters? Most beliveble crowd in games up to date? Those thing that make this game a hype...

I too want this. From my experience on PC, I'd rate the game 6/10 maybe 7/10. Bug fixing will at most bring the game to 7/10. This rating is also me being a bit lucky and not seeing a lot of bugs. I've seem some bugs and some crashes but nothing game breaking or experience ruining.

I believe in order for the game to become a great/amazing/etc experience it needs the missing content.

I really hope the next pc patch fixes the bug with scanning that has affected many players on various different quests.
Some quests it is obvious what needs to be scanned in order to progress but my scanner just simply will not scan those objects. I can scan anything else in the area but not the key things.

I didn't expect this statement at all. At best, I expected nothing and their commitment to be shown through patches.

Most of it makes me hopeful that CP2077 will someday be the game they originally set out to make. Other parts make me think, this is it.

That first free DLC will definitely set the tone for the coming months.

Agreed.

In my mind a proper DLC free or otherwise is a DLC that adds more of the cities core systems that feel missing.

Like Metros, Barber shops and so on. Hopefully cut quests for the main game also make it back to make the main story longer and more varied.

I sincerely hope that.
As for planned major DLCs. Please let it all stay in the Nightcity area.
The city needs more to feel truly what they advertised. Maybe DLC stories can also change or open new endings for the main game?

There are a lot of possibilities.
I just hope CDPR delivers.
I want them to succeed.

This is good news.

However, only the future will tell if this commitment is going to deliver the prime experience that 2012 Marcin Iwinski envisioned, or if this is only some PR manouver to sell a soulless bland multiplayer experience.

Words can be contested and carried by the wind. But actions speaks for themselves, and great quality can't be contested.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

As a programmer myself, I know this sometimes happens. I feel like many people will instantly think this is BS however I'd say it happens more often then people might believe.
With that said... The fact that the console version was shown in that state to consumers is still unacceptable. This indicates there was not enough testing done and I think it's pretty safe to assume that not enough testing was done because it was rushed.

So the take away, it's not completely unbelievable that they really thought the game ran good enough for release; but, it was still unacceptable.

Last edited:

Dear gamers,

We are committed to fixing bugs and crashes and will continue to work and improve the game via future updates to make sure you are enjoying the game regardless of the platform.

We will use this space to inform you about the progress being made on Cyberpunk 2077’s further development, including information about updates and improvements, free DLCs, and more.

Below, you’ll find CD PROJEKT’s co-founder’s personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio’s perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles.

Thank you

CD PROJEKT RED

This video was created in English so only the English version fully reflects our message. Subtitles in other languages were added solely for your convenience.

FAQ

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A
: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we've underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A
: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A:
We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A:
We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A:
Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A:
We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A:
For those who are playing the game on next-gen consoles via backwards compatibility, we are planning the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series consoles, and PlayStation 5, this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A:
The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: When is the game coming back to PlayStation Store?

A:
We are working on fixes and updates, and are working with Sony to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A:
The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.
Everything good, we didn't disappointed in game, great atmosphere, great story-telling, beautiful characters cant be darkened by few bugs <З
Love your work guys, keep pushing.

Don't ever let time limit your vision and love for your art. Keep high spirits please, we are all with you hoping for the same things you do. While everyone likes to see timelines and plans, please don't forget we will understand if some aren't met as long as you give the game care it needs to innovate and grow.

We are in it together, and we still have so much love to give to Cyberpunk 2077, as long as you are committed it will never fade away. The threads on this forum are daily revolving with ideas and wishes and high hopes. Here we hope you will find encouragement and motivation to pursue your passion and never doubt your place on the CDPRs team.

Thank you for such memorable characters and stories, no amount of bugs or flaws could take away their impact or hide the dedication and love that went into making them.

Irealy like the game and want to buy it on my pc but ireally dislike 1st person and hate first person ,ihope you add 3rd person prespective before the big dlc

Thank you very much for communicating with your fanbase. This is the first step i have waited for and you have done it. It is a step to make things better, but just a step. Dont lose your sight now and keep working on that game.

I wished you would have still talked about missing features, AI and things like that, as it is still not clear if we will receive them or not, because bugs are only one part of the Problem. (Though i can understand that you work on the bugs first, but at least hinting at giving back cut content would have been nice.)

Top Bottom