Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Good comms, although very late. However it seems like the company does not believe there is anything fundamentally lacking from the PC version ("while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of "). This effectively means that the game will not be materially changed other than bug fixing. Whilst a founder cannot say anything else publicly, roadmap makes no mention of changes to game mechanics or anything else fundamental (like adding back the cut content - call it something else). Pity.

I'm on PC, and the super funny thing is that I have more bugs now on my second playthrough.
At random I get killed from nowhere, just walking and puff dead.
Various graphical glitches that brakes the game. Sound glitches, a lot of texture popping, playing for a 2-3 hours and the game starts to lag very very badly. And that is after the hot "fixes". I'm scared for the next "fixes".

The scope of the game is not as big as CDPR is trying to show. The map is not the biggest of the open world games, the mechanics are the same as every FPS, the story is linear, and for me not very interesting, the dialog delivery sometimes is out of place and does not correspond to what is happening.

And when you have games like RDR 2 and GTA V, CP2077 looks and feels like a school project in comparison.
Yes the graphics can be nice if you have a PC for around 2k euros but the same can be said for the GTA and RDR. The difference is they look and play well on all platforms.

Guest 4520369

Thanks for the update! I've clocked over 300 hours and still haven't finished the game. Compliments to all the artists, coders, designers, really everyone on the dev team! Looking forward to future updates.

I know CDPR probably gets posts like this all the time. Ok Cyberpunk had a rough launch but thats ok. I really enjoy the games you have made. The patches have made a huge difference on the ps4. I'm a truck driver so i can only play here and there. I went out and bought a pro and a 4k tv for my truck just i could have a great experience with Cyberpunk. I became a fan of CDPR after the witcher. Just wanted to say thank you. I know CDPR is working hard to fix the issues Cyberpunk still has. I cant wait to see what the future holds for Cyberpunk and CDPR. I wish you all the best.

1) We need more Joytoys
2) More stuff to do in this beautiful city
3) The entire game feels like a giant, beautiful world with nothing in it.
4) The AI's are bland, no unique characters
5) There are only TWO romanceable options (for each orientation), I mean I know we weren't going to be able to pick up every attractive pixel character we passed by but, well, more?
6) "Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?" - You must have modified consoles lol.

Honestly the game looks amazing (except the food), and I'm having a blast playing it. But in other games we can cook, chop trees, modify cars, get a gd haircut, etc. It's like you made a world for us to live in and yet not interact with, which is a shame, because we're like kids in a toy store being told not to touch anything. This dilutes the replay ability and desire to explore. But, keep up the good work, your interaction with your customers is greatly appreciated and a welcome change from the usual corporate responses.

Very glad to get an official statement - always better than silence but especially when there have been so many rumours and alleged leaks and made up click bait stories.

however I think everyone is pretty chilled on the bug fixing thing. We all expect thosewith most big new release games and that they’ll be fixed within a couple of months.

the main issue that is not addressed is the missing content and features that were advertised as part of the game but aren’t anywhere to be seen or are hollowed out versions.

also the AI of NPCs, Police, Enemies in combat, Gangs and traffic is just bad. I’d say the same about the spawning of cars and npcs.

it doesn’t surprise me that these things were not addressed in this message - but if CDPR are taking this as serious as Marcin says thenhopefully they will hear the concerns of fans.

im enjoying the game as it is - warts and all. I hope it improves for replayability and I look forward to what CDPR bring to the table through 2021.

Blah blah blah blah.
Nonsense talk only babys can fall for that.

Next time release the game when it's ready, you wouldn't have lost much money in comparison to shitstorm you went trough by releasing it early.

The guys on managaments are monkeys, you can pick NPCS from this game and put them in charge and they would probably manage better.

its important but most important now its the police ai, the cars and the NPC can be adressed later, i am pretty tired that everytime by mistake i hit a civllian 10 policeman spawn fron nowhere

You are counting the chickens before your eggs, the police behavior is what it is because there is no AI that can actually traverse the environment or behave like even something remotely intelligent.

The AI cannot drive which is why all the cars in the game are on fixed lanes, why all the car chase sequences are completely scripted and why the single racing event in the game (which based on the files was probably intended to be a side activity) is also scripted.

You winning or losing and in fact your position is dependent on your performance against an imaginary driver, the cars spawn behind you or in front of you which is why you sometimes not in the first position despite no one actually passing you visibly because they can't as they can't drive.

I cannot stress just how non existent and broken the AI is, they've clearly tried to have a very complex system and there are the buddings of an AI system quite similar to probably Horizon Zero Dawn with individual actor having it's own fulcrum and player and obstacle detection is done on per entity basis with traced rays (nothing to do with RT for rendering) but it just doesn't work because the rest is not there.

You have two types of NPCs those with a very fixed routine that were manually placed by the developers which are the "named" NPCs in the game as in those which you can scan and get a name off and these have a predefined scripted path.

And the ones that are just appear as "NC citizen" are the "filler" NPCs these are the ones that are affected by the crowd density setting and don't even have some fixed path to go about their daily life they are just as part of the crowd system which literarily is nothing more than a heat map of areas that need to be filled with NPCs based on the player location and the crowd density settings.

These BTW are populated in tons of areas that are not only inaccessible to players but not even visible such as the many rooftops and skybridges that connect buildings, which probably doesn't help with performance on lower end systems either.

Also the plethora of landing pads near the inaccessible locations where these crowd NPCs are populated and the fact that you have air taxi stations quite likely means that at some point these locations were accessible via either the build itself or by taking an air taxi to it's roof.

I'm still sad, that there is nothing in this Statement about missing content or not finished content. There are actually analysis of the first 48min Trailer, which shows, that in nearly every minute is a missing feature. The story feels very rushed and not really filled with interesting gameplaymechanics at all and also very clunky in terms of scripted car movement, etc. My question is, are you going to try to achive the state you promised or just fix these bugs?

Vague words again. He mentioned improving the "experience" for PC, but he didn't point out that that improvement would be bug fixes or adding back the content that's in the advertisement. But I choose to believe CDPR one more time, just for this game, since I would not refund and it won't hurt to wait and see. However I would be more than cautious for my next pre-purchase :rolleyes:

After you downgrade the Game cuz of the PS4 hardware, will you upgrade it again, if everyone has a PS5?

Stupid decision to release such a game on PS4. Because of that, you have to kill your own visions.

The "vision" was sold to us PS4 players who can't physically buy PS5s and who would like to play the game.

Lol, uh, small patch incoming then another one in "the weeks after", of course, why take another 6 months while you're at it. The PR folks working overtime to cover your butts eh?

The game will take as long as it takes to fix. I paid for a game that runs and will hold onto my copy until it does.

I absolutely enjoy the time and effort ya'll put into this game. It's quite amazing, and while I know there are bugs and some things that are a little rough around the edges. What you guys did deliver was amazing. I think it is too bad that you guys shipped to old consoles before they were ready, it made the big buzz around the game be more about the faults it had as opposed to the great things it did do. Should have waited on the last-gen consoles, but besides that I think it's been great. I can't wait to see what new updates and DLC you guys release. Waiting in anticipation! :)

As a Long Time GOG Member and a pre order of all CD Projekt games, I Accept! the Apology.

I Play on a brand new Alienware Aurora R11 I9 RTX 3090 and with the exception of a few bugs and design choices the game ran great! and i enjoyed it. But unless more is added.... Choices! Romances, and deeper story the replay ability isn't as good as Witcher 3 IMO...

PC Player here.

I initially thought about not playing the game until there were enough patches to fix things like:
  • Very odd ultrawide behaviour
    • But I am playing 5120x1440 and I've learned to expect a mixed bag with that aspect ratio - but I expected better attention to detail from CDPR. I must say at least that the performance is better than Watch Dogs: Legion, though, which has awful frame pacing issues.
  • Next-to-useless minimap (dynamic zoom is a must!)
  • Disappearing/reappearing crowds & traffic
  • Puzzling (to say the least!) driving physics
    • Let's not talk about how some of the vehicles move... especially anything with dual front-wheel steering...
  • Lack of NPC variability and density
  • Unfathomably narrow-minded gender/sexual identity choices
  • Dumb AI (particularly non-combat, but combat could be smarter too)
  • Shonky and Broken GUI - e.g. some things spring to mind
    • Why can't we get to messages from the 'T' menu?
    • Map is useless for actually finding anything. In 2077 you'd expect an interactive map with at least the ability to place your own markers! E.g. I was trying to find Judy's apartment out-of-quest - in the end I had to use Google...
    • Inventory management is a real chore:
      • Grenade quantities don't seem to update when you dismantle them
      • Swapping Armour doesn't update the comparison UI until you go out and come back again
      • Have you ever tried crafting a bunch of upgrade components in one go? It takes forever! Why can't we have Craft +5/+10/+15 shortcut buttons or something if we've got the resources?
      • Weapon and armour stats that change randomly as you select between alternates
      • Support mousewheel for the 'quantity' slider
  • ... and much, much more obviously ...
But the problem is - I've found myself going back to do more and more (and am likely to have played it all the way through with most side stuff done before 1.2 drops) because, despite all these things, I'm really enjoying it. It's not quite what I hoped for, but it's far better than I feared, with some genuinely brilliant storytelling.

Now I'm of the opinion that, if you folks are committed to fixing these things for everyone alongside the necessary last-gen console improvements, then that'll mean, in a couple of months, I'll probably have a completely different experience to look forward to on my next play through.

I'm finding the prospect of getting those improvements quite exciting - not to mention story-based DLC too.

It's also clear to me that there's a huge amount of scope there in terms of future expansion (I'd love a 'Raid II'-style quest up one of those tower blocks! And the multiplayer potential is, obviously, potentially huge), so I really hope you guys are planning on adding more and more, not just over a year, but more besides - it would be a shame to have expended all that effort, and to have taken such a kicking over some, let's be fair, dumb mistakes that other big software houses are also regularly making, not to take advantage of the immense canvas you've created here. And yes - I'd pay for stuff, too - especially if you fix the core experience.

So, from my (again: PC) perspective, I think you've just about got away with it. There's definitely more immersion-breaking cardboard scenery on show here than there really should be - but there's a very strong foundation that is still on a par with the best I've played in the last year or so.

Now it's time to actually make it the best - so: take your time, do it right and do us proud.

Please.

It's good to hear from CDPR, but I would highly advice not expecting too much. What I understand from the announcement is:

- They will focus on bugfixes
- After the game gets stable on console and bugs are fixed, they will release Free DLCs.

- Free DLCs are probably cosmatics or some open-world improvements, something that won't cost them too much (don't expect free expansion)

So I'm not excited, but CDPR sharing a roadmap is a sign of their awareness. They obviously read the forum so it's a plus. I hope it will continue.

The "vision" was sold to us PS4 players who can't physically buy PS5s and who would like to play the game.

Now enjoy the PS4 Game, I see nothing about "Next Gen" or "Next Level".

They should do the bugfixes, but after that, concentrate on EndGame PC's and next Gen Consoles.

Or better...just lockdown the game for a year and do it again.

I'm still sad, that there is nothing in this Statement about missing content or not finished content. There are actually analysis of the first 48min Trailer, which shows, that in nearly every minute is a missing feature. The story feels very rushed and not really filled with interesting gameplaymechanics at all and also very clunky in terms of scripted car movement, etc. My question is, are you going to try to achive the state you promised or just fix these bugs?

I think the video is very clear that nothing will be done about other matters until the bugs are addressed. Which is the right call.

Top Bottom